Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Talus Ult and Reveal

  1. #1
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    475
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,434, Level: 21
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

    Talus Ult and Reveal

    After being slaughtered by a Talus the other day I decided to give him a try last night. I used the Nothing Personal talent.

    Seemed like the reveal never ends. People were not below 65% health the entire match.
    Is that a bug or what? If an enemy is below 65% and gets revealed how long should he stay revealed? Whatever that time is is too long.

    The ult is nasty. I pick a target and they have literally zero chance to counter or escape. My team is near the end of a push. I got killed and all I have to do is dismount outside the spawn and ult. Instant death to someone and I'm back in the fight.

    I feel that the ult range should be limited to half the map size.
    Maybe there should be a small delay after the teleport before you can attack.

  2. #2
    Member Baron buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    214
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,132, Level: 18
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    After being slaughtered by a Talus the other day I decided to give him a try last night. I used the Nothing Personal talent.

    Seemed like the reveal never ends. People were not below 65% health the entire match.
    Is that a bug or what? If an enemy is below 65% and gets revealed how long should he stay revealed? Whatever that time is is too long.

    The ult is nasty. I pick a target and they have literally zero chance to counter or escape. My team is near the end of a push. I got killed and all I have to do is dismount outside the spawn and ult. Instant death to someone and I'm back in the fight.

    I feel that the ult range should be limited to half the map size.
    Maybe there should be a small delay after the teleport before you can attack.
    Iirc it should end once you are above 65% hp.

    inner strength is arguably more of a problem since most people don't use any other talus talent.


    and nerfing his ult seems a bit wrong,

    for example, ying's ult provides map wide healing and an instant return to the push/point fight,

    and drogoz's ult just flat out one shots people.

  3. #3
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    475
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,434, Level: 21
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    That's what I thought too. I'll have to try him again and see if it persists or just in my head.

    Interesting. The match I got slaughtered in the Talus was using Faustian Bargain. From my limited playing I think all the talents are viable.

    Drogoz's ult can sometimes be blocked. If you saw how often this Talus was ulting you might think otherwise. Maybe the charge rate is too high. He didn't even have Morale boost - just checked.

  4. #4
    Member Recruit curb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    9
    Level
    3
    Points: 187, Level: 3
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Talus Ultimate only does 600 damage, not guaranteeing instant death. Plus, unless you blink back after quickly dropping a rune, you end up exposed and you'll probably get killed.

  5. #5
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    475
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,434, Level: 21
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by curb47 View Post
    Talus Ultimate only does 600 damage, not guaranteeing instant death. Plus, unless you blink back after quickly dropping a rune, you end up exposed and you'll probably get killed.
    I ult. Target gets knocked back, I finish with overcharge or even regular weapon. Not once did the target survive this. Live match not bots.

    Maybe I should have said guaranteed kill instead of instant death. I'm sure they felt like it was instant. I know I did when it was done to me.

  6. #6
    Member Baron buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    214
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,132, Level: 18
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    also that talent buffs his ult charge rate, so that might be why it charged faster

  7. #7
    Member Viscount DaddyOoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Another Planet
    Posts
    475
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,434, Level: 21
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    also that talent buffs his ult charge rate, so that might be why it charged faster
    That's why I used that talent for my test. The Talus that was destroying us was not. He still was living in our spawn.
    I don't know how he was ulting so often. He didn't have Morale Boost either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •