Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strix needs some balance(Nerf)

Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Thumbs up Strix needs some balance(Nerf)

Strix is very powerful in both long and close range, there is no counter play to take down a Strix since he shoots a heavy hit of 1200 which can be 1800 if head shot and then the OP pistol will finish you off

Some people will say just sneak behind him.. there is no way sneaking behind him because of his scope mechanism since he dont need to be in scope to shoot(Like our poor kinnesa) or you can say Strix is never in scope because he is quick scoping all day night. he will just shoot you even before you can do anything and remember its 1200 which is more than the half health of the most flankers.
    P.S If you someone manage to get behind him BOOM flash out.. now you are completely blind because of the recent changes to his Ultimate.. the full screen just goes white and you are good as dead.

Some will say buy Illuminate(DUH).. Now illuminate wont even help you taking down a Strix since he has card that make him move faster plus the nimble item and even if you manage to get close to him he will just press F and you can find him on the other side of the map scoping you down to death.

Strix dont just has 1 way to damage he has 3, if Strix miss his Rifle shot No prob just take out the pistol and you can do 2k+ damage over 2s (not counting the ammo card) plus his 'Unauthorized Use' talent wont even need a Rifle shot.

The only way to get a Strix down is to rush him with tank.. but why? what are the flanks for? and if Strix is standing on a high ground then even forget about this.

I am playing this game for like 2 and half years, and i can confidently say that every single damage champion has a very good counter picks but for Strix he is just superior, you can not even get close to him because of the burst he does

I hope i will see some nerfs on his base damage or the time he takes to get into the scope.
    Last edited by JeroXama; 06-30-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    oh don't worry many have realized Strix is overtuned especially since Kami's video the reason why he isn't nerfed is cause on the pro and high elo scene he is really hard to play and due to his slow move speed most don't. Another reasons why complaints have rose cause of him is that on the casual scene he is a menace. Ranked at least allows you to counter pick him or deal with him. In casuals however there is no counter picking or teammates who seem competent enough to deal with a Strix at range or at least know how not to peak him.
    One thing that a friend of mine mentioned that would probably fix both snipers as well as the complaints on their weaknesses is that Kinessa and Strix should have their dmg reworked to 1000 per shot and their in hand kits buffed accordingly. Problem with Kinessa is that she has good dmg at range but very little ability use and an extremely weak inhand. Strix's problem is that he is slow and has an ult which does almost no dmg but has overtuned dps with his pistol and high burst. If they buff their abilities and talents while also nerfing the power on their sniper shot as well as looking at their cards the sniper class will finally be balanced.
    Last edited by FarceDawn; 06-30-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    The problem with strix is quick scope.
    I can sneak up on strix start firing and he can turn quick scope switch to pistol and kill Andro before he. dies.

Head shots are the only way to beat him. A fkanker should not be worried they will dye when they sneak up on a sniper...

1200 is too. much base damage.
    Kinessa should have 1200 strix should have 1k

1k sniper
    remove the card that adds shit tons of ammo to both weapons
    Increase his base movment speed

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I vouch for that, I have been saying for awhile that strix has the same damage potential as sha lin given how reactive his aim is. Thus Strix has potential to lose 200 rifle damage.

Kinessa has a state of the art big lazer gun.
    Strix has a hunting rifle.
    Sha has a long bow.
    In a fantasy sense... the long bow and the rifle should stand on even ground in terms of damage.

I just wish Strix flare did more damage by default and Unautorized Use damage was dialed back, had a longer burning effect duration, and had its own effects that create a larg pool of fire. This a movotov style mechanic to a sniper would allow one to shut down a foes retreat, and lock off key areas to bide time.

Strix really needs some more creative Talents though.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    they fix the animation switch on strix on sniper to handgun so no break animation when fire on next patch but strix can still quickscope which is still annoying while kinessa need to charge on full to max the dmg while strix can fire when on max dmg when scope which it takes a 0.5s to do

also strix handgun can deal 250 which surpass kinessa rifle 180 which kinessa got massive recoil

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Strix is definitely ridiculous, I don't know what the HiRez balancing team is doing all day. You wanna beat him on long range? Let me introduce you to Roost, up to 30% dmg reduction (which can become even more if he buys Haven). Plus his invisibility which allows him to get the first shot on you unless you somehow had luck and managed to predict where he is. You wanna beat him on close range? Say Hello to his bursty pistol, his unauthorized use talent and his ability to quick scope. Literally the only way to kill him is flanking him with a tank, as JeroXama pointed out, like Khan, Atlas, or Makoa. And exactly as JeroXama pointed out too, is it really a TANK's job to kill damage champions in the backline??? Wasn't that task meant to be done by flanks???

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    Strix is definitely ridiculous, I don't know what the HiRez balancing team is doing all day. You wanna beat him on long range? Let me introduce you to Roost, up to 30% dmg reduction (which can become even more if he buys Haven). Plus his invisibility which allows him to get the first shot on you unless you somehow had luck and managed to predict where he is. You wanna beat him on close range? Say Hello to his bursty pistol, his unauthorized use talent and his ability to quick scope. Literally the only way to kill him is flanking him with a tank, as JeroXama pointed out, like Khan, Atlas, or Makoa. And exactly as JeroXama pointed out too, is it really a TANK's job to kill damage champions in the backline??? Wasn't that task meant to be done by flanks???
    not only strix is op he can scope on no time to charge to get a max dmg, he can go stealth + adding a card to give hime fast movement speed on stealth, his handgun can fire fast rapid fire if you click fast enough and his quick scope animation is fast as hell.

imagine on the next patch on slow rapid fire lex vs a quick scope strix which is faster to take the first blood.
    Last edited by cocoduck3; 07-01-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    While flanks are meant to counter snipers i've seen pro comps where both snipers have been pushed by a tank so its not only Strix that this works on it mostly depends on how well the team is protecting the sniper. A flank typically gets one quick opportunity to either mop up a low health enemies or burst down a target. So rather than saying he is unflankable due to his dmg I would rather say its due to his fire speed and fall back options. Strix is overtuned but he doesn't need to be nerfed into the ground like they did with Nessa.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Today I played a match with Strix using the KAMIVS approach and I have never felt that I had the advantage on Cassie in any match with any champ. I burster her down twice before she could burst me down which is in freaking sain
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...

Mains & Sub Mains
    • Makoa ------- Drogoz
    • Maeve ------- Cassie
    • Viktor -------- Barik
    • Lian ---------- Lex

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    When your teams wants you to flank a Strix...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWck_J1y9fU

Look at 11:14 and 14:17

And yeah, I know, he did manage to kill the Strix multiple times in the vid, but that was when Strix had low health and/or was distracted.
    So, please, nerf his close range burst. I think it'd be fine if he didn't have the Unauthorized Use Flare. It deals 1200 damage over its whole duration. And combine it with a quick scope shot and you already have 2400 - 3000 (headshot) burst right off the bat (which kills most damage dealers and flanks), and even if the enemy still lives, you just add some pistol shots. I made an estimation of his pistol's DPS, it deals 220 damage per shot while having approximately the same fire rate as Kinessa's carbine, so 220 / 0.15 and you get 1466 DPS, which is absolutely insane and more than Androxus' revolver. Why a sniper has such close range burst is beyond me. So, I think it's fine for him to have more close range damage than Kinessa, because she has more mobility, and more damage on long range, but the amount of burst Strix can deal now and how quickly he can delete flanks and squishies in general is too much in my eyes. Maybe rework the Unauthorized Use talent and lower his pistol damage a little bit from 220 -> 200.