Thread: QoL (Quality of Life) for Grohk

In Planet Earth denying the laws of physics.
    Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

QoL (Quality of Life) for Grohk

If you didn't know, Grohk can't use Shock Pulse [RMB] when he's reloading.

This is a huge weakness especially for the Spirit's Domain talent as you tend to reload more to stop teammates dying.

All healers can use [RMB] during reload (except Grover ofc - doesn't reload). Furia, Seris, Mal'damba...even Pip (as Explosive Flask [RMB] deals dmg like Grohk and is CC).

Lightning Rod, one of the top sustain cards for Grohk takes a hit as well.
    Lightning Rod: Hitting a champion with Shock Pulse heals you for {30|30}.
    It has more "healing per second" than Healing Totem [Q] so it's useful if flanks try to kill Grohk.

In short, please fix this...
    Io....Hmmm.....I guess that one more waifu on the list!

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    What is the problem? Is Lightning Rod OP or is the Healing Totem underpowered (UP)?
    The totem can heal all of the allies and can heal when Ghrok can't hit enemies with the Shock Pulse. I think all of them are fine.
    Fernando and Ghrok can't reaload, but they energy is recharging all the time when not shooting. And they can interrupt this recharging whenever. It's much better than a reload.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    What is the problem? Is Lightning Rod OP or is the Healing Totem underpowered (UP)?
    The totem can heal all of the allies and can heal when Ghrok can't hit enemies with the Shock Pulse. I think all of them are fine.
    Fernando and Ghrok can't reaload, but they energy is recharging all the time when not shooting. And they can interrupt this recharging whenever. It's much better than a reload.
    spirit's domain is bad, totemic ward is way better

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    HAVE YOU TRIED NOT USING UP ALL YOUR AMMO?

If you have to reload the staff you are doing it wrong, it recharges faster then it reloads.

The shock pulse already acts as a reload if the correct card is taken.

It has a 3s reload time, using shock orb during the reload would be janky if it canceled out the reload animation and reset the 3s reload time.

Grohk can reload and recharge in Ghostwalk. He can recharge during tempest. A good Grohk will not be out of ammo.

In Planet Earth denying the laws of physics.
    Level
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    If you have to reload the staff you are doing it wrong, it recharges faster then it reloads.

The shock pulse already acts as a reload if the correct card is taken.
    You're probably right about that too. But in a heated situation, if I'm using Spirit's Domain and a tank is about to die, I tend to keep healing them until they go to safety which often forces me to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Tbh, I'm considering these little microplays of [RMB] that could make a difference for Grohk.

I just checked and even Fernando can use all his abilities during reload. If this is the case, then this is actually a bug.

That's also why it should be fixed...
    Last edited by Minucello; 07-24-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Io....Hmmm.....I guess that one more waifu on the list!