Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Props to Evil Mojo for Io.

Beta Player Baronet LascarCapable's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Props to Evil Mojo for Io.

Not sure what's the general consensus of the community for that character, but in my case I really like her gameplay. She just fits at 100% the kind of stuff I like to play. Reliable damage, a deployable that you can move around almost constantly, a movement ability that covers some ground decently, and I'm perfectly fine with her being a healer, especially when that heal doesn't have any cooldowns and seems to have such a high range (line of slight is still required though). Character is also fairly pleasent to look at, though her appearence isn't really why I am playing her.

The only piece of negative feedback I'm going to give about her is her voicelines that I find rather boring. It's a trend among many recent shooters that I tend to dislike : characters act too seriously, too heroic, and it's boring to hear at. I find it better when characters throw nasty jabs at each others like what you can see in TF2. Maybe this will be solved in the future with unlockable skins though. I never spent money in Paladins before, but if they do some really good voice cues and the skin looks alright I'd be very tempted to buy it.

I just wanted to thank the dev team for that character, because this is the very first time I'm playing something that fits my kind of gameplay at 100% in any recent game. Io scratches an itch I was dying to get since several years.

EDIT : actually another piece of feedback I totally forgot. It seems like Io's projectile from Begone is totally invisible (at least for me), which looks like quite a nasty bug to me. This could use a fix.
    Last edited by LascarCapable; 07-21-2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added bug report.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LascarCapable View Post

actually another piece of feedback I totally forgot. It seems like Io's projectile from Begone is totally invisible (at least for me), which looks like quite a nasty bug to me. This could use a fix.
    Yes, I also noticed that. It could definitely use a fix.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The players need to see Luna's health. Luna needs her own icon when dead or gets an elimination

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    Yes, I also noticed that. It could definitely use a fix.
    what do you need to download to see that again?

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think it is an issue with low or medium visual settings not having a visual projectile, or it fails to locate and load a lower setting version of the projectile. It appears they are looking into it though... people have been saying this since pts.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    I think it is an issue with low or medium visual settings not having a visual projectile, or it fails to locate and load a lower setting version of the projectile. It appears they are looking into it though... people have been saying this since pts.
    I'll try messing with my config then, it may solve the issue.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    After 11 or 12 levels with Io, and trying different loadouts and play styles (you can healing bot or healing bot or healing bot, by the way), I was complaining about her game play being plain boring. You stay there, putting fox to heal some allies, while RMB on the others. You have few times to shoot and your F is impossible to be used in decent way to flank.
    I was just randomly complaining, thinking I need more time to understand her.

Then, a certain player well know here around time ago, said "She's shit, what did you expect?" "Oh, thanks, so it's not me, being bad, it's her, in need of a buff" "Of course. Did you need 11 levels to notice it?"
    Well, in my Country we say "if you're born round, you can't die square", so, thanks for your usual kindness and self-esteem boost ¬_¬ but at least I'm not stupid.

The only way to be decent with Io is focusing everything on healing and that's why she ends with about the same dmg of old Seris.
    Can we have a rework already?
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class
    I haven't played much with Io yet (I think I only played 2 matches) because it's a new champion so there's always someone faster than me rushing the Io pick. But from what experience I got with her, she's underwhelming, I'm simply not impressed. She's not bad, her heals are decent and the damage is ok, but I'd rather play any other support. Maybe if I get to play more with her and get the hang of it my opinion might change, it's too soon for me to say if she's bad or not, but compare that to Atlas who got released recently as well and I was immediately hyped with just my first try with him, so I'm really disapointed with Io. I've seen other players do some neat stuff with Io, but I couldn't help but think that those same players could've been doing better with another support.

First off, Io has the worst Ultimate of all supports. Her ultimate has potential to do something great, but it's very situational. The enemy team has to line up just right to get something awesome out of it, so most of the time you'll use it to just push an enemy backwards, something that Torvald does so much better than her, so it feels lame. Her healing isn't bound to a cooldown and its healing power is comparable to the other supports, but it's like the bastard child of Furia and Seris' healing skills: it requires line of sight just like Furia, except that it doesn't give her a damage boost and it doesn't heal right away, having to channel the healing on a target like Seris, except that Seris' healing is 33.33% faster and doesn't require constant line of sight, doesn't lock in to the target and an ally passing through the healing beam can steal the healing from the intended target (this last one was pretty annoying to me, how do I explain to the team to stop getting each other killed?). It's the worst of both worlds.

Luna is the best part about Io - it's fairly tanky, can take objectives... Overall it's better than Barik's turrets (for example), BUT the turrets are disposable while Luna isn't. Io's doesn't deal that much damage, so Luna is required to suplement that damage, so getting Luna killed means 18s of reduced damage. Luna can take objectives, so you can leave her behind at the capture point while you roam around healing teammates, which is awesome, but I won't lie, having to worry about healing Luna itself kinda ruins that, because the last thing I want as a support is someone else to heal. That's why I increased Luna's health by 1k in my loadout, because I really don't wanna have to heal Luna all the time. Luna's stun is short and I haven't figured out yet how to control that stun, so I don't even know if that's even possible.
    PS.: You can see Luna's health on the corner of your health bar, but I admit that it's really small and it could be more visible to the player - Io's gameplay depends on that.

As I said before, I don't think Io is bad. I have barely played with her, but I'm underwhelmed with her gameplay. She has nothing really noteworthy about her that makes me wanna play her on any specific scenario. A better Ultimate would change that, but I don't think Hi-Rez will do that.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    After 11 or 12 levels with Io, and trying different loadouts and play styles (you can healing bot or healing bot or healing bot, by the way), I was complaining about her game play being plain boring. You stay there, putting fox to heal some allies, while RMB on the others. You have few times to shoot and your F is impossible to be used in decent way to flank.
    I was just randomly complaining, thinking I need more time to understand her.

Then, a certain player well know here around time ago, said "She's shit, what did you expect?" "Oh, thanks, so it's not me, being bad, it's her, in need of a buff" "Of course. Did you need 11 levels to notice it?"
    Well, in my Country we say "if you're born round, you can't die square", so, thanks for your usual kindness and self-esteem boost ¬_¬ but at least I'm not stupid.

The only way to be decent with Io is focusing everything on healing and that's why she ends with about the same dmg of old Seris.
    Can we have a rework already?
    Btw, her healing is worse than Seris'. Not only she requires line of sight, but Seris' healing is 33.33% faster than hers. The only advantage Io's healing got over Seris' is the fact that her healing has no cooldown (kinda), HOWEVER Seris' healing has a very short cooldown, so it barely matters. So if I were to choose between Io and Seris, I'd always pick Seris - better healing, goes invisible/intangible, better short range damage, better Ultimate.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    -Snipped-
    Sounds like you want to be able to heal and attack at the same time. To be honest, after trying her for a moment, I do feel like I pass a bit too much time healing people to my liking (that is, if I want to play seriously and win). Other healers can usually afford to shoot at stuff much more often due to the way they're made.

I can see two solutions that could work in my opinion :

-> Make the heal linger over time once you stop it, so you can cut your healing and start shooting at stuff earlier. This would mean increasing the amount of moonlight consumed however, so the amount healed still matches the moonlight consumed.

-> Make Io link to the ally you target with Moonlight passively, while being allowed to shoot while Moonlight is being used. This may require a nerf somewhere to compensate for the fact that you can now heal and shoot at the same time.. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocklobsta View Post
    -snip-
    Dunno about Seris being a better healer. Io can sustain 1000 hp heal per second for 6 seconds straight (I tried to time it). Seris heals 2000 hp over 1.5s every 4 seconds. I don't know Seris too much though, maybe the cards allow you to sustain heals in an insane way. I saw a Talent allowing you to extend your healing duration and a card decreasing the CD of Restore Soul. There's very likely a way to trigger some kind of loop to reset your healing ability over and over.