Thread: Skye on console

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

Skye on console

So I’m well aware on pc she isn’t the best other than against an Ulting makoa and never picked up in the PPL from what I’ve seen. On console however, she needs a damage nerf. Even the one recently that changed the debilitate talent from 33 to 25(I think) did very little and it still feels god awful to go against on console. You are forced to pick illuminate against her but she just has so much dps and ease of use that even with illuminate it’s tough deal with that. If you don’t see skye first you lose unless the skye as absoulty no aim.

My thoughts have always been a rework for her to allow her to be better on pc and less over powered on console. Not sure why she doesn’t have a grappling hook like Grover or the sniper from overwatch. The grappling hook could replace one of the stealth abilities, although the stealth ability would probably need a rework since she would be losing one of them. Then remove debilitate and add a different talent.

Sadly hi Rez from my knowledge has said they won’t be reworking old champions abilities like moji and rather put more energy toward new champs which is understandable. So nerfing some of her cards might be the right way of to go instead.

Skye has three very strong cards that allow her to put out as much damage as she does on console. Poisoner(brings poison bolts cooldown to 3 seconds), decrepify(allows skye to consume no ammo for up to 3 seconds if poison bolts hit), and victory rush (which gives her speed boost of up to 50% for 8 seconds on elimination). These three cards are far too strong and can allow her to have a constant speed buff and unlimited ammo. If skye hits poison bolts ever 3 seconds she will never have to reload. This was the entire issue with koga on console when he first came out, unlimited ammo possibility with tons of speed.

Nerfing poisoner would be the best idea. The fact that she has an 8 second cool down that can be brought down to 3 seconds is crazy and even more crazy when it can take 30%x1.25 of your health. They could nerf the card to .5 seconds a point rather than 1 second. Decrepify could get an internal cooldown of ten seconds so she doesn’t always have ammo immunity. They could also remove the decrepify card and replace it with something else so skye can run out of ammo. One of these nerfs would make her a little more timing reliant rather than always having poison bolts up. Victory rush I’m okay with only because skye has no other form of mobility, although it can’t be denied that it’s one of the strongest speed cards in the game.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    better buy a pc controller on console to make things easy

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Oats View Post
    So I’m well aware on pc she isn’t the best other than against an Ulting makoa and never picked up in the PPL from what I’ve seen. On console however, she needs a damage nerf. Even the one recently that changed the debilitate talent from 33 to 25(I think) did very little and it still feels god awful to go against on console. You are forced to pick illuminate against her but she just has so much dps and ease of use that even with illuminate it’s tough deal with that. If you don’t see skye first you lose unless the skye as absoulty no aim.

My thoughts have always been a rework for her to allow her to be better on pc and less over powered on console. Not sure why she doesn’t have a grappling hook like Grover or the sniper from overwatch. The grappling hook could replace one of the stealth abilities, although the stealth ability would probably need a rework since she would be losing one of them. Then remove debilitate and add a different talent.

Sadly hi Rez from my knowledge has said they won’t be reworking old champions abilities like moji and rather put more energy toward new champs which is understandable. So nerfing some of her cards might be the right way of to go instead.

Skye has three very strong cards that allow her to put out as much damage as she does on console. Poisoner(brings poison bolts cooldown to 3 seconds), decrepify(allows skye to consume no ammo for up to 3 seconds if poison bolts hit), and victory rush (which gives her speed boost of up to 50% for 8 seconds on elimination). These three cards are far too strong and can allow her to have a constant speed buff and unlimited ammo. If skye hits poison bolts ever 3 seconds she will never have to reload. This was the entire issue with koga on console when he first came out, unlimited ammo possibility with tons of speed.

Nerfing poisoner would be the best idea. The fact that she has an 8 second cool down that can be brought down to 3 seconds is crazy and even more crazy when it can take 30%x1.25 of your health. They could nerf the card to .5 seconds a point rather than 1 second. Decrepify could get an internal cooldown of ten seconds so she doesn’t always have ammo immunity. They could also remove the decrepify card and replace it with something else so skye can run out of ammo. One of these nerfs would make her a little more timing reliant rather than always having poison bolts up. Victory rush I’m okay with only because skye has no other form of mobility, although it can’t be denied that it’s one of the strongest speed cards in the game.
    Nerfing those 3 cards is gonna be a big mistake, atleast the way you want to nerf it. Those 3 cards are the reason Preparation is viable. It became viable after Decrepify's rework to give ammo. Decrepify should be left untouched becuz nerfing it also affects preparation. Debilitate and poisoner are the real issue. Without Deb, poisoner or poison bolts in general, is not a big deal of an ability after the nerf of its in-built caut. Victory rush has been in the game for a long time. Nerfing it will also be the death of prep. The solution to tuning down the burst of Debilitate is simple:-
    *Debilitate- Remove bonus 25% dmg entirely.
    *Poisoner- Add a 15s internal cooldown.
    Honestly Debilitate is what needs to be nerfed, not her cards. Like andro has 2 CD reduction cards for his nether step with his Q being full reset and RMB being 5s, so nerfing the scale of his Q from 15/75% and his abyssal touch to 0.8/4s would kill him. So nerfing the scale of both 3 cards would kill the rest of her talents while making Skye nothing but a dmg dealer. She might often be played as a dmg dealer, but she can easily confirm kills on backline champs unlike most dmg dealers who take more time and positioning to do so. Nerfing the scale of poisoner that heavily will change her role to a dmg dealer while her other talents are left out as a meme. https://mypaladins.com/player/15336755/potatosnlper Im using this link and my skye matches to prove Preparation is still good and not low tier like what most of u say after the nerf on preparation(Im not using this link for a show-off but to prove my point). Adding internal cooldown to poisoner and removing the dmg bonus on debilitate will be the best move without killing skye completely.
    Adding grapple hook would be a terrible idea becuz skye has to decide whether to use it as an escape tool or a flanking tool. Also both her stealth abilities are pretty important to her kit, Hidden is good flanking while Smoke bomb is good as an escape or as a tool to fool the enemy to make them think you are inside and waste their time. Skye doesnt need a rework to her kit. She needs a rework to all of her talents. Preparation needs a glorified version of victory rush+unlimited ammo integreted into it(and nerf victory rush to balance it out+rework decrepify into lifesteal) while Debilitate should be replaced with old smoke & daggers and the healing version of it with Surprise attack. Given she has no mobility, being the only flanker in the game to kill someone other than tanks with burst by herself would be balanced as Hidden and smoke screen has a fairly long cooldown and she cant abuse the burst unlike with debilitate.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 06-27-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    Nerfing those 3 cards is gonna be a big mistake, atleast the way you want to nerf it. Those 3 cards are the reason Preparation is viable. It became viable after Decrepify's rework to give ammo. Decrepify should be left untouched becuz nerfing it also affects preparation. Debilitate and poisoner are the real issue. Without Deb, poisoner or poison bolts in general, is not a big deal of an ability after the nerf of its in-built caut. Victory rush has been in the game for a long time. Nerfing it will also be the death of prep. The solution to tuning down the burst of Debilitate is simple:-
    *Debilitate- Remove bonus 25% dmg entirely.
    *Poisoner- Add a 15s internal cooldown.
    Honestly Debilitate is what needs to be nerfed, not her cards. Like andro has 2 CD reduction cards for his nether step with his Q being full reset and RMB being 5s, so nerfing the scale of his Q from 15/75% and his abyssal touch to 0.8/4s would kill him. So nerfing the scale of both 3 cards would kill the rest of her talents while making Skye nothing but a dmg dealer. She might often be played as a dmg dealer, but she can easily confirm kills on backline champs unlike most dmg dealers who take more time and positioning to do so. Nerfing the scale of poisoner that heavily will change her role to a dmg dealer while her other talents are left out as a meme. https://mypaladins.com/player/15336755/potatosnlper Im using this link and my skye matches to prove Preparation is still good and not low tier like what most of u say after the nerf on preparation(Im not using this link for a show-off but to prove my point). Adding internal cooldown to poisoner and removing the dmg bonus on debilitate will be the best move without killing skye completely.
    Adding grapple hook would be a terrible idea becuz skye has to decide whether to use it as an escape tool or a flanking tool. Also both her stealth abilities are pretty important to her kit, Hidden is good flanking while Smoke bomb is good as an escape or as a tool to fool the enemy to make them think you are inside and waste their time. Skye doesnt need a rework to her kit. She needs a rework to all of her talents. Preparation needs a glorified version of victory rush+unlimited ammo integreted into it(and nerf victory rush to balance it out+rework decrepify into lifesteal) while Debilitate should be replaced with old smoke & daggers and the healing version of it with Surprise attack. Given she has no mobility, being the only flanker in the game to kill someone other than tanks with burst by herself would be balanced as Hidden and smoke screen has a fairly long cooldown and she cant abuse the burst unlike with debilitate.
    Just a heads up I was really only asking for one of said nerfs I suggested. I don’t want to kill her on console. I just would like more than anything a nerf to the poisoner card, instead of 1 second per card make it .5. Victory rush is important in skye my point of bringing it up was just to say she has three very strong cards. I’d only want victory rush changed if they ever gave her any sort of mobility like a grappling hook. Grappling hook has always been something people have suggested for her and you could always give it two charges, one to dive and one to escape, or just a different kind of mobility.

The points you make I like very much. Honestly changing debilitate to the old smoke & daggers would be a welcome change, the second it was removed I stopped playing skye as much. Preparation I have come to really enjoy on skye and it’s loads of fun against a single tank/no tank comp in causal. It also makes her feel less cheap to play as. Adding speed boost would just make victory rush useless because stacking speed isn’t always the smartest idea.

Unlimited ammo shouldn’t be a thing on automatic hit scan weapons. Unlimited ammo only makes sense on champions like sha Lin and Maeve, which are slow projectile shots that are easy to miss, or moji who must get up close and personal to actually accomplish any damage.

You play skye more than I do so you are probably right in saying that the talents should be changed rather than the cards. My suggestion was more so because hi Rez has stated that they won’t change the debilitate talent or that’s what I heard from the AOC meeting. So in turn I wanted to give suggestions concerning the cards rather than talents.

If debilitate is replaced then her cards won’t need nerfing but if they keep debilitate than she needs some sort of nerf or tune up to her cards. Victory rush shouldn’t be touched unless she is given a rework to mobility.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Oats View Post
    Just a heads up I was really only asking for one of said nerfs I suggested. I don’t want to kill her on console. I just would like more than anything a nerf to the poisoner card, instead of 1 second per card make it .5. Victory rush is important in skye my point of bringing it up was just to say she has three very strong cards. I’d only want victory rush changed if they ever gave her any sort of mobility like a grappling hook. Grappling hook has always been something people have suggested for her and you could always give it two charges, one to dive and one to escape, or just a different kind of mobility.

The points you make I like very much. Honestly changing debilitate to the old smoke & daggers would be a welcome change, the second it was removed I stopped playing skye as much. Preparation I have come to really enjoy on skye and it’s loads of fun against a single tank/no tank comp in causal. It also makes her feel less cheap to play as. Adding speed boost would just make victory rush useless because stacking speed isn’t always the smartest idea.

Unlimited ammo shouldn’t be a thing on automatic hit scan weapons. Unlimited ammo only makes sense on champions like sha Lin and Maeve, which are slow projectile shots that are easy to miss, or moji who must get up close and personal to actually accomplish any damage.

You play skye more than I do so you are probably right in saying that the talents should be changed rather than the cards. My suggestion was more so because hi Rez has stated that they won’t change the debilitate talent or that’s what I heard from the AOC meeting. So in turn I wanted to give suggestions concerning the cards rather than talents.

If debilitate is replaced then her cards won’t need nerfing but if they keep debilitate than she needs some sort of nerf or tune up to her cards. Victory rush shouldn’t be touched unless she is given a rework to mobility.
    No, vic rush wouldnt be useless. I was proposing to add the speed only to preparation not the other 2 cards. Skye can still use vic rush on other talents except prep. Maeve and sha lin are not that easy to miss. It needs more predictive aiming as well to work well for u. In higher elos, u can see maeve hitting all her shots with insane aim. But u often see her poking alot rather than flanking just yet. There is a reason for that and slow projectiles isnt the only reason maeve+ sha lin got unlimited ammo. Maeve needs to keep up the pressure on enemy players while the dmg dealer does the same to someone else. The healer has to decide who to save. Maeve will then kill the person who doesnt get healed. Thats the most important reason she has unlimited ammo. So she can keep poking. Ive tried maeve on console before at a frinds house being a pc player. It was complicated but it took 2 games for me to get around the aim assist on non hitscan champs. I had no problems hitting shots with maeve. So u can trust me on that, slow projectiles arent the only reason for that unlimited ammo. That is why skye needs decrepify on preparation to keep up the pressure and keep her ammo intact to kill the guy who doesnt get healed or use the decrepify clip to kill people on heavy DR or sustain builds. Alot of supps and backline champs have good self sustain and ok mobility. Skye doesnt need decrepify to kill people but to keep up the pressure. The healers end up making a game changing decision when it comes to that. The problem is decrepify works too good with debilitate. But nerfing it also means the death of prep. Thats why i suggested to give unlimited ammo to preparation so that preparation gets more viable and Debilitate gets tuned down. Skye needs the unlimited clip to keep the pressure up just like maeve. Evie doesnt have unlimited ammo becuz she has easy mobility and easy escape. Maeve has some of it but often has to commit herself to get the kill offensively using her resets to kill one guy. She wont have the escape all the time and has to make a gamble so that her team wins big. Sometimes she has resets for escape, other times no. Unlimited ammo conpensates for that aswell allowing her to defend herself all the time. But skye doesnt have the escape at all. Smoke screen isnt that great as escape but helps u live longer with the help of ur team while Hidden is already used on cooldown. If the enemy decides to 2v1 burst u, u will be dead and illuminate will make smokes useless that is if u use it as escape. That is why Skye players play her as dmg with debilitate. But with prep, Hidden is both ur flanking tool and escape. With victory rush her speed is incredible and allows her to flank well. The speed and decrepify is too much with Debilitate. But its what enables Preparation to thrive. That is why i want Unlimited ammo and 60-70% speed for elims added to the kit of preparation so that she can be constantly on the move. Alot of Youtubers like Raynday said that Maeve can often do a dmg dealers job pressuring backline and tanks. She also has good mobility to flank the low hp with pounce or just go for the lmb to save it for later. Skye is no different except that she has no flanking mobility if shes on Debilitate. With Preparation along with decrepify and vic rush, she is no different at all. It feeds loadout space tho. The 3 cards are also abusable with Debilitate and thats the problem. Thats why Skye needs unlimited ammo and speed for elims on Preparation while Reworking Decrepify into Lifesteal and giving her loadouts more space to breathe like more sustain with healing vapors. EM is making a mistake by keeping Debilitate rather than bringing back surprise attack and old S&D as their burst isnt abusable unlike Debilitate. Their cooldown of burst is fairly long to 15s which can be brought down to 10 which is balanced fairly as she also has no flanking mobility without prep. Being easily counterable, she should be the only champ who should be able to burst anything down by herself( not tanks). The good side is that the burst wont be abusable every 3s atleast.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 06-29-2019 at 03:36 AM.