Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wekono's Curse

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Arrow Wekono's Curse

Hi!

It's not the first time when I write about this talent, but its realy important!
    I comapre it by Ying's Focusing Lens for explain my arguments. Focusing Lens has been buffed, what is realy good. But it was still much better than Wekono's Curse. Because Focusing Lens had a dmg bonus without sacrifice Ying's healing. But Wekono's Curse consumes his main healing ability, the Mending Spirits. It means that when he deals his dmg by the talent he doesn't able to heal with his main healing skill. It is a huge disadvantage. And he isn't compensated by this scrifice. His new dmg isn't that high, other supporter talent gives the same amount of dmg without lower the heal skills. (e.g. Wekono's Wrath). The statistics are support my arguments:
    Patch 2.05
    Ying's Focusing Lens: 45.6% winrate
    Mal'Damba's Wekono's Curse: 39.1% winrate

You see that Wekono's Curse has twice as much difference from the desirable 50% winrate than Focusing Lens. But only Focusing Lens has been buffed among them. Wekono's Curse deserves an even high buff than Focusing Lens!

I suggest to buff its dmg bonus from 560 to 840 and give back its ability to effect throgh shields.

I know, that this is a realy high buff suggestion but Wekono's Curse needs it. It is one of the weakest talent in the game from a realy long time.

Wekono's Curse's basicly have a hugh downside: allies in front of you can prevent you to Curse enemies. In its current state shields not just prevent you to attack through them, but also prevent to heal through the shields! Dealing damage to shields without Wrecker's dmg bonus is useless, this is why shields makes this talent realy weak until it doesn't get back its old ability to affect through them.

Don't forget about my card balance thread of Mal'damba. Those are still actual!
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-10-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    What? Ying does lose healing. If she didn't people wouldn't be complaining about the use of Resonance and FL talents.

Every talent creates a sacrifice of one thing for another as it should be.

I'm not good/experienced enough with Damba to say much about your suggestions. I will say I have seen impressive damage and healing numbers from decent players.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Poison effects should deal damage based upon a person max remaining HP. The more HP they have remaining, the more damage it provides, gets significantly lower as their HP gets closer to %0.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    What? Ying does lose healing.
    How does she lose heal compared by the basic Ying without any talent? Tell me.
    Damba, who spams Mendig Spirit to the enemies and cant heal the allies with it lose healing compared by the talentless Damba. But how Focusing Lens Ying loses it compared by her base kit? I'm intrested.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Poison effects should deal damage based upon a person max remaining HP. The more HP they have remaining, the more damage it provides, gets significantly lower as their HP gets closer to %0.
    Skye's poison's already have HP% dependent dmg, Wekono's Curse is basicly similar, make it totaly same has no reason and would be boring.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ...why do I even bother trying to type sometimes, if you are not going to read it corrently...

What I stated is that Poison effects should be dependant upon Max "Remaining" HP, not Max HP.

By which I mean should be for withering people on Full HP, and have little effect on targets with low HP remaining. There should be more consistancy between Poison status effects other then just Damage over Time.

To say that is would make for a boring change.... you are praising Focusing Lens here... a non creative shoot shoot talent...

Skyes method of Poison with dibilitate has been debatibly broken asf free damage for a good long time due to how it triggers off Max HP, not "Max Remaining HP", making it a tad skilless, over performing as a noob slayer ability was a low cooldown.

On Mal, if his Poison effects were scaled on Max Remaining HP it would make his Gourd a stronger threat vs Tanks with power healing and characters who can mitigate is damage due to self healing factors.
    It would also allow Wekonos Curse to act as an effective bruise vs a full HP value at long range, without being secure kill vs low HP targets at long range.

Considering there is no counter to the duration of Poison, giving it more damage for the hell of it is just a simple fix that will cause problems, pretty much the same logic to how evil mojo buff their under used talent focusing lens.

Yes focusing lens is a thing, but really inhand attack talents are cancer design. Esp hit scan talents.
    A character with like what 650 damage a shot, fast rate of fire and near constant deployable armour is cancer for a talent, yes it may be strong in slaying numpties, but in creating different style of gameplay, it is just a buff to her base trading skills and a lot of free damage per magazine.
    All the talent provides is shot trading and above average damage supression, at the cost of less healing or position, choke and point denial that resonance provides.

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    How does she lose heal compared by the basic Ying without any talent? Tell me.
    Damba, who spams Mendig Spirit to the enemies and cant heal the allies with it lose healing compared by the talentless Damba. But how Focusing Lens Ying loses it compared by her base kit? I'm intrested.
    You can't play without selecting a talent..... Your OP didn't say base kit now did it? Nothing to say here.

You said she doesn't sacrifice healing by choosing FL. Yes she did. She lost the 800 burst by not choosing LE. Which is what I said. Damba has the same scenario.

Damba, can still heal with Mending Spirits with all talents. It's totally up to the player to choose what to do with it. The ability is STILL available. I don't call that a loss of healing power. To say Damba lost healing power compared to base is false.

The only difference in healing power is Ying loses 800 burst heal by not going LE and Damba loses 300 burst by not going Spirit's Chosen.

Level
    Achievements:
    You can play without talent, watch FrostFangs new video. Its never mind anyway, Focusing Lens doesn't consumes her healing illusions, it doesn't reduces her healing. Life exchange don't belongs to her base kit. You cant pick 2 talents. You don't lose with a talent just by dont pick an other talent. But you lose heals if your talent consumes your main healer skill to deal dmg with it.
    This is why Focusing Lens doesn't decrease her heals (add dmg bonus), but Wekono's Curse decreases it if you use the bonus of the talent (attack with mending spirits).

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    You can play without talent, watch FrostFangs new video. Its never mind anyway, Focusing Lens doesn't consumes her healing illusions, it doesn't reduces her healing. Life exchange don't belongs to her base kit. You cant pick 2 talents. You don't lose with a talent just by dont pick an other talent. But you lose heals if your talent consumes your main healer skill to deal dmg with it.
    This is why Focusing Lens doesn't decrease her heals (add dmg bonus), but Wekono's Curse decreases it if you use the bonus of the talent (attack with mending spirits).
    I'll look for it later - If you have a link....

Yeah, the healing will "possibly" be reduced if the player choses to deal damage. I say possibly because maybe your team wasn't in urgent need of healing when you decided to deal damage.

It's not a guaranteed loss of healing. The Wekono's Curse talent did not make that loss of healing happen, the player did.

The only time you could say there was an actual loss of healing caused by the talent would be if there are allies and enemies grouped up and you can't actually target one over the other because of the chaos.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 07-11-2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: clarify talent

Level
    Achievements:

Level
    Achievements:
    Thanks for the link.

I stand corrected. I can't think of a reason why anyone would do this other than to test the base character.