Thread: Io Thoughts

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered

Question Io Thoughts

(Not sure where I put this thread : Gameplay Feedback or Balance Feedback, so meh)

Io is good addition to the realm with unique strategy with pet and interesting mechanics of it (Capping point/payload with Luna, bodyblocks, healing Luna, etc) but I don't think she will be "viable enough"

Good concept, but bad execution, Moji was the victim of it, I don't wanna Io to be the same. Nobody does

So here's some suggestions :

1) 0.5 sec delay on Moonlight when de-activating it feels annoying and teammates can die in that amount of time. Remove it completely (or at least make it 0.25s delay or something) I know you can switch targets during heal but keep in mind : resource doesn't regenerate while healing

2) Travel time is another annoying issue. Again, teammate can die while heal travels. Not sure what to suggest here, maybe make it faster

3) Sacrifice talent is just bad. Io's damage output isn't enough to be damage support but Luna can help you with that. But here's problem : you need to place Luna far away from enemies to escape safely, that means no damaging help from Luna.

How about change that talent with something else like :

1- Luna attacks 50% faster and now teleports to you when below 20% of health but her health is decreased by 1000
    (there is a card which can give Luna 1000 health back but requires you to waste 5 points in loadout)

2- Reduce cooldown of stun by 10s (5s stun)

3- Keep Sacrifice's effects but it also modifies your bow/your Rmb in some way

4) Goddess's Blessing is also lacking. Suggestions :

1- Moonlight now heals 50% faster (heal output AND travel time) but also consumes resource 50% faster

2- Moonlight now works as healing beam (straight line kinda like Jenos's ult but smaller, lasts with resoruce, can heal through multiple people)

3- Moonlight now regenerates during use at 50% effectiveness (kinda like Khan's Lian Shield)

Hope that helps

P.s : there's also card Protectors which can stack amount of resource given to you but it's such good card I don't wanna see it change, so please, don't
    Last edited by Stem300; 06-25-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Moved to Support Balance.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Her ult is actual trash compared to the other support ultimates. Damba Ult, Seris Ult, both great game-changing CC ultimates. Grover and Ying ults, both great healing ultimates , Jenos game-changing damage ult allowing to get free picks if used in the right moment, Furia damage amp and movement speed for your entire team (and refills ammo clip for your entire team), also great. Her ult is nothing compared to them.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    Her ult is actual trash compared to the other support ultimates. Damba Ult, Seris Ult, both great game-changing CC ultimates. Grover and Ying ults, both great healing ultimates , Jenos game-changing damage ult allowing to get free picks if used in the right moment, Furia damage amp and movement speed for your entire team (and refills ammo clip for your entire team), also great. Her ult is nothing compared to them.
    I wouldn't say her ult is that bad. Look at the bright side, her ult is immune to resilience and if u send 1 or 2 enemy players off the map, it would be as if they have 20s spawn time instead of 15s(that's what I think atleast for now). when someone is affected by the ult you can still fire a few shots at the enemy while they are still stunned by the ult and chip off atleast 1600 dmg if u keep firing at the direction of the purple ult animation and finish him off. Her ult can also pass through shields which non of the other CC ults like seris can do; CC immunity is an exception so it's not that bad. The best thing about the ult is that it's such a good zone and can zone the tanks away from the point enabling your team to cap on if they follow up on your ult. But I have to agree that her ultimate needs some buffs to be better cuz it's not too easy zoning off more than 2 players away. One of her cards could use a rework to give ult charge for kills like the one koga has. Or buff either the radius and Charge rate of her ult to a significant amount.