Thread: Buff Zhin

Member Recruit
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

Buff Zhin

Bring back retaliation please, before it was removed i sent so many messages in regards to that. It was the most unique talent with him and some people mastered it, suddenly they remove it which forces players to change their whole playstyle. Also it was unnecessary to nerf Zhin's billow, considering he's not the strongest character. Bring his original billow back or retaliation please, saying this as a Grandmaster zhin main, why change abilities like Zhin's billow and not nerf Skye's poison bolt damage, or even Lex. When trying to buff or nerf a character, doing a complete rework constantly doesn't help people. It doesn't make sense for a character with a sword to counter 1 time, he should be able to counter for a certain duration, similar to Genji.

He is in the flank category, and only thing he really has to escape is the whirl. What is the point of having an ability to where he is immortal for like a second and can't heal unless using the healing talent.That means you'd literally have to be close to enemies and HAVE to flank, because without yomi it doesn't go really far. Nerfing the billow defeats the whole purpose of the ability, as an escape ability, similar to Reapers from a game called Overwatch. Now the billow card reduces the cooldown of whirl which absolutely makes no sense, if you are using billow to escape why would you want a whirl, and enemies most likely kill you mid whirl because you're low health, that's why you billowed in first place. Retaliation was one of the top talents on the game that made me feel secure on Zhin, and i'm sure many other players. Retaliation could be used 3 different ways, for defense, for offense, and for escape. Now this talent wasn't insanely overpowered, because all players would have to do is stop shooting at it. It could be used when trying to retreat, a defensive tool when players fire at you on low health, and when you and a team are rush attacking. Too bad he can't do that right now, he's nothing compared to higher tier characters with auto aim like Lian and Lex, he has 1 counter too. Zhin is a different character, even 1 thing changed can affect the way a player has to play him, after the right buffs and fixes on Zhin, he should be left alone.
    Last edited by vqfx; 07-16-2019 at 03:08 AM.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I don't know about Retaliation, but I definitely agree on bringing the old Billow and the old Hideout back. He was so fun to play, he had survivability, you could go so deep into the enemy backline without risking to die, he was one of the most fun characters in the game in my opinion.

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    the current Zhin is better now the days of Immortal Zhin are still here but not as prevalent or toxic. They do need to however reduces his lockout times and add more speed to billow in the base kit. The problem rn is that zhin is more balanced but at the same point loses out in terms of mobility when compared to other flanks. The change forces him to use whirl which is meant to be his movement ability, but he is bogged down by internal lockouts between abilities and the slowness of billow without cards.

Adding back in retaliation would be great and I would love to see that the only problem is that cards like his billow reset one on a counter or the increased heal one would have to be scaled back down. Also don't forget that the current retaliation is a projectile they would have to change it back to a melee strike if the talent returned or lower the damage on the countered strike.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Zhin certainly doesn't need the old Billow duration back, it was too much and made him very frustrating and OP to play against. Currently, Zhin needs skill and is punishable for overextending, unlike before. I think maybe a small increase on Billow speed wouldn't be bad, but certainly not the duration. Also don't forget his retaliation was in fact buffed to be an a better to aim projectile.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Meh, I would be fine with the having the talent back with fraction less damage per hit.

The biding time power retaliation brought made Zhin durable and oppressive at holding angles.

I just feel sorry that yomi is a thing that replaced it. I really think amped inhand attack talents are a waste of creative potential in this space and should be a base kit features in some way or another.

With Zhin... his only issue is not being able to hold down trigger to charge up an over head strike without the need of attacking twice first. Cause it just looks stupid in pro play when trying to poke.

The attack combo is a fine mechanic, but to have no access to the third shot until attacking twice is a bit jarring when players use the 3rd shot to initiate a fight for better advantage.

Member Recruit
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    He is in the flank category, and only thing he really has to escape is the whirl. What is the point of having an ability to where he is immortal for like a second and can't heal unless using the healing talent.That means you'd literally have to be close to enemies and HAVE to flank. Nerfing the billow defeats the whole purpose of the ability, as an escape ability, similar to Reapers from a game called Overwatch. Now the billow card reduces the cooldown of whirl which absolutely makes no sense, if you are using billow to escape why would you want a whirl, and enemies most likely kill you mid whirl because you're low health, that's why you billowed in first place.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    They did the wrong nerf to zhin. They should have made his projectiles smaller so he has to aim. Billow is worthless without the talent. He was utter bullshit before so im glade he got nerfed but it was not the right nerf.

Make projectiles drops of fire
    Add base healing on billow
    Add card to increase healing in billow
    Creat new legendary

Member Recruit
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    That'd be interesting and pretty cool, but he's like a melee character much aim shouldn't be required. He should have been left alone before this nerf.

It would be really nice for Zhin to counter with retaliation, sending back projectiles. i agree the damage of each deflected projectile would have to be reduced, and maybe the size. It wouldn't be that hard to play against, people just need to not fire at him.

Making his counter able to send back projectiles was a really good idea. With all the different characters that have rapid fire there isn't much he can do, especially since he can barely escape. You have a Viktor or a Skye that shoots at you, you use your 1 counter, those characters fire at an insane speed they just eat your counter, with more than 1 person shooting at you it gets worse. Not to mention the fact you have to wait for the cool down just for another 1 counter.
    Last edited by Borvik; 07-16-2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the Edit button instead of making multiple posts.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    buff zhin he said never vs a pro zhin who can rekt player like jelly