Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Seris cards and talents suggestions.

  1. #1
    Beta Player Recruit TTraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,101, Level: 18
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

    Lightbulb Seris cards and talents suggestions.

    Goal: To even out the discrepancy between talents and make her bad/uninteresting cards worth taking.
    Note: I don't touch any cards that I consider "good", and base kit changes are purely for helping her talents.

    ---
    Talents

    Mortal Reach
    - Increase range of Restore Soul by 300% and duration by {1} → {0.5} second.

    Comment: The half of the bonus healing I removed moves to base kit, allowing for more talent possibilities. I still would expect MR to be used, but now only for maps with long sightlines, making it more situational, as you would expect from a talent.

    Soul Collector
    - Each Soul Charge you detonate increases your Maximum Health and Weapon Damage by {2} → {3}% until you die. Stacks up to {15} → {10} times.

    Comment: This allows the talent to become much more consistent in its value without affecting maximum potential of the talent, allowing you to gain benefits even against shield heavy/no tank compositions.

    Agony
    - Rend Soul now applies a {1.5} → {1}s stun to the victim when they are afflicted with {4} → {at least 3} Soul Charges.

    Comment: The idea behind these changes is to make it less of a "noobstomper" talent, as people often ignore Seris orbs at those low skill levels. Thanks to stun duration reduction, lower tiers will have less time to react to otherwise "easy" stun (while that change barely affects higher tiers). Meanwhile more competent players will gain more opportunities for the stun from
    otherwise almost impossible requirements (getting hit 4 times from a distance by Seris, in higher tiers, just doesn't happen).

    ---
    Base kit

    Restore Soul
    - Duration increased {1.5} → {2}s.

    Comment: As mentioned above, this change moves healing power from Mortal Reach to even out talents. This grants ąbout 667 additional healing at base.

    Convergence
    - Crowd Control reduction now caps at 50%.

    Comment: One of downsides of Agony talent is that, after people bring resilence, your ult becomes pretty much worthless. This makes this counter argument of picking this talent much more irrelevant. Every other CC-based ultimate has this CC reduction cap, I think Seris' should too. It makes sense and helps Agony a lot.

    ---
    Cards
    Dark Sight
    - OLD EFFECT: Activating Rend Soul restores {2|2} ammunition.
    - NEW EFFECT: Your Soul Charges last {1|1}s longer.

    Comment: I've wanted to adress the problem of useless ammo cards. Seris has giant magazine size, and one of the shortest reloads in the game. She has this card, card that gives her 6 ammo after heal just on lvl 1, max ammo card, and a reload card. All of these are pretty much low value, and don't synergize with each other. This card would greatly synergize with everything in her kit, allowing her to stack Soul Charges more easily, allow for longer boost from a singe Umbrait Gait proc, etc. Very synergistic option that would tie all of her cards together.


    Dusk Walker
    - OLD EFFECT: Reduce the Cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.5|0.5}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Activating Restore Soul reduces the cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.8|0.8}s..

    Comment: I've moved Fade to Black card here, as it frees slot on her healing cards for something more important. It gives more reduction of CD at base, can proc multiple times per cooldown because it's tied to her heal, and doesn't affect Chronos, and thus is the superior alternative.

    Ebon Dynamo
    - OLD EFFECT: Increase your Ammo count by {2|2}.
    - NEW EFFECT: Soul Orbs deal {4|4}% more damage for each subsequent target hit after the first.

    Comment: This card would allow Seris to boost her AoE dmg potential slightly without giving her an edge over her 1v1 fights. At lvl 5 the fifth target takes 180% of the normal dmg, taking 378 dmg with no SC and 496 dmg with SC. Would only happen rarely however, as it requires to hit 5 people with one orb.

    Essence Rip
    - OLD EFFECT: Rend Soul heals you for {8|8}% more.
    - NEW EFFECT: Gain {8|8}% increased healing while casting Rend Soul.

    Comment: This allows otherwise useless card give opportunity to counter strong effects of cauterize, justifying the heavy investment of loadout points, while also comboing with a second healer on your team.

    Fade To Black
    - OLD EFFECT: Successful cast of Restore Soul reduces the cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.8|0.8}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Your main target of Restore Soul gains {8|8}% increased movement speed.

    Comment: I've wanted to adress another issue of Seris, and that is lack of base kit utilities for her team. This simple but effective card helps allievate the discrepancies between Seris and meta supports.

    Nether Siphon
    - OLD EFFECT: Heal for {50|50} Health every second while in Shadow Travel.
    - NEW EFFECT: Successful cast of Shadow Travel heals you for {150|150} over 3s.

    Comment: This allow for a much more consistent value of an otherwise low priority, weak sustain card.

    Revenant
    - HP increase is now affected by Soul Collector.

    Comment: This gives this card much more specific, synergistic approach.

    Sorceress
    - OLD EFFECT: Gain {7|7}% Reload Speed.
    - NEW EFFECT: Your Soul Orbs gain {20|20}% increased projectile speed.

    Comment: Reworking this useless card into a speed increasing card would be a godsend for Seris, helping her gain much more consistent value on long range maps.

    Wickedness
    - OLD EFFECT: Reduce the Cooldown of Rend Soul by {0.5|0.5}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Each Soul Charge you detonate reduces cooldown of Rend Soul by {0.12|0.12}s.

    Comment: This rewards Seris for being more aggressive with bigger CD reduction for as long as she detonates more than 4 charges.

    Rest of the cards is fine.

    ---
    Any thoughts or questions?
    Last edited by TTraw; 07-25-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    420h on Seris and still rising.

    Support: Seris(136) and Furia

    Tank: Fernando and Barik.

    Flank: Talus and Evie

    Damage: No. Well, maybe Imani.

  2. #2
    Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Deep in the abyss
    Posts
    853
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,423, Level: 52
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I think you should write the reasons of the suggested changes, because the developers can not do anything with some wishes. If you would have argument, I could arguing with them, but now I can just say my opinion about yours suggestions.

    I agree with Nether Siphon, Revenant and Sorceress changes.
    I don't know why you suggest to nerf Mortal Reach, while its pretty balanced. Why Suggest to buff Soul Collector, what it's OK too and nerf (it's a nerf) Agony, what is totaly counterable by buy Resillance.
    Cauterize and reveal effects from the cards have been removed for a realy good reason, so ask for bring it back would be useless. I only use Shadow Travel for 1 or max 2s, because you are useless while using it. Increase its duration would be useless. And it could give unfair capture opportunity. The new bonus for Ebon Dynamo is intresting but I would rather add it to Dark Sight, what is weak now, we dont need more type of ammo generation and reveal shouldn't added for it. Essence Rip needs just a buff, not a rework, its casting time is too short for be useful to extend its bonus to the ally heals. Your Wickedness suggestion is intresting, it's clearly a buff for it. But I think its good as it is now.


    I write here my ideas too. I can't prescind from my Cauterize vs Supporters suggestion what contains Cauterize nerf and supporters' heal nerf by remove their boring heal buffer cards. It's reasons are in the suggestion.
    These are from that thread for the mentioned reasons:
    -Soul Forge: The healing channel deals {20|10} damage per 0.1s to the enemies who are touching it.
    -Reduce the cd of Restore Soul from 4s to 3s.
    The new Soul Forge would be such a unique card in the game!
    I would also add your those 4 suggestions what you wrote that I agree (the projectile speed buff was mine :P )
    The Veil - Dark Wishper comb is OP, but she needs it for be a viable healer, so I would add some of them into her base kit and nerf these cards:
    Veil: reduce its scaling to {10|10}%
    Dark Whisper: reduce its scaling to {15|15}%
    Shadow Travel: reduce the basic cast time from 1.5s to 1.2s and add a basic 20% movement speed bonus.
    So Shadow Travel would be good without card for buff it, but those cards wouldn't be too important and too effective.
    Umbral Gait: It's too ez to get this card's speed bonus so I suggest to increase its requirement to 2 charges.
    Spirit Leech generates way too much ammo, it should generate {2|2} per Restore Soul activization.
    Bane: It has an agressive name and avatar but it helps to heal. Why??? I've got a cool idea what fits to its style: Enemies effected by Rend Soul recieve {0.4|0.4}s increasing on all of their active cooldowns.
    Dusk Walker: It's realy weak, compared by Fade to Black, what gives more cd reduction and more often, so double its bonus.
    Essence Rip: Rend Soul has enaugh selfheal when Seris isn't effected by caut, so most of the times its useless. When she is effected, it's help isn't enaugh. I suggest to increase its bonus to {12|12}%.
    Agony: I would like to make it more agressive and less counterable so change its bonus: Reduce the stun duration to 1s and double the damage of Rend Soul.

    I know that these are many changes, but Seris' card kit is realy unbalanced.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-14-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

  3. #3
    Beta Player Recruit TTraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,101, Level: 18
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    I think you should write the reasons of the suggested changes, because the developers can not do anything with some wishes. If you would have argument, I could arguing with them, but now I can just say my opinion about yours suggestions.
    Good idea. I will add them soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    I don't know why you suggest to nerf Mortal Reach, while its pretty balanced. Why Suggest to buff Soul Collector, what it's OK too and nerf (it's a nerf) Agony, what is totaly counterable by buy Resillance.
    I did not nerf Mortal Reach. I moved half of the bonus healing to base kit, making Mortal Reach exactly same, allowing her to be a better healer outside of MR. In my vision for this talent, I always expected it to be used purely for its range increase. However, that was never the case. This talent is arguably highest healing increasing talent in the game, as a result, turned into a must pick everytime in a competetive scene.

    This change will not suddenly turn MR into trash tier. It would still be used, but mainly only for long range, open sightlines maps where other talents simply suffer. But it would open more talents possibilities, which is complimented by a small but effective SC buff that does not affect potential of the talent, but allows Seris to gain much more consistent value out of it.

    Agony change is a giant buff. This talent is a noobstomper, proving only worthwhile against uncoordinated teams that enjoy taking dmg. But at higher tiers, noone with half a brain gets hit by slow moving projectiles 4 times. Against competent opponets, I often proc max 2 or 3 stuns that bring serious value whole match. Arguably, the only times you proc these is when you 1v1 a flank or after your ult. Which brings you to question why you didn't use SC instead, as it will help you with those AND give you additional sustain against long range damage, dueling tanks, giving space etc.

    To help this talent I asked myself: "How do I buff a noobstomper talent without breaking lower tiers?" and found this solution. Lower tier players will have harder time abusing the stun. Meanwhile the reduced stun duration is almost irrelevant for high tier players who tend to capitalize out of stuns quickly anyway. This allowed me to reduce the amount of stacks required, and hopefully giving higher tiers more opportunities from this legendary, which also, by the way, combines well with Sorceress.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Cauterize and reveal effects from the cards have been removed for a realy good reason, so ask for bring it back would be useless. I only use Shadow Travel for 1 or max 2s, because you are useless while using it. Increase its duration would be useless. And it could give unfair capture opportunity. The new bonus for Ebon Dynamo is intresting but I would rather add it to Dark Sight, what is weak now, we dont need more type of ammo generation and reveal shouldn't added for it.
    I felt like some kind of card based utility is what she needs as a support, and short but effective reveal is exactly what would you expect from someone who is an oracle and talks about Sight Beyond Sight upon entering the match. I am aware this card existed before, although in much shorter, Seris-only version. Considering that Tyra kept her reveal card untouched, I don't see why they can't bring a fitting utility to a card.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Essence Rip needs just a buff, not a rework, its casting time is too short for be useful to extend its bonus to the ally heals.
    This "rework" basically allows this useless card at least counter cauterise (I am not sure if you realized this way it would counter caut), giving it the buff it always needed.

    As I said, I find other of her cards balanced/fine. Also I love my bane card, dont change it, especially for something such unfun a concept of giving CD.
    420h on Seris and still rising.

    Support: Seris(136) and Furia

    Tank: Fernando and Barik.

    Flank: Talus and Evie

    Damage: No. Well, maybe Imani.

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator Grand Prince Peinzius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dead Inside
    Posts
    2,856
    Level
    94
    Points: 23,835, Level: 94
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Tagger First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by TTraw View Post
    Dark Sight
    - OLD EFFECT: Activating Rend Soul restores {2|2} ammunition.
    - NEW EFFECT: Activating Rend Soul reveals affected enemies to you and your allies for {3|0.5}s.

    Comment: I've wanted to give Seris an opportunity to gain additional utility from her cards while also adressing the problem of useless ammo cards. Seris has giant magazine size, and one of the shortest reloads in the game. She has this card, card that gives her 6 ammo after heal just on lvl 1, max ammo card, and a reload card. All of these are pretty much low value, and don't synergize with each other. Restoring Dark Sight card back to what it was before, but making it last longer at start, and be a party-wide reveal, would give Seris so much needed base kit utility while being very fitting to her "Oracle" concept.
    I agree with Kicsit, adding in more reveals isn't a great idea. They are one of the most annoying mechanics in the game, with many people already feeling as though we have too many from Vivian, Tyra, Strix and to a lesser extent, Cassie. There's a reason they were removed from cards, it's because they were too frustrating to play against and too easy to gain value from.
    *Disclaimer*: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

    Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the forum's Code of Conduct.

    Need technical or account help? Submit a support ticket!


    "I take super hot showers because I like to practice burning in hell."

  5. #5
    Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Deep in the abyss
    Posts
    853
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,423, Level: 52
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Restore Soul now heals 2000 over 1.5s. If its duration was be 2s the heal would be 2000*2/1.5=2667 heals. It's so strange. Increase the base heal duration would buff her attacker talents. I think the these talents don't need heal buff: Soul Collector is good as it is, Agony needs some agressive buffs, what can not be countered by Resillance, not more heals.

    Tyra's reveal buffer card can exist, because the skill basicly has reveal. Those cards have been removed from the game what gives revaeal while the skill had not this.

    Collect a 4th charge isn't that big deal for worth to lose the 33% of the talent's bonus. I like that its a hard requirement / high bonus talent. It needs 4 stacks because it is the max stacks It's simple, what is good. But It's hard to collect many soul charges and these deal low dmg, I think a dmg bonus would make the collection more rewading.

    Essence Rip's heal buff is basicly counters cauterize becasue it's a heal BUFFER card. The buffs are add up with the nerfs not multiplying, this is why all of the heal buffer things (e.g. Rejuvenate) re not counterable by cauterize. You can read about it in the page of the 'dimishing returns' math system of Paladins.

    I suggested to rework Bane bec of the Cauterize vs Supporter's thread: remove the heal cd reducer cards. CD increasing would be similar to the criple: you can't use skills for a while. It wouldn't be counterable by resillance and doesn't concern only about the movement skills. But it wouldn't effect to the skills what aren't on CD.
    Thanks for reading my post!

  6. #6
    Beta Player Recruit TTraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,101, Level: 18
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    I agree with Kicsit, adding in more reveals isn't a great idea. They are one of the most annoying mechanics in the game, with many people already feeling as though we have too many from Vivian, Tyra, Strix and to a lesser extent, Cassie. There's a reason they were removed from cards, it's because they were too frustrating to play against and too easy to gain value from.
    Hmmmm. Would you say the suggested state of the card is too much? I figured its short duration combined with cooldown won't feel too oppressive. Are the numbers salvageable or should I figure out a different effect for this card?

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Restore Soul now heals 2000 over 1.5s. If its duration was be 2s the heal would be 2000*2/1.5=2667 heals. It's so strange.
    It's not strange if it's balanced. If that bothers you too much, let's make it 2500 heal over 2 second, with mortal reach adding 625 additional healing with that 0.5 sec bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Increase the base heal duration would buff her attacker talents. I think the these talents don't need heal buff: Soul Collector is good as it is.
    Considering that Mortal Reach has about 88% pickrate in competetive, I am confident both Agony and SC need buffs. I gave SC one that doesn't affect its potential, but helps against unfavourable team compositions. And a big one to agony as I find it garbage.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Tyra's reveal buffer card can exist, because the skill basicly has reveal. Those cards have been removed from the game what gives revaeal while the skill had not this.
    I find this card more fair than Tyra's one to be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Collect a 4th charge isn't that big deal for worth to lose the 33% of the talent's bonus. I like that its a hard requirement / high bonus talent. It needs 4 stacks because it is the max stacks It's simple, what is good. But It's hard to collect many soul charges and these deal low dmg, I think a dmg bonus would make the collection more rewading.
    Wrong on so many levels. You just can't hit distant person 4 times with current Seris at higher tiers, which is why Agony is so garbage, while also stomping lower tiers who like to eat her balls like no tommorow. It's just too difficult to do so against competent enemies. Even Vex30 said that he can't really make use of this talent with its absurd requirements. You CAN stun flank or people pulled in you ult with it, but why didn't you pick SC instead for those situations...

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Essence Rip's heal buff is basicly counters cauterize becasue it's a heal BUFFER card. The buffs are add up with the nerfs not multiplying, this is why all of the heal buffer things (e.g. Rejuvenate) re not counterable by cauterize. You can read about it in the page of the 'dimishing returns' math system of Paladins.
    I am not sure if you agree with my change suggestion on this card or not.... nor do I know what you wanted to say here.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    I suggested to rework Bane bec of the Cauterize vs Supporter's thread: remove the heal cd reducer cards. CD increasing would be similar to the criple: you can't use skills for a while. It wouldn't be counterable by resillance and doesn't concern only about the movement skills. But it wouldn't effect to the skills what aren't on CD.
    This is like the worst idea ever, honestly. Disable abilities just like Torvald's Silence effect except you can't buy resilence for it, and you can active it at any given time? Annoying as hell and has zero counterplay. Even slow effect would be just better.
    420h on Seris and still rising.

    Support: Seris(136) and Furia

    Tank: Fernando and Barik.

    Flank: Talus and Evie

    Damage: No. Well, maybe Imani.

  7. #7
    Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Deep in the abyss
    Posts
    853
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,423, Level: 52
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Soul Collector has clearly better win rate than Mortal reach (thebettermeta.com). The heal range buff is useless on the smaller maps and the 1.5s duration is enaugh in many situations.
    I use ONLY Soul Collector. My Seris stats in the season2:
    64% winrate, 3KDA. (paladins.guru)

    Tyra's is annoying too, but at least doesn't make more reveals just longers.

    If you wanna buff Agony (what realy needs buff) just suggest to reduce the requirement, but don't nerf its stun duration!

    Essence Rip already counter's cauterize. It's still weak.

    You could counter Bane by don't face with Seris with skill's on CD. It could increase only those skills cd what are on cd. The counter play is you use skills after her Rend Soul. Maybe a lower, {0.3|0.3}s scaling would be more balanced, increase the effect's requirement to 2 charges
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-14-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

  8. #8
    Beta Player Recruit TTraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,101, Level: 18
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Soul Collector has clearly better win rate than Mortal reach (thebettermeta.com).
    By a minimal amount. And that's only because Mortal Reach is the first talent you obtain in the game. Many inexperienced Seris players pick this talent, and, obviously, fail more since they're newish to the character. Meanwhile Soul Collector is often used by more experienced Seris players or by people who realize that on a shorter map, against a shield light compositions (like ruckus + inara + immobile targets that are easy to stack) soul collector can provide same or better value.

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    The heal range buff is useless on the smaller maps and the 1.5s duration is enaugh in many situations.
    Which is exactly why we I want to move healing increase since it's the main reason it's used, giving you a general purpose boost instead of a niche talent, which is what I expect talent that increases range to be: a situational value (in this case, a must pick on longer maps instead of a must pick everywhere)

    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Tyra's is annoying too, but at least doesn't make more reveals just longers.
    I just felt like this card would be the perfect opportunity to give Seris utility that makes sense to her character. Back to drawing board on this one I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    If you wanna buff Agony (what realy needs buff) just suggest to reduce the requirement, but don't nerf its stun duration!
    Straight out buffing agony with 1 less stack required with no compensation will destroy lower ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Essence Rip already counter's cauterize. It's still weak.
    It does NOT counter cauterize.
    If you detonate 4 stacks with maxed Essence Rip in current state, you get 84% of your hp back with no caut.
    Cauterize 3 brings it down to 8.4% (just tested it few minutes ago).

    However my version of Essence Rip is a different story.
    If you detonate 4 stacks with maxed Essence Rip in suggested form, you get 81% of your hp back with no caut.
    Now, since its increased healing stat, it actually reduces the value of cauterize first and then the heal is affected.
    Meaning with caut 3, you get 90-35 = 55 % healing less of orginal value (60% of your health).
    Cauterize 3 brings it down only to 27%.

    As a bonus, any healing gained by other characters is also increased.


    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    You could counter Bane by don't face with Seris with skill's on CD. It could increase only those skills cd what are on cd. The counter play is you use skills after her Rend Soul. Maybe a lower, {0.3|0.3}s scaling would be more balanced, increase the effect's requirement to 2 charges
    I still find the mechanic rather annoying and not well thought out. Something that is a talent, maybe, but for a card it's just too valuable and complicated.
    420h on Seris and still rising.

    Support: Seris(136) and Furia

    Tank: Fernando and Barik.

    Flank: Talus and Evie

    Damage: No. Well, maybe Imani.

  9. #9
    Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Deep in the abyss
    Posts
    853
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,423, Level: 52
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TTraw View Post
    Straight out buffing agony with 1 less stack required with no compensation will destroy lower ranks.
    It won't. There are much higher scaled balance changes in Paladins. E.g. Drogoz's Jets sucked and they buffed its bonus from 40% to 65%. And it still sucked. Grover's Chopper card's bonus has been doubled not a long time ago.

    Decrease the requirement from 4 to 3 charges would be a huge buff, but it still wouldn't be OP, because Agony sucks now.

    If they cared about lower rank teirs, Cardio wouldn't be buffed, while noobs don't know about Cauterize. Becasue Cardio is realy good even against cauterize. The case of the lower tier players isn't an aspect, because they won't use the obvious counter plays, even if it exists.
    Thanks for reading my post!

  10. #10
    Beta Player Recruit TTraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    19
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,101, Level: 18
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    So I've been thinking about some of the suggestions in the thread, especially the reveal card, and here's what I came up with:

    Dark Sight
    - OLD EFFECT: Activating Rend Soul restores {2|2} ammunition.
    - NEW EFFECT: Your Soul Charges last {1|1}s longer.

    Basically moving the Ebon Dynamo card as it still fits here, allowing for something else entirely for her base kit card.

    Dusk Walker
    - OLD EFFECT: Reduce the Cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.5|0.5}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Successful cast of Restore Soul reduces the cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.8|0.8}s.

    I just moved her fade to black card to give her utility in base kit, I agree that the duration card was quite useless.

    Ebon Dynamo
    - OLD EFFECT: Increase your Ammo count by {2|2}.
    - NEW EFFECT: Soul Orbs deal {4|4}% more damage for each subsequent target hit after the first.

    Basically a weaker Fernando's Scorch talent for Seris. It doesn't increase her 1v1 potential, but let's her do additional AoE dmg. At lvl 5 the fifth target takes 180% of the normal dmg, taking 378 dmg with no SC and 496 dmg with SC. Would only happen rarely tho as it requires to hit 5 people with one orb.

    Essence Rip
    - OLD EFFECT: Rend Soul heals you for {8|8}% more.
    - NEW EFFECT: Gain {8|8}% increased healing while casting Rend Soul.

    I buffed it a little, just to make caut lvl 3 do exactly 50% healing reduction.

    Fade To Black
    - OLD EFFECT: Successful cast of Restore Soul reduces the cooldown of Shadow Travel by {0.8|0.8}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Your main target of Restore Soul gains {8|8}% increased movement speed.

    Here's the utility card that Seris needed.

    Wickedness
    - OLD EFFECT: Reduce the Cooldown of Rend Soul by {0.5|0.5}s.
    - NEW EFFECT: Each Soul Charge you detonate reduces cooldown of Rend Soul by {0.12|0.12}s.

    I nerfed it because I did some math and previously, with chronos 3 she could have rend soul every 4 seconds if she detonates 4 stacks. It is still good, but not as overbearing.

    Thoughts?
    420h on Seris and still rising.

    Support: Seris(136) and Furia

    Tank: Fernando and Barik.

    Flank: Talus and Evie

    Damage: No. Well, maybe Imani.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •