Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: KINESSA: Talent buffs (In comparision to STRIX)

  1. #1
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97
    Level
    15
    Points: 876, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

    KINESSA: Talent buffs (In comparision to STRIX)

    *Reposition- Hitting a fully charged shot will cause your next fully charged shot within 5s to reduce the cooldown of transporter by 2s and is now instant (the timer will wear off by using carbine or hitting shots not fully-charged).
    *Eagle Eye- Kills ending with headshots in sniper mode grants 15% ult charge and Headshots now deal 25% more dmg.
    *Steady aim replaced with suppression.
    What I think about the changes:-
    *Reposition- Strix has unauthorised use talent which countered flanks even further. If he missed a shot on his sniper, then he can just use the flare and finish the kill with his pistol. Not just that it could work as a great dmg burst to easily win mid-long range duels and finish off retreating players aswell at the cost of his reveal mechanic. For the new Reposition, in a way you could say its a reverse 'unauthorised use'. That is becuz, kinessa has Calibrate which lowers the cooldown of Transporter with carbine shots. And with this talent, she can be just a bit more unflankable than she already is with the talent in the right hands.
    *Eagle Eye- Kinessa has been struggling dealing with flankers at close range unlike strix becuz her shot needs to be charged. But that was imo balanced enough becuz Kinessa had an ult that can 1 shot squishies and 1 shot anything by hitting actual headshots during her ult while strix ult helped him deal with flanks if they flank him when he is below 1800 health at any point. That, along with his stealth was difficult to deal with at that point. His burst is somewhat overtuned but pro players at the PPL claim that he is much harder to play in high elos becuz of his lack of mobility. For Kinessa, her ult has an ok charge rate but it isnt rlly pretty fast to charge but if we could use it more often, it would be pretty good for her and compensate her struggle against flanks. Remember that with this change, the 15% extra ult charge would only happen if the kill ended with the headshot while scoped, not with a 200 chip dmg after the headshot as follow up so its gonna take a shit ton of skill to charge your ult that fast.
    *Suppression- This talent will make her mines and cards useful again while having 3 different playstyles as a whole.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 07-03-2019 at 08:57 AM.

  2. #2
    Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Deep in the abyss
    Posts
    853
    Level
    52
    Points: 6,423, Level: 52
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Not the talents are the problem - as I already wrote it in the thread how to buff Kinessa - but one of her skill )Opressor Mines) is realy weak. This is why nobody use cards about buff it, what is also a problem (not used cards). She would be ok, if my buff suggestion what I wrote there would be realised. Buff Opressor Mines would buff Kinessa in general and make those cards worth to use, so it would solve all of her problems.
    Keep the bonuses simple is an aim of the game developing, becasue separte bonuses are better combinatable and easier to understant than bonus combos. This is why talents have to give only 1 bonus if its possible to balance.
    Thanks for reading my post!

  3. #3
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97
    Level
    15
    Points: 876, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    Not the talents are the problem - as I already wrote it in the thread how to buff Kinessa - but one of her skill )Opressor Mines) is realy weak. This is why nobody use cards about buff it, what is also a problem (not used cards). She would be ok, if my buff suggestion what I wrote there would be realised. Buff Opressor Mines would buff Kinessa in general and make those cards worth to use, so it would solve all of her problems.
    Keep the bonuses simple is an aim of the game developing, becasue separte bonuses are better combinatable and easier to understant than bonus combos. This is why talents have to give only 1 bonus if its possible to balance.
    The problem i have with your thread about the changes u wanted to give her is that it doesnt make her playstyles any different. Each mine with your change would deal more than bariks turret which is good but both of the mines combined it doesnt out dps all other flanks like skye andro lex etc. It should reveal stealth cuz they are called mines for a reason not oppressor cameras. If they stopped health regeneration than your changes would be ok. But Kinessa has 3 cards which she is pretty reliant on which are Prodigy, Beam me up and Quick scope while she rlly needs one of her ammo cards to help her keep firing constant which is Open Season on lvl 1. Bob and Weave card gives her movespeed after teleporting which is better than her mine cards. The actual problem is both her mines and talents. If both Steady aim and Eagle Eye co-exist, her mine cards would never ever be viable. Calibrate is only used for Reposition and never on Steady aim or Eagle eye. Steady aim is what needs to go cuz her dmg bonus timer is easy to wear off simply by firing carbine or hitting shots that isnt fully charged. Lets pretend your changes got added to the game. It wouldnt rlly matter cuz Kinessa has 5 strong cards that are better than her mine cards. That is especially cuz Suppression got removed. If Reposition got removed, no one would use Calibrate cuz her 3-4 cards are that good or important. The mines could use the 40 dmg
    on your thread along with my changes and bring Suppression back. Suppression makes all her mine cards good(except that she needs both beam me up and Quick Scope at lvl 3 atleast). EM is honestly not gonna give her the barik treatment as they are pretty satisfied with her balance. But a champ shouldnt be that much dependent on 3 cards. Skye for example is over dependent on Poisoner to be good. But with Preparation , she needs Poisoner(maxed), and either Decrepify or Victory rush maxed. Skye base kit is terrible with talents to compensate her playstyle. For Kinessa however, she has the chance to be better balanced as her talents used to make 90% of her cards viable until Suppression got removed.
    Basically, Suppression needs to come back, Oppressor mine dmg buffed(with 8s cooldown maybe), and remove Steady aim.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 07-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,062
    Level
    58
    Points: 7,582, Level: 58
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    These changes are not going to fix her first major issue. Strix can out snipe her with ease. he can do 2400 body shots in 1 second.

    Even if kinessa could charge both shots it would take her 2 seconds to do 2000.
    But strix has rooste meaning its going to take her 3 shots to kill him

    Simply no chance, completly out classed.

    Kinessa needs a first shot in a full mag requires no charge time. This would give her that vital first shot on flanks if she sees them coming and reloads to get ready

    She would also have a chance againt strix if they remove roost which needs to happen

  5. #5
    Member Baronet
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    127
    Level
    10
    Points: 545, Level: 10
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    strix can do fast quick scope in just a sec while kinessa take alot more sec to get a full dmg not to mention strix can go stealth surprise you in the back which his handgun can deal more dmg than kinessa sniper rifle while she got a massive recoil and it hardly hit in mid range the only time she can land more hits its on CQ range while strix handgun can do hit even on mid range with his handgun.

  6. #6
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97
    Level
    15
    Points: 876, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    These changes are not going to fix her first major issue. Strix can out snipe her with ease. he can do 2400 body shots in 1 second.

    Even if kinessa could charge both shots it would take her 2 seconds to do 2000.
    But strix has rooste meaning its going to take her 3 shots to kill him

    Simply no chance, completly out classed.

    Kinessa needs a first shot in a full mag requires no charge time. This would give her that vital first shot on flanks if she sees them coming and reloads to get ready

    She would also have a chance againt strix if they remove roost which needs to happen
    There is no need for kinessa to duel strix. She can ignore him half the game and still do good dmg like the strix did. But you shouldn't ignore him everytime anyway. I've had no issues dealing with a strix on max roost hardly. It takes good aim, flickshots, patience and hearing to deal with him easily. Remember that strix head hitbox is bigger than kinessa so it's easier to hit. When strix is focusing on someone else, you can peek for an easy headshot and finish the kill with another bodyshot. I honestly have no issues getting into a duel with him cuz I'm cocky with my aim and usually get the 1st shot as a headshot becuz he doesn't have any mobility so its predictable since he usually keeps using peek advantage of walls. You have the mobility to exit the duel whenever u want so if u use it after making him go stealth, he may as well think u are still dueling him or still over there and maybe waste his time. You can just use your ult to kill him every time when shot is fully charged cuz u have more dps than strix at that point and will end up getting more,dmg than him if u can keep him out of the fight consistently.

  7. #7
    Member Baronet
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    127
    Level
    10
    Points: 545, Level: 10
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    There is no need for kinessa to duel strix. She can ignore him half the game and still do good dmg like the strix did. But you shouldn't ignore him everytime anyway. I've had no issues dealing with a strix on max roost hardly. It takes good aim, flickshots, patience and hearing to deal with him easily. Remember that strix head hitbox is bigger than kinessa so it's easier to hit. When strix is focusing on someone else, you can peek for an easy headshot and finish the kill with another bodyshot. I honestly have no issues getting into a duel with him cuz I'm cocky with my aim and usually get the 1st shot as a headshot becuz he doesn't have any mobility so its predictable since he usually keeps using peek advantage of walls. You have the mobility to exit the duel whenever u want so if u use it after making him go stealth, he may as well think u are still dueling him or still over there and maybe waste his time. You can just use your ult to kill him every time when shot is fully charged cuz u have more dps than strix at that point and will end up getting more,dmg than him if u can keep him out of the fight consistently.
    sure kinessa no need to duel a strix but strix can shred tanks and squishy champ using a quickscope on mid and CQ range while kinessa takes time to take a full dmg when scope

  8. #8
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97
    Level
    15
    Points: 876, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoduck3 View Post
    sure kinessa no need to duel a strix but strix can shred tanks and squishy champ using a quickscope on mid and CQ range while kinessa takes time to take a full dmg when scope
    Kinessa has better headshot dmg and mobility than strix. When she headshots a tank, its almost half of his health chipped off. She can still shred squishies as well but when she is in position, she can 1 shot squishies with crits and that simply cant be countered so easily. If they buy haven, they may as well be at a disadvantage cuz there are other important items besides cauterise which benefits your team since you are doing so good. The reason she needs to charge a shot is becuz her ult one shots squishies without hitting crits and 1 shots any role besides tanks by hitting an actual headshot while under its effects for 5s. The charge rate on her ultimate is fine but not that fast to compensate her struggle against flanks and that she is overdependent on 3 damn cards. The buff on eagle eye is so that she can have it more often to compensate that lack of struggle on flanks while having much more dmg potential than strix in the right hands. Imagine u got 3 solo kills and they ended with a charged or uncharged headshot shot in sniper mode, each of the solo kills considering they ended with headshots will grant over 30% ult charge. 3 of them combined would charge her ult completely. Her ult is one of the strongest ults in the dmg class. If these changes were added to eagle eye, she would be able to ult 4 times everytime ingame and even 6 or 7 ults depending on how long the game lasted and how good your aim is which is insane. On paper her ult(supposing u dont miss a shot) can deal above 6000 dmg average without headshots. With a single headshot in the equation however, she has the potential to go above 7400 dmg every ult which is also insane. Her ult is a major part of her dmg output and this change will help compensate her low burst in default while strix ult simply helps him win a duel against a bursty flank while strix is under like 1800 hp or less.
    With the new reposition, she will basically somewhat untouchable. And being untouchable means high survivibility. And high survivibility means higher dmg output overtime. Shes never gonna die in the right hands so that would be pretty strong. But it would not be op becuz her burst would be significantly decreased and she wouldnt be able to oneshot squishies now with headshots.

  9. #9
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,062
    Level
    58
    Points: 7,582, Level: 58
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Nothing you have said makes any since at all. Ignore strix is your solution.

    If your having an easy time with strix its only because you are better then the person you are agsinst. There is a reason its always strix picked in competitive

  10. #10
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    97
    Level
    15
    Points: 876, Level: 15
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    Nothing you have said makes any since at all. Ignore strix is your solution.

    If your having an easy time with strix its only because you are better then the person you are agsinst. There is a reason its always strix picked in competitive
    I didnt say you should be ignoring strix the entire game. What im trying to say is you should not be engaging into a duel with him at all. However good or better the strix is, doesnt matter. Hes gonna spend half his time killing tanks and dealing with flanks or poking supports. Thats when u should be going for him with an easy 2100 dmg headshot. If hes on roost, u should follow the headshot with a bodyshot and he's dead. When Strix is distracted, u can peek on him for an easy headshot giving him less time to react. Since u have the 1st shot on him u can just finish him off, if he hides behind walls u should ignore him immediately and focus on tanks and supports. With Kinessa, u should always be moving with each bodyshot. If u got into a 1v1 with him, its your fault that u did; strix will obviously win. Constantly being on the move is important for kinessa. If u stay in one sniper spot for more than 6s which is alot then you are just asking to be dived. You have poked him out and now its the flanks job to finish the kill and run away so u dont need to overextend or anything at all, its up to flank to finish him off cuz strix wont win the duel when hes so low against the flank. If hes not on roost, its an easy kill for u when u get the headshot on him and follow up with 100 dmg bodyshot if hes on haven. Making players trying to hard counter u with items benefits your team significantly. Getting dived by 2 or more people is a much bigger advantage to your team depending on how you and your team react. Your team should be on the obj rather than trying to help you and you should be using transporter to teleport to the nearest entrance to your enemies vantage point. Then u should be ignoring them for the moment and go for the backline champs that didnt dive u. Never stray far from your team. Dont underestimate your mines; they can dismount players that are trying to dive you hard if u place them right. Once your transporter is ready just use it to teleport back to the location where u first got dived cuz they wont get to u that easily when u are constantly on the move. Never camp unless your is right with u but not for long.
    Strix isnt always picked more often than Kinessa. Kinessa is also a solid pick but has a much higher skill ceiling. She needs constant awareness to work. Kinessa ult is far superior to strix ult. Her ult deals upto 35% of Kinessa's whole dmg or even more depending on how long the game lasted and how u use the ult. 4 bodyshots during the ult is 7200. If u have the aim to do a few headshots on tanks and maybe dmgers u can end up racking up almost 9000 dmg if you ult behind them which gives them less time to react. Sometimes its better to flank when the opportunity arises and can reward u alot when u do it right. Fine u say strix is always picked in ranked but give a better example to make it easier to understand pls. Kinessa isnt bad in competitive; she requires alot of teamplay to win big.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •