Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seris Veil Card

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by marantzz View Post
    I don't think veil is op, it helps seris have more survavility (unless an enemy chases you down, so you also need dark whisper). Also, using your experience as an argument doesn't mean much. Of course, experience helps know a character and their mechanics, but it doesn't mean you know it well or that you are right about what you say
    Viel saves Seris all the time realy easily. Every good player uses this card. It can prevent to get thousands of damages when you are attacked before you change dimension with Shadow Travel.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Veil alone doesn't do much, if you combine it with shadow travel it's another thing that allows seris to have more survavility, but veil alone only gives you a few seconds of survavility until you go back to normal and that enemy that was chasing you kills you. I don't think it needs to be buffed like op suggested but I don't think it needs a nerf either

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Some players uses Veil combinated by Umbral Gait what also gives you the speed bonus until the Soul Charges are active.
    I also find Dark Whisper better. Veil3 and Dark Whisper3 needs just 6 loadout points but helps more than her Hp card (Revenant) on the double level, on lvl12 (if it would even possible). Those two cards are gives insane effective survibility to Seris by buff Shadow Travel too much. Shadow Travel without those cards are just a simple escape skill, under the average. But that card combo makes it realy-realy good and easy to use.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Veil is the most OP card in her kit, it needs a hard nerf. And you need reflex.
    Literally everybody uses this card. Veil and Soul Forge are must picks, and Fade to Back or Umbral Gait are also needed for speed.
    Veil lvl3 literally saves Seris' life all the time when Shadow Travel isn't on cooldown.
    I played 250 hours as Seris, I know what I'm writing about.
    (My Seris in Season2 has: 63.8% winrate, 2.99 KDA)
    You are right about Veil. Its pretty strong and needs a nerf. Its a good combo with other speed cards but broken with Dark Whisperer. Veil needs a nerf but Dark Whisperer should be untouched cuz it can help you occasionally flank someone. And if u use agony, u can combo the stun with the ult and do a full team wipe(excluding tanks) which is worth a total of 2290 dmg(each player).

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Some players uses Veil combinated by Umbral Gait what also gives you the speed bonus until the Soul Charges are active.
    I also find Dark Whisper better. Veil3 and Dark Whisper3 needs just 6 loadout points but helps more than her Hp card (Revenant) on the double level, on lvl12 (if it would even possible). Those two cards are gives insane effective survibility to Seris by buff Shadow Travel too much. Shadow Travel without those cards are just a simple escape skill, under the average. But that card combo makes it realy-realy good and easy to use.
    I agree that it is an easy to use ability and that card combo helps. I want to create a couple more loadouts with the other speed cards to see how they are (e.g.: umbral gait)

Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    And if u use agony, u can combo the stun with the ult and do a full team wipe(excluding tanks) which is worth a total of 2290 dmg(each player).
    This can easily be countered with resilience

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I'm no expert... I'm just in gold tier and this works reasonable for me at the moment when I intend to be the healer.

Soul Forge (5)
    Veil (4)
    Blood Pact (3)
    Umbral Gait (2)
    Spirit Leech (1)

I'll add on nimble if I'm having excessive flank problems.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    I'm no expert... I'm just in gold tier and this works reasonable for me at the moment when I intend to be the healer.

Soul Forge (5)
    Veil (4)
    Blood Pact (3)
    Umbral Gait (2)
    Spirit Leech (1)

I'll add on nimble if I'm having excessive flank problems.
    Don't forget about the dimishing returns! The spee bonus of Umbarl Gait and Nimble will be weaken eachother.

Anyways I use:
    Soul Forge (5)
    Veil (3)
    Dark Wishper (3)
    Blood Packt (3)
    Spirit Leech (1)
    with Soul Collector

Just don't forget to get soul charges and detonate them when you aren't under caut effect

Writing about her OP combo isn't means that she needs a nerf without any compensate! Because she isn't OP, just this OP combo can keep her in the balanced status. If it get a nerf it will need a buff too. E.g. add some bonus into her base kit as I already suggested or/and increase the dmg of Rend Soul. Soul Forge is OP as well.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-12-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: misspelling

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    This can easily be countered with resilience
    That entirely depends on your playstyle. I personally focus on nothing but healing and pick up on low players that survive getting dived by your flanker or are pretty low by spamming orbs with predictive aiming from long range. I never go aggressive and I mostly use stuns on tanks and only use it to save teammates from death. I consider agony as a support talent rather than dmg talent. So I never get players maxing on resilience becuz of my weird playstyle. You should consider trying this type of playstyle and see how it works for you. Ulting full health players isn't always a good idea and resilience won't matter with agony(which is only when u ult). In a way your ult feels like the enemy has resi 1 when they actually have it at lvl 2. The idea is never going aggressive to avoid counters.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    That entirely depends on your playstyle. I personally focus on nothing but healing and pick up on low players that survive getting dived by your flanker or are pretty low by spamming orbs with predictive aiming from long range. I never go aggressive and I mostly use stuns on tanks and only use it to save teammates from death. I consider agony as a support talent rather than dmg talent. So I never get players maxing on resilience becuz of my weird playstyle. You should consider trying this type of playstyle and see how it works for you. Ulting full health players isn't always a good idea and resilience won't matter with agony(which is only when u ult). In a way your ult feels like the enemy has resi 1 when they actually have it at lvl 2. The idea is never going aggressive to avoid counters.
    When I started playing seris I always went agony yet I focused on healing. I have the tendency to play as an aggressive support so I used to try to stun as often as I could to be useful, yet for some reason not many people bought resilience. Maybe I wasn't annoying enough or they didn't even know because it was when I started playing so the enemy team knew as much about the game as me

I feel that if I only use agony for when I ult it would be more useful to go soul collector: more dmg and more hp, allowing a better survavility to myself and therefore better support to the team. It's the impression I am having lately when I play seris

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    When I started playing seris I always went agony yet I focused on healing. I have the tendency to play as an aggressive support so I used to try to stun as often as I could to be useful, yet for some reason not many people bought resilience. Maybe I wasn't annoying enough or they didn't even know because it was when I started playing so the enemy team knew as much about the game as me

I feel that if I only use agony for when I ult it would be more useful to go soul collector: more dmg and more hp, allowing a better survavility to myself and therefore better support to the team. It's the impression I am having lately when I play seris
    When I started playing her, I wanted to level her to get agony so bad becuz to me at that time, it seemed OP. I kept stunning people alot and people started buying resi. Later on, i tried to make a flank only build in a high elo. I actually ended up getting more kills than everyone even when they had resi 2+potg. It was pretty weird and seemed like the ultimate meme card to me while everyone was like NANI?! I was lucky to not get toxic teammates. For Soul collector, it never seemed viable to me until it got buffed. It still felt meh but then i tried to do some math and saw how much tank potential she had by maxing the HP card (revenant) and started using her as an off tank which seemed so dumb. One of the idiots spammed vhs and called me out even tho we had no tank and i was the only one capping the payload. So i kept quiet and was waiting for the moment to get potg which i did, and i got 3 times the teams obj time while having 2nd highest dmg buying wrecker. Then i enjoyed bullying the player by comparing stats(he went DND before i messaged him the 2nd time). The talent can help filling either dmg or tank playstyle which is pretty impressive.
    Anyway back to Agony, its not like you have to only stun when ulting. As an advice... Keep healing, spam LMB at tanks, stun him when he tries to run or the dmg dealer helps killing him(tank getting resilience wont be big deal), save your Q to ruin an enemies ult, never accept a duel you can win if it involves using stuns, use stuns to save a near death player, ult when the tank is not in radius. Theres so much you can do with agony. And if the enemy still buys resi, use ult when your team is there to follow up. Her ult can cover not but nearly 50% of her dmg or even more depending on how fast u charge it and how long the game lasted which is insane. I thought soul collector was bad; i was so wrong:V