Thread: Cauterize vs Wrecker

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Lightbulb Cauterize vs Wrecker

These are the hardest counter items in the Attack Item category. But cauterize is much more often used and much more important and much more efficient too. I explain why: Wrecker gives a dmg bonus to the base dmg. The base dmg has dmg fall off in many cases. This time the dmg bonus of the wrecker suffers reduction as well. Because it multiplys a smaller number. But Cauterize doesn't get any reduction! damage fall of does not affects to the bonus of cauterize, this is why cauterize users shoots the enemies from realy high distances too, when they can not deal any reasonable damge: the cauterize affect is why we attck this time. The damage has fall off, it doesn't counts. We need the heal reduction. It make some crazy sutiatius when e.g. a buck snipes the enmies with 30dmg per shot. I think the burning affect of cauterize should also reduced by the damage fall off: it would be logical and it would balance this OP item as well.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Balance Feedback.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Not a bad idea..

How would the cauterize effect actually be reduced? Time or % healing reduction or?
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 07-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Not a bad idea..

How would the cauterize effect actually be reduced? Time or % healing reduction or?
    I thought to the healing reduction.
    Time nerf would hurt the low fire rate champions and make the burst heals luck dependent: is the 90% caut over or not. 10 times bigger heals or not. It wouldn't be about skill, just random.

Maybe this idea could replace my last Cauterize nerf idea in the post Cauterize vs Supporters, becasue it could unmake the ridiculous low dmg far shots, what's only reason is affect the full cauterize to the enemy. Or all of them would be added, because this affect reducing in range would be much lower than the scaling nerf and wouldn't change the things on close range. Cauterize is much more over popluar than a low nerf would be enaugh.
    It would fits to the line: hugh range, lower dmg, lower bulldozer bonus, lower wrecker bonus, lower cauterize bonus.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-12-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    But Cauterize doesn't get any reduction! damage fall of does not affects to the bonus of cauterize, this is why cauterize users shoots the enemies from realy high distances too, when they can not deal any reasonable damge:
    Cauterize is reduced by rejuvenate. Also wrecker increases the damage against shields while cauterize doesn't increase the damage against HP.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Cauterize is reduced by rejuvenate.
    The high heal numbers also rise Rejuvenate above average, bec reju is based on the heals. Nerf the heals would fix reju too.

Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Also wrecker increases the damage against shields while cauterize doesn't increase the damage against HP.
    Why should it increase the dmg? It has a better bonus.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    These are the hardest counter items in the Attack Item category. But cauterize is much more often used and much more important and much more efficient too. I explain why: Wrecker gives a dmg bonus to the base dmg. The base dmg has dmg fall off in many cases. This time the dmg bonus of the wrecker suffers reduction as well. Because it multiplys a smaller number. But Cauterize doesn't get any reduction! damage fall of does not affects to the bonus of cauterize, this is why cauterize users shoots the enemies from realy high distances too, when they can not deal any reasonable damge: the cauterize affect is why we attck this time. The damage has fall off, it doesn't counts. We need the heal reduction. It make some crazy sutiatius when e.g. a buck snipes the enmies with 30dmg per shot. I think the burning affect of cauterize should also reduced by the damage fall off: it would be logical and it would balance this OP item as well.
    It would encourage people to stay back and poke , allowing them to be healed more effectively,

mobility champs would be stronger,

and you would have to include a % shower for caut so you know when to heal through caut
    (I think this should be an addition regardless.)

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    It would encourage people to stay back and poke , allowing them to be healed more effectively
    I don't think that there will be more heals, because of I suggested to remove all of the heal buffer cards (what healers almost always use):
    E.g.: Seris heal cd would rise up from 1.5s to 3s. Grover's healing wouldn't have the 50% increased radius, so it's area would be just the 44% of the current (1.5^(-2)).
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-17-2019 at 05:31 AM.