Thread: Champion Concept: Cavira, The Silent Assassin

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Champion Concept: Cavira, The Silent Assassin

The title sounds interesting doesnt it? This guide took me 2 months think of and this whole day to finish and its done but the lore and loadouts are still WIP.
    -----------------------------------------
    Role: Damage
    Health:2000
    Movement Speed:385
    ---------------------------
    The Viper Gun LMB(direct damage):-
    Fire a semi-automatic action shotgun that fires 10 small pieces of shrapnel that deals upto 500 dmg every 0.45s at close range in a high spread.
    Details:-
    * Has an ammo count of 8.
    * Has a progressive reload that can be interrupted to fire.
    * Has a 0.5s initial reload animation.
    * Cavira reloads the Viper Gun one bullet at a time in rapid succession, instead of all at once.
    * The more bullets used in the magazine, the longer it takes to fully reload.
    * The Viper Gun cannot be repeatedly fired by holding down the primary fire key; the key must be tapped individually.
    * Has a reload speed of +0.3 seconds per bullet.
    -------------------------------
    Scope RMB(direct damage):-
    While scoped, your gun does 1000 dmg every 0.9s at long range and Laser sight can be used.
    Details:-
    * Has the same reload mechanic.
    * Unlike other snipers like Kinessa and Strix, Cavira does not lose vision of her surroundings while scoped which is a bit similar to Ashe from Overwatch.
    * Unlike Strix and Kinessa, Cavira does not fire tracers which reveal her firing angle.
    * Cavira's zoom is significantly lower than Strix and Kinessa.
    * Has no dmg falloff at any range due to the reload mechanic.
    * While Scoped, her gun animation is Pump action unlike Strix.
    * Movement speed is reduced while scoped.
    --------------------------------
    Cybernetic Eye(10s cooldown)/Laser Sight(5s cooldown) Q skill:-
    Cybernetic Eye fires a beam from your left eye that cripples targets for 1s and deal 15% more dmg to the affected player for 5s while scoped.
    Laser Sight emits a red lighting and if the Laser Sight meets in contact with a hitbox, Cavira will instantly fire without u having to do it yourself; Laser Sight will be turned off after used.
    * Laser Sight can do headshot dmg if the laser sight meets in contact with the head hitbox.
    * Unscoping while Laser sight is active will cancel the ability and put it on a 3 second cooldown.
    * The Laser Sight is very visible to everyone.
    * Cybernetic Eye does not deal damage.
    * Cybernetic Eye is a projectile.
    *Cybernetic Eye does not reveal through walls like tyra.
    ---------------------------------
    Spawn Beacon(8s cooldown) F skill:-
    Fire a beacon that will teleport you to its location after 1.5s when you reactivate it;can be cancelled by pressing F again while being reactivated.
    * You can fire your weapon but cant use your other abilities except for scope.
    ------------------------------------
    Red Light(Ultimate) E skill:-
    Laser Sight is activated; will not wear off on use, lasts 5s and your gun fires 25% faster for the duration while scoped.
    * Will not affect the cooldown of laser sight if its already on cooldown.
    *Can only activated while scoped.
    *Cannot unscope while under the effects of the ultimate.
    * Replenishes your clip upon use.
    * Does not consume ammo.
    -----------------------------------------
    Talents:-
    * Come out:Players below 65% HP are revealed to you and hitting Headshots while scoped execute enemies at or below 1800 HP.
    * i-SPY: Cybernetic Eye now fires a glowing projectile that can attach to surfaces and reveals players to you in line of sight while increasing the dmg buff to 25%.
    Details:
    -No longer cripples.
    * Never Miss: Hitting shots while using laser sights slow the target by 20% for 3s and has 2 charges.
    Details:
    -The slow effect does not stack its bonus but resets its duration.
    -Her ultimate can benefit from the slow effect.
    EDIT- Her Viper gun dmg has been nerfed from 600 to 500 becuz it was comparatively a bit much compared to other champs even with the high spread.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 07-20-2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Some texts dissapeared about her role health and speed when i recovered saved changes

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Changes:-
    -Close call(talent) reworked.
    -Cybernetic eye reworked to cripple instead of disable deployables.
    -Both her Q abilities received individual cooldowns.

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Since you requested it, review time!

LMB - I see nothing specifically wrong with the LMB. DPS comes out to about 1,111 which is maybe a tad bit on the high side for the non-sniper weapon for a 'sniper' character in my opinion but considering the fact that its a close range weapon (and considering the fact that Strix's pistol exists...) it should be fine. I do find the idea of "The Silent Assassin" just going "meh" and pulling a shotgun out amusing though lol.

RMB - Seems like its for the most part fine to me. I'd say that the lack of tracers does seem like it could be potentially too strong though.

Q - I like this take on a sort of stance switch for a sniper style character. Cybernetic Eye is a bit too strong though in my opinion as it would allow you to essentially guarantee that you cannot be flanked. Perhaps dropping the Cripple down to 1s is better. If not 1s, I think it should at least be brought down to 1.5s. Laser Sight is probably something a lot of players would have a problem with but I really don't. Sure it can be used as aim assist but, from what I can tell, the more appropriate use of it is for a burst combo of 2000+ damage (shooting someone and then activating Laser Sight for a quicker second shot). That may be a bit strong for a 5s cooldown though and you may want to bring that up a few seconds. Of course, that is assuming that it CAN be used that way.

F - This appears to be like Kinessa's teleport but with better range and less speed. Should be fine for the most part. Could also give them really good vertical mobility on certain maps. This isn't necessary but it would've been cool to see a talent that lets her shoot an enemy to teleport to them within a duration. That could work well with the shotgun and give her the ability to easily fill in to the Flank role if necessary.

E - I think this is the one major downfall of the kit. Having just aim assist and unlimited ammo for 6s is rather underwhelming. I'm not 100% sure what could be added to make it more impactful and interesting without overdoing it though. Perhaps just give it the effect to pierce through shields for like half damage or something.

Talents - I want to say Come Out is a bit too strong as it would make Evie a 1 shot but... I mean she already is for other snipers so I guess it's fine. It really fits the assassin theme though and I like that. i-SPY is something I am not a huge fan of since it almost turns the character in to Strix. I don't particularly HATE Strix but I would definitely not be a fan of having another one. Never Miss should perhaps lower the cooldown of Laser Sight by a second as well to make it more useful.

Total - 6/10. I know it may not look like it, but thats a pretty solid score. It'd easily be a 7/10 with some touchups on the ult and an 8/10 if you really ironed out the balancing a bit. As with pretty much all of my reviews, 9/10 and 10/10 are reserved for concepts that have all the cards, voicelines, and art so don't feel too bad about not having those scores. It is a largely unreasonable amount of work to expect someone to put in to their concept.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnOfAllTrades View Post
    Since you requested it, review time!

LMB - I see nothing specifically wrong with the LMB. DPS comes out to about 1,111 which is maybe a tad bit on the high side for the non-sniper weapon for a 'sniper' character in my opinion but considering the fact that its a close range weapon (and considering the fact that Strix's pistol exists...) it should be fine. I do find the idea of "The Silent Assassin" just going "meh" and pulling a shotgun out amusing though lol.

RMB - Seems like its for the most part fine to me. I'd say that the lack of tracers does seem like it could be potentially too strong though.

Q - I like this take on a sort of stance switch for a sniper style character. Cybernetic Eye is a bit too strong though in my opinion as it would allow you to essentially guarantee that you cannot be flanked. Perhaps dropping the Cripple down to 1s is better. If not 1s, I think it should at least be brought down to 1.5s. Laser Sight is probably something a lot of players would have a problem with but I really don't. Sure it can be used as aim assist but, from what I can tell, the more appropriate use of it is for a burst combo of 2000+ damage (shooting someone and then activating Laser Sight for a quicker second shot). That may be a bit strong for a 5s cooldown though and you may want to bring that up a few seconds. Of course, that is assuming that it CAN be used that way.

F - This appears to be like Kinessa's teleport but with better range and less speed. Should be fine for the most part. Could also give them really good vertical mobility on certain maps. This isn't necessary but it would've been cool to see a talent that lets her shoot an enemy to teleport to them within a duration. That could work well with the shotgun and give her the ability to easily fill in to the Flank role if necessary.

E - I think this is the one major downfall of the kit. Having just aim assist and unlimited ammo for 6s is rather underwhelming. I'm not 100% sure what could be added to make it more impactful and interesting without overdoing it though. Perhaps just give it the effect to pierce through shields for like half damage or something.

Talents - I want to say Come Out is a bit too strong as it would make Evie a 1 shot but... I mean she already is for other snipers so I guess it's fine. It really fits the assassin theme though and I like that. i-SPY is something I am not a huge fan of since it almost turns the character in to Strix. I don't particularly HATE Strix but I would definitely not be a fan of having another one. Never Miss should perhaps lower the cooldown of Laser Sight by a second as well to make it more useful.

Total - 6/10. I know it may not look like it, but thats a pretty solid score. It'd easily be a 7/10 with some touchups on the ult and an 8/10 if you really ironed out the balancing a bit. As with pretty much all of my reviews, 9/10 and 10/10 are reserved for concepts that have all the cards, voicelines, and art so don't feel too bad about not having those scores. It is a largely unreasonable amount of work to expect someone to put in to their concept.
    I don't think her lmb dps comes out to be 1,111. The dmg bonus only benefits her scoped shots which are mentioned. Her spread is supposed to be high as well like she should miss a few pellets at close range depending on the hitbox and definitely miss half of her dmg at mid range to make it completely situational. For her rmb, her gun not firing tracers to make her hard to kill is what represents her title for the most part. Her Laser sight does not interrupt her reload or any firing animation so the burst can't be abused for a 2000+ dmg combo. You have a point about the 2s cripple which makes her almost unkillable combined with her F skill. 1s is better as the intended purpose of the cripple is to interrupt escapes to help the team deal with tanks easier and help cap the point. I felt the same about her ult and wanted it to pierce shields but thought that would be too much becuz of wrecker. Her i-spy talent only benefits herself so I'd say its balanced+ the ability can be destroyed and can't be boosted unlike vivian cards. Never miss gonna be buffed later so I'm gonna make some changes later. This was pretty helpful for balance.

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    I don't think her lmb dps comes out to be 1,111. The dmg bonus only benefits her scoped shots which are mentioned. Her spread is supposed to be high as well like she should miss a few pellets at close range depending on the hitbox and definitely miss half of her dmg at mid range to make it completely situational. For her rmb, her gun not firing tracers to make her hard to kill is what represents her title for the most part. Her Laser sight does not interrupt her reload or any firing animation so the burst can't be abused for a 2000+ dmg combo. You have a point about the 2s cripple which makes her almost unkillable combined with her F skill. 1s is better as the intended purpose of the cripple is to interrupt escapes to help the team deal with tanks easier and help cap the point. I felt the same about her ult and wanted it to pierce shields but thought that would be too much becuz of wrecker. Her i-spy talent only benefits herself so I'd say its balanced+ the ability can be destroyed and can't be boosted unlike vivian cards. Never miss gonna be buffed later so I'm gonna make some changes later. This was pretty helpful for balance.
    Maybe I made a mistake but the calculations I did brought the DPS of the weapon out to about 1,111 for both the shotgun and sniper uses of it. Obviously it is less likely for you to hit the full damage with the shotgun form but its potential DPS is still up there with the sniper. I would say thats fine and the spread shouldnt be TOO severe. I mean, Kinessa and Strix both have fairly strong close range weapons that just about match up with the DPS of their snipers.

I understand that the lack of tracers is to fit the assassin theme and Im not saying it needs to be removed. However, it was still a thing worth mentioning as a potential problem (But it would pretty much REQUIRE in game testing to know for sure how impactful it is).

My mistake about the laser. I would say it would be a a fun idea to let it be used for animation cancelling though. It would make an ability seem like a tool for new players on the surface while bringing a nice level of skill for higher level players. Maybe dont allow for a 2000 burst but an increase in fire speed or reload speed would benefit this overall I feel. It is entirely possible to do this in a way that would feel MOSTLY fair beyond the aim assist factor (since an aim assist/autoaim ability could do less than 100 damage and people would still complain).

Like I said about i-SPY though, it still just kinda of feels like it would turn the character into a second Strix. It would turn that into pretty much his flair while giving a damage boost that makes it feel more like a Strix is attacking you (Which I believe Strix has the highest DPS of the snipers). Maybe I'm wrong but again, its another thing that would have to be seen in game to really give a feel for how similar/different it feels.

If this helped at all, I am glad.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub