Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the autoban system

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Exclamation the autoban system

Well, I guess this will be moderated fast but anyway since it's one of the things killing the game

long ago people complained about not enough bans
    and now, if more than X people report you in one game, ban, if you get reported too often, ban, and so on

first, the more you play the more chances you have to be banned, second, people report a lot for no reason, then, there is no way to contact hirez about that (tickets only gets you a generic copy pasted answer, and emails won't get you an answer at all)

considering for exemple connection bugs and all, one can get banned just for a bug cuz people reported for afk
    then it's a damn ban, not just like some waiting like in other games (lol apparently has a good system for that)
    banning is a bit extreme for just well leaving a game once or twice or having a crash or something
    I've never seen so many people banned in a game, if i report around 10 random people per day, at least 1 will get banned
    seriously, no warn nothing, first a 24hours ban, then of course the more you have been banned the more chances you have to be banned again

I don't know what you guys think about this system, but it's the main reason I don't want to play paladins anymore

I understand it's a simple system not costing tons of money and it's very convenient for the devs, but seriously if you ban so many players everyday, the game will die by itself

finally, the system is easily abusable (like take a party of 5 all reporting a radom enemy every game, lots of chances that he gets reported at least twice by is teamates for random reasons, so lots of chances he gets banned for maybe nothing)

I am writting this simply because it's something most think is fair and well made simply cause they haven't been touched by random bans yet (I know people insulting everyone everygame who thinks bans are legend...and i know people who haven't done anything wrong who got banned randomly cause bad luck)

so tell me your opinions on this system (system that haven't appeared on any patch note nor anything, it's like it doesn't exist but is here)

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Xienen said that they are looking to find an alternative for this ban system .
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Xienen said that they are looking to find an alternative for this ban system .
    well that's great, still what will happen to those who were ban without any good reason? (I have for exemple been unable to play for almost a year without getting ban)
    But at least that's good to hear, would have ben better if we had the infos somewhere in this forum, or i don't know but still I'm disappointed with the communication and custommer support

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    and now, if more than X people report you in one game, ban, if you get reported too often, ban, and so on
    I doubt that you get a ban for "more than X reports" in one game. Except this includes the opposite team.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    I doubt that you get a ban for "more than X reports" in one game. Except this includes the opposite team.
    I tried it with a smurf acc, got banned after 2 games of trolling (so pretty sure it's from Xreports in one or two game)
    I really tried many things to understand how the autoban works...

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    What the heck are you doing to get banned after only 2 games?

I still have yet to receive a ban on any account.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    I tried it with a smurf acc, got banned after 2 games of trolling (so pretty sure it's from Xreports in one or two game)
    I really tried many things to understand how the autoban works...
    Maybe you already got many reports on the smurf account. It's possible of course since I never really know how many reports they give. But it took quite a while after they invented this till I got my first ban.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    Maybe you already got many reports on the smurf account. It's possible of course since I never really know how many reports they give. But it took quite a while after they invented this till I got my first ban.
    there are 2 types of bans, reports per week, that gets you banned usually on friday, and reports per match, gets you ban right after the match or after the next match, few months ago it only was reports per week, which was allowing trollers to only troll X matches to be sure not to get banned, so I guess they made the reports per match to prevent afk and trolls, but right now I think we all agree on saying that the autoban is banning way too much, I mean even hirez is trying to find an alternative x)

but I wonder what will happen to people who lost almost a year in bans for nothing...

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    there are 2 types of bans, reports per week, that gets you banned usually on friday, and reports per match, gets you ban right after the match or after the next match, few months ago it only was reports per week, which was allowing trollers to only troll X matches to be sure not to get banned, so I guess they made the reports per match to prevent afk and trolls
    Do you have a link to where you got this information?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    Do you have a link to where you got this information?
    I don't, I took this from my and others personal experiences
    one thing I'm sure is that the autoban became more "active" at a point
    but maybe reports per match simply lowered from 9 to 8 or 7, that's not impossible since I have once been banned after the worst game of my life and I think everyone reported me since I played soooo bad, and this was before lots of people getting banned

of course none of this is official, the autoban itself isn't really official since the only infos we got about it comes from forum moderators...