Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kinessa's oppressor mines need a rework

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Kinessa's oppressor mines need a rework

What makes kinessa worse than strix? Her damage is fine ofc, her survivability against flankers no!
    Strix can enter stealth, spot enemies, swap to pistol, burst down flankers with flare... his only weakness is his mobility, which is trash unless you use some speed cards.
    Kinessa instead can do well at long range, just like strix, bust she can't do anything against "flankers".
    Her mobility is not helpful unless you use teleport, her mines are totally pointless. They don't help at all, they suck at long range and at close range and they can't be improved with talents (because suppression is gone).
    I suggest a change revert to oppressor mines!
    Before ob68, oppressor mines had a different effect:
    Only 4 damage per tick
    Slow applied on enemies
    Bonus damage on your carbine rifle to enemies affected by them.
    Hirez wanted to turn them into a better source of damage (which is not needed for kinessa imo) ... but right now their damage is still not helpful, it is very rare to kill enemies with them, they can be also destroyed easly.
    Bring back the old slow and damage bonus, it will help kinessa to deal against a flanking enemy.
    And I won't stop repeating that, the flank concept is garbage right now! Give them less burst and more mobility

http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...game-buff-them!

Fixing flankers will solve most of balance issues in this game, burst meta will slowly disappear, TTK will be raised again... the only thing left are healbots.
    Pls hirez, do something

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    kinessa got 2 talent that focus on her sniper and they ignored her mines for not giving a talent

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    I wouldn't say she is completely defenseless against flankers. Of course it's harder to deal with them as Nessa than with Strix, but if you have some game sense and already anticipate a flanker coming you can preemptively teleport away, and even if they catch you off-guard you can teleport away (the Bob and Weave card is really useful at level 3 or 4, you're gonna be safe most of the time if you use it right), at least that's my experience. And if you have good aim, you can kill them in sniper mode on close range (of course it's easier said than done, it takes some practice and good aim, but it's doable. Plus the ult also helps with flanks, you can potentially one shot them, or just use it with the carbine (it deals 270 per shot, with headshot even 360). I feel like the biggest problem is Evie, but if you have some game sense then you can again, teleport away from her preemptively, aim into the air (because Evies always blink above you into the air). Good talent to deal with flanks is Reposition, and good loadout cards are Bob and Weave, Calibrate and maybe Restore (but I personally prefer True Grit because it's more consistent and doesn't have a long internal cooldown). But, if there's a real good Evie or Maeve on the enemy team, you're definitely gonna have a hard time as Kinessa.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Remove one mine
    Spider Mine

When mine lands it takes 1 second to go stealth. It cannot activate till it goes stealth.

when an enemy is in range it grows legs and runs quickly at them exploding for 500 AOE

New Legendary Peas in Pod
    Kinessa gets an extra spider mine and stealth activation is reduced by 0.5 seconds

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    kinessa mines are super worthless sure it can dmg the enemy near it but it cant kill or do anything to harassed the enemy i miss the old mines that slightly slow enemy.

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    Remove one mine
    Spider Mine

When mine lands it takes 1 second to go stealth. It cannot activate till it goes stealth.

when an enemy is in range it grows legs and runs quickly at them exploding for 500 AOE

New Legendary Peas in Pod
    Kinessa gets an extra spider mine and stealth activation is reduced by 0.5 seconds
    Ying clones + booby trap , looks fun but I'd rather have something that defends my ass from flankers.
    Old mines slowed enemies and boosted your damage, they were perfect :0

Level
    Achievements:
    having two mines pop out of the ground and blow up on a flanker for 1000k is not enough defense for you?
    If your teams SUCKS and you find that you can not do anything,... You Suck!

The road to recovery lies in admitting You SUCK!

Doing well with a good team is no indication of true skill.
    Stop name calling an admit that you can do better, and you will.

DONT BE AFRAID TO DIE, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN NOT TOO...

Mains & Sub Mains
    • Makoa ------- Drogoz
    • Maeve ------- Cassie
    • Viktor -------- Barik
    • Lian ---------- Lex

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The fact that the "Spider Mines" concept is just a damage rework on a champion that already has pleanty of damage already, is not a real fix.

Damage should provide, Damage, Zoning, Control.

You got to agree that Kinessa has little Control other then Line of Sight Damage.

The dynamics of her mines work well, but value of what they bring as an ability are sad.
    They don't need an overhaul, just a change to what they bring in terms of control would be a welcome change.

Vivians mines are too similar of an ability with benefits, they provide clear, consistant application of reveal and are harder to detect.
    TBH Kinessa's mines would be much better off to be like Vivian's instead.

The potential chance to hinder foes with a weak slow or anti heal, physically creating some form of dive defence, push denial, team protection device.

Just a %15 - %30 slow would make mines have more of a clear role in combat again in a choke point denial sense. It really is not hard to counter, they would help shut down agressive play enough to want to empower dive comps with amps.

Level
    Achievements:
    Listen, they removed the slow for a reason.A sniper with a slow mechanic was just OP.. Making it wasy for a champ to head shot yoh for 2000 damage was just not fun for the entire roster.

This mine rework is not a damage rework its a tactics rework.

She can place them around her to make fkanks have to worry about them when getting close, she can throw them behind low HP targets retreating or hiding. She can throw them behind a term or khan.

you can do all more tactical. things with this mine, and people can't just innore them.
    Plus its aoe damage so it could kill several low. people in the backfield with on mine

Level
    Achievements:
    500 damage over 5 seconds currently

500 damage after 1 second activation time or 0.5 with talent... Its a pretty significant buff. Plus the addition of the legs means you can thow them. around corners.