Thread: Why does Sha Lin exist in the game if you can just pick Strix?

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Why does Sha Lin exist in the game if you can just pick Strix?

I don't see why one would pick Sha over Strix. Let's compare them:

Health: 2000 vs 2100

Damage: Sha only deals a 1000 per shot vs Strix 1200 per shot. Sha's fire rate is one shot every 1.5 seconds (with Recurve one shot every 1.275 seconds), while Strix can technically shoot every second, but you have to scope after every shot so it takes a bit longer, so it's approximately the same fire rate while Strix has more damage per shot. Sha's weapon is a projectile which can't headshot (and has travel time, so it's harder to hit), while Strix' weapon is hitscan and can headshot.

Stealth: Sha's stealth abilities are predictable (he always jumps back when he uses withdraw, so you can track him, especially if you have some blast damage), and Withdraw only lasts 2 seconds. His ult has a loud sound cue, so you can hear where he is and track him, especially with blast damage. Strix is way more flexible with his stealth, he can enter it when he wants, he can restore his stealth energy, he can get movement speed in stealth, and he can decide when he goes out of it.

Close range: Strix can pretty much burst down any flanker easily, and his ultimate can also win him the 1v1 if he messes up. Of course Sha has his Stun + Planted combo but Planted has a long cooldown, he is stationary so it's easy to burst him down (if other enemies are around), and it only stuns if they hit a wall, so the stun isn't guaranteed.

The only small advantages that Sha has is that he doesn't have to reload and that he can move around the map faster (with Wanderlust and Poise and if he picks up Nimble he is really fast). but I don't think this can compensate all the other disadvantages

I don't wanna say Sha is bad, but I feel like there is literally no reason to pick him over Strix.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Yes, Strix is better. This is why I suggested to buff Sha in my thread.
    There's no reason why don't use Wanderlust on lvl5, its OP as it is. I would add 10% speed bonus into his base kit and nerf Wanderlust's scaling to 3%/lvl. So it wouldn't be an obligatory pick. Impaler Arrow needs a knock back buff, because its realy hard to stan enemies, the enemy has to be realy close to a barrier for stun it. For compensate the talent what has no stun, reduce the damage fall off of Explosive Arrow. I think Strix' dmg just beats Sha Lin's, because Sha can do burst only when he has Planted and he also losts his mobility while using it, but strix has quick scope and pistols all the time. This is why I suggested to buff Sha Lin's dmg from 1000 to 1100.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    strix is just way broken than sha lin cause sha lin was out as a 2nd sniper when strix was out all of his quickscope are way broken

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    damn I didn't realize that strix winrate came up from the abyss of paladins

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    damn I didn't realize that strix winrate came up from the abyss of paladins
    Especially on low rank (played with every map and team composition) it's surprising he is still so effective.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Especially on low rank (played with every map and team composition) it's surprising he is still so effective.
    first strix shouldn't be able to no scope xD then the combo shot + flare kills any damage or flank in less than a sec, don't even have time to react, sometimes i'm there I die and I wonder what happened

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I just wish the hip fire on his Sniper Rifle did not follow the same logic as CoD and CS style snipers.

I agree that it should not be pin point accurate in cqc, but it does need to show some radial chance zone where the sniper round may go, instead of it firing off anywhere on the screen.

To nerf his sniper damage in order to create an increase in its chance to hit while hip fired would be a nice change to make strx rifle on the same power scale as sha's bow.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    sha lin and kinessa need time to charge at max dmg while strix can quick scope to get max in just a 0.5s to do

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    At least the bug fix dumbed him down a little. It actually has a big effect. You have some window time now when he is switching his weapon. Makes that card that makes him switch between weapons a must.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    At least the bug fix dumbed him down a little. It actually has a big effect. You have some window time now when he is switching his weapon. Makes that card that makes him switch between weapons a must.
    or better yet doont make strix fire when his on a scope animation to break the sniping animation