Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zhin Needs a Nerf

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester Veteran Tagger Second Class

Zhin Needs a Nerf

If I see Zhin successfully take on three enemies who are all concentrating fire on him one more time, I'll have to buy a new monitor. Why does Zhin basically have two moves that give him invinsibility, and why does one of them have the ability to do additional damage, and why do both of them have the ability to heal? Billow and Counter are simply rediculously.

In addition, his Inferno Blade can do 1500 damage in just two seconds, has crazy range considering this dps, and is extremely accurate. This all makes it far too easy for Zhin to waltz in, nearly kill you (assuming you haven't been damaged already enough that he just decimates you), use Billow or Counter to become invinsible and heal, and then finish the job in practically no time flat. His low health simply doesn't justify this, because, again, he has two ways to become invincible.

Mastery 9 Zhins are wiping out teams of other players who have all spent months, and even years practicing with their champions. I've seen it so many times. Can something please be done about this?

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    counter and billow are zhin only move for escape 2nd is whirl zhin is a very hard champ to get killed but you need timing on when not to hit him on counter and stop going rambo if zhin use a healing billow talent

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Flank Balance.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    nerf zhin? yeah why not, nerf buck and skye while you're still here, and nerf moji and lex

seriously zhin is already difficult enough to play as it is, I don't want an other flank turning into useless thing that can't win
    damage are so much better than most flanks, tanks can just rekt any flank in 1v1, team is never helping the poor flanker but they ask him to go 1v3 to his death, stop nerfing flanks, buff them, rework them, I don't care but as it is now, only maeve and evie are playable as flanks, and eventually zhin

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    nerf zhin? yeah why not, nerf buck and skye while you're still here, and nerf moji and lex

seriously zhin is already difficult enough to play as it is, I don't want an other flank turning into useless thing that can't win
    damage are so much better than most flanks, tanks can just rekt any flank in 1v1, team is never helping the poor flanker but they ask him to go 1v3 to his death, stop nerfing flanks, buff them, rework them, I don't care but as it is now, only maeve and evie are playable as flanks, and eventually zhin
    Yeah lol I agree. Everyone wants to nerf flanks for some reason and yet won't stop whining about how they're not killing that Strix or Drogoz behind the line. On top of that, Zhin actually did receive a nerf recently with a reduction in Billow's duration from 2.5 secs to 1.5 secs. It has hence seen a drop in popularity

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Counter doesn't give him invincibility, it only covers part of his body and you can avoid the extra damage by not shooting at it. Billow has been greatly nerfed so it's kinda easy to follow and kill him. The only thing I don't like is yomi: extra dmg, infinite range and can go through enemies? It's ridiculous

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Dude, if you are complaining about the current Zhin, you should've played 3 months ago. That was the time when Zhin was good. And this was a great time. The game had a champion that had survivability. 1500 damage in 2 second. Let me tell you something: Strix = 2000 damage in a split second as well as 400 additional damage over time, that's 2400 damage in total. I have no understanding at all why they keep nerfing flanks into the ground to the point of their uselessness, Androxus late 2018, got nerfed into the ground, Zhin got nerfed into the ground, only because weak players couldn't deal with them. Flanks were considered to be "more mobile champions". Buck has a short jump on a 10 second cooldown. Is that what you call "mobility"? That's a joke, not mobility.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    andro's nerf omg, how to make a good flank requiring skill a total useless wreck, even very good androxus can't do much now, nerf after nerf, to the abyss, and his hitbox omg, he has bigger hitbox than inara, lian presence can touch you while you dash even if it misses you

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    seriously zhin is already difficult enough to play as it is
    I agree that nerfing zhin again will make him garbage but how can you say that zhin is easy to play??
    You basically don't have to aim with zhin, your projectiles will ALWAYS hit someone! THE HITBOXES, THEY NEED TO BE FIXED! Make him a fair flanker like meave or andro, where you need a few aim to hit your shots...

Yomi is also insane, I thought that after the nerf people would have started playing smolder to have more survivability but NO! They keep using that bursty bullshit that also has also no range limits and pass through enemies, yomi isn't fair at all!
    Delete bonus damage from yomi and fix HITBOXES!

Member Recruit
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Please TAKE THIS POST DOWN. I'm a GM ZHIN MAIN AND I'M SAYING HE NEEDS A BUFF.

Also, why would you have to aim with a character sort of intended to be a melee character?

They shouldn't nerf Zhin because of your personal problems with him, they just nerfed him and i don't see mastery Zhins getting team wipeouts anymore. Only thing i would think about is bringing back yomi, and replacing it with retaliation, then nerfing the damage of each counter. If anything right now, zhin needs a slight buff
    Last edited by Borvik; 07-23-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Posts merged