Thread: Cauterize vs Supporters

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Cauterize vs Supporters

Cauterize is the most popular and most effective item in the most situations. It's a good pick even against a team without supporter! Just because it counters the selfheals realy effectively too.

The high basic ally heals makes the item Veteran pointless for the team mates, because the healer will be heal you to full hp before your self regeneration starts so often.

The other part of the problem is that e.g. damage dealers cant increase their damage with cards, because it would be OP, everybody would use it. But supporters can increase their heals with cards, so these cards are literally always used in their loadouts. If these obligatory cards would be removed from their kit, supporters wouldn't have just an obligatory pick in their loadout, so these would be much more unique, what is the aim. I think these heal cd reducer cards makes the heals too much, these are too important picks, so makes the loadouts easy to make (use this card on high level) so the game would be better if these cards were removed.

I don't want to make the supporters less important and I already explained why Cauterize is OP even not against healers so if both sides were weakened than the total heals wouldn't changed so hard, but Cauterize wouldn't be just an obligatory pick and supporters loadouts would be better, because there neighter would be an obligatory pick.

If the certain supporter has no direct heal cd reduce than I suggest to nerf the card what helps him/her to heal in any ways. If the supporters heal depends on a card too hard than I suggest to reduce its heal base cd by a little for keep the supporter useful.

Reduce Cauterize' bonus from 30%/lvl to 20%/lvl and make the heal system similar to the reload system: 60% would be the new the limit, sinstead of the current 95%.

Replace the cards of the supporters:

Furia:
    -Light Forge: Healing an ally garants {12|12}% damage reducetion for 1s.
    -Reduce Solar Blessing's heal from 300 to 60.

Ghrok:
    -Gale: Enemies has {16|8}% slow in the area of the Healing Totem.
    -Reduce the cd of the Healing totem from 15s to 12s.

Grover:
    -Perennial: Blossom garants {80|80} shield up the 2000.
    -Verdant Expanse: Its area increasing is only increases the area of his passive heal.
    -Adrenaline: Reduce its scaling from {10|10}% to {8|8}%.

Jenos:
    -Retrograde: Astral mark decreases the lowest active cd of the ally by {0.3|0.3}s.
    -Astral Cycle: Astral mark decreases the highest active cd of the ally by {0.4|0.4}s.

Mal'Damba:
    -Eerie Presence: Reduce its bonus from {0.5|0.5}s to {0.3|0.3}s.

Pip:
    -Reload: Heal an ally with Healing Potion garants {8|8}% increased reload speed for 2s.

Seris:
    -Soul Forge: The healing channel deals {20|10} damage per 0.1s to the enemies who are touching it.
    -Reduce the cd of Restore Soul from 4s to 3s.

Ying:
    -Spring Bloom: Reduce its bonus from {0.5|0.5}s to {0.3|0.3}s.
    -Carry On: Reduce its bonus from {1|1}s to {0.6|0.6}s.
    -Reduce Life Exchange's heal from 800 to 500, but it heals Ying (by 500) if it used on an enemy.

Io:
    -Protectors: reduce its bonus from {2|2}% to {2|1}%.

Torvald also acts like a supporter, but heal main help is shielding. This is why his shield cd reducer card is OP. So Timeshaper should be removed. I would replace it by the following card:
    -Savior: Protection grants {6|6}% increased healing to its target for 2s or until the shield exists.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-07-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    And again I can only disagree with this kind of approach. Regarding Furia, your proposition will kill her off as support, and those values are not balanced at all. Also on a lot of supports healing someone equals to be able to self sustain yourself, which is already in many cases garbage after Caut applied, and Furia's self sustain is already bad, but yeah, lets let her heal herself for 10 hps every 4-5 seconds or so. With dps ranging from 1300-1850 on flankers. Sure thing.

No.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Its not an issue about support healing,
    I would rather point my finger at damage classes not possesing enough anti heal capabilities outside of inhand attacks.

You only need caut 1, a weak %30 anti heal tied to an ability like opressor mines, or flare for great impact in game without adding damge, as denying healing hurts just as much.

The fact that it would synergize with the dimishing returns system would aid to shut down heal comps from winning early and lower a tank's ability to stand behind a shield wall and get pumped heals every now and then.

Caut is a big ticket Item, everyone has their own healing factors to consider.
    Not everyone has a shield or deployable.
    Thus it could stand to be 400 credits like chronos.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    which is already in many cases garbage after Caut applied
    Cauterize has been lowered so much. You heal wont be reduced to 5%, but to 40%. 8 times higher heals.
    Anyways Furia got the best self sustain card in my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Its not an issue about support healing
    But theres an issue about Cauterize, what is is OP and always picked, because the game without too many Cauterize would be insane slow bec of the too much heals what healers can do because of the heal buffer cards in the loadouts.
    Supporters have to use some cards on high level so make their loadouts similar, just because Seris needs Soul Forge on high level, Grover needs Verdant Expanse and so on are also problems.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 07-08-2019 at 03:50 AM. Reason: extended
    Thanks for reading my post!