Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seris Veil Card

Seris Veil Card

Needs to be 20/40/60/80/100%

I can max this card and still die, SO MANY TIMES, when I cast it even at like 800 hp before death.

Getting sick of it, I'll put fucking 10 points into it if I have to just fix this will you?

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Chill.... It's just a game. There are these little frustrations that almost every champion has. You will get used to them as you get more practice. Some of these things are there to keep a skill from being OP. I think this one falls into that category.

800 remaining health is one shot damage output for many champions. Now imagine if just two are shooting at you. Likely you need to shadow out sooner than you realize.

Hopefully you know you can't activate anything while channeling the heal. When under pressure during a heal cycle I have to decide whether to continue the heal to save somebody or cancel it and get out of dodge. Making that extra decision takes time along with the process of doing the extra step before I can shadow. An attacker might wait for me to start a heal cycle just for this reason.

Many people do just fine with the lower points. I use 60% with pretty good success. Sometimes I'm stubborn and wait too long.. oops.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Veil is the most OP card in her kit, it needs a hard nerf. And you need reflex.
    Literally everybody uses this card. Veil and Soul Forge are must picks, and Fade to Back or Umbral Gait are also needed for speed.
    Veil lvl3 literally saves Seris' life all the time when Shadow Travel isn't on cooldown.
    I played 250 hours as Seris, I know what I'm writing about.
    (My Seris in Season2 has: 63.8% winrate, 2.99 KDA)
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-10-2019 at 05:56 PM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    KDA means nothing for supports with the assists being inflated - said that before.

First two blocks are for season 2 for my two accounts - last block is for season 1. 100% WR for Ying - Both were using FL talent - Yeah, I must be a Ying expert. LOL. Not hardly, the enemy teams were trash.

Main account season 2 casual siege WR for Seris is 56.82%. 63.64% WR for my other account. About 7% win rate difference between two accounts. I'm the same player... All this means nothing for one player.

Also, be careful believing Guru. Besides the loss of history from the conversion to the new site there are also missing matches and there may be bugs too.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Yes, Paladins.guru missing matches.

But kda means so much, especially the kill/death ratio. If you have more kills than deaths as a healer you are realy good. When you have a bot or have no tank, you cant realy win, but still can get good kda. Win is depends on your team so much, but your kda not realy (just a little).

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    But kda means so much, especially the kill/death ratio. If you have more kills than deaths as a healer you are realy good. When you have a bot or have no tank, you cant realy win, but still can get good kda.
    If you take assists out of the equation then it has more meaning but still it's not as meaningful as it is for damage and flanks.

A support is supposed to support. What does that mean exactly? IMO, it's doing what's needed by the team to get the job at hand done. This means healing and providing other utility when you can without undue risk to the team's survival.

If I'm healing support which is what I'm usually doing as support in a ranked match, it's common for me to die more than kills yet I healed the crap out of the team. Does that mean I sucked when this happens? Not necessarily. Should I improve my survival skills - absolutely.

If I go for slays and let my team die doing it. That would be my definition of sucking and I would likely get flamed for it - rightfully so.

It's tough to say without watching a particular match whether getting slays, providing damage, other utility or providing healing was more important at any particular time.

Win is depends on your team so much, but your kda not realy (just a little).
    If you are being focused you are going to die a lot more than if your team works well together. Your KDA is going to suffer - probably more than a little.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I personally don't think Seris needs change (nor if we don't start to lower EVERY support healing output and buff them on other aspects). My problem is not even Veil. My problem is that many times I am ALREADY in Shadow Travel, moving away, when I still die for... who knows? Maybe lag compensation? Even kill cam shows I was already in Shadow Travel, with the animation ended, and walking away.
    If OP experienced the same problem, maybe that's the reason he has difficulties in escaping as Seris.

It doesn't happen in every game, it's something as Jenos' ulti, when he says "Step" and you are already dead, without even seeing the light cone. I suppose it's something related to ping, but I have no data about it.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Veil is the most OP card in her kit, it needs a hard nerf. And you need reflex.
    Literally everybody uses this card. Veil and Soul Forge are must picks, and Fade to Back or Umbral Gait are also needed for speed.
    Veil lvl3 literally saves Seris' life all the time when Shadow Travel isn't on cooldown.
    I played 250 hours as Seris, I know what I'm writing about.
    (My Seris in Season2 has: 63.8% winrate, 2.99 KDA)
    I don't think veil is op, it helps seris have more survavility (unless an enemy chases you down, so you also need dark whisper). Also, using your experience as an argument doesn't mean much. Of course, experience helps know a character and their mechanics, but it doesn't mean you know it well or that you are right about what you say

Level
    Achievements:
    Lol, Seris needs balance changes in her card kit, it is the second most unbalanced card kit after Torvald's.
    Soul Forge, Veil and Spirit Leech are OP as hell, while Bane, Dusk Walker and Essence Rip are realy weak.
    Dark Whisper and Umbral Gait are also realy strong, but Sorceress and Dark Sight are under average.

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why do you consider veil op?