Thread: Androxus and Lex Sun and Moon Old Fire Rate Talents

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2

Androxus and Lex Sun and Moon Old Fire Rate Talents

So I am glad to have these old fire rates back but I have to say there is a problem and it's one that I figured would be a problem ever since I heard they were coming back as talents...

That issue is Spam.

It's hard to beat Spam. No one likes it, Spam takes no to little skill as the Spam makes up for the lack of skill.

If you aren't sure what I mean by Spam, I mean the fire rate of Andro and Lex currently.
    It's nothing short of fucking atrocious.

Let's compare for example.
    If everything they said is true that being they are the old Fire rates and nothing has changed.
    Androxus old fire rate should be around like 0.55s while Lex should be about 0.7s if my memory serves me correctly.

So Androxus deals 600 damage about every 0.55s meanwhile without this talent he deals 520 every 0.36s.

It would seem to me that if you had an Androxus 1v1 the player who wasn't using Cursed Revolver should win most of the duels.

Lex with Death Hasten deals 680 damage about every 0.7s meanwhile without Death Hastens he deals 320 per shot near as fast as you can LMB.

I would say the difference between Lex and Androxus is that Lex could probably win a 1v1 against another Lex who was spamming.

Cursed Revolver seems almost like nothing but Nostalgia. You can ring up 900 damage headshots and slightly better damage at range but you can do better by spamming.

Lex is the real winner. You can get 1k+ Headshot and your damage falloff is pretty damn good. Death Hastens is quite good, it helps him with his weakness. He can fight at longer ranges and deal good damage without just yelling "Leroy Jenkins" and diving players to get damage in.

I've been thinking but why don't we just replace their Spam with actual skill or at least nerf the Spam so it's not quite so overwhelming at times.

For Androxus I would say actually nerf his damage from 520 to 500 at least while possibly bettering his damage falloff. It would make Cursed Revolver a more appetizing pick.

When they said Lex had too high of recoil I said Bullshit. You could spam that gun and maybe only miss 2 shots out of 10 (at the time I believe) from long range. Increase that Recoil so you actually have to get an pace going and so you can't just spam at range like a sniper.

Doing these things especially for Androxus will actually make the Old New Talents comparable to their base fire rates.

Although Lex is legit better now. Three shots and 2200 HP Supports are dead.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 06-24-2019 at 03:06 AM.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Lex will definitely be far more playable with the new talent because it has pretty low damage falloff, even on range he can do decent poke. When it comes to Androxus, his new talent will be pretty trash and won't give him any advantage, it's basically only for the nostalgic feeling. It will still have insane damage dropoff, 240 every 0.5 seconds is a joke, even Focusing Lens Ying will do higher damage than Androxus everywhere except on very close range. It's like playing with a worse gun AND without a talent. What Androxus needs is range, I'd say his minimum damage with the new gun should be 420 or 450 or something like this so he can at least do some poke damage like Lex.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Yeah but now andro has the punch instead of fan the hammer. So 900 head shot punch then instant shot again and your gone. They both have heavy imbalance parts to them.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    lex 680dmg talent......broken
    old andro......stop go back, i said go back.

evil mojo......no balance on the game just broken online shooter that had a 3rd person on a 1st person shooter game.

the burst meta just finally broken the law of physics.

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Honestly, I think bringing back the old Androxus and Lex in the form of talents is just silly. First off, I don't understand why everyone wants the old Lex back. I understand that he is too spammy at the moment, and half of that has to do with his In Pursuit auto-aim ability, but the old Lex made zero sense. Like, why would his Magnums only hold three shots each? Also, him being able to deal 1020 a headshot at medium range is ridiculous and a perfect example of the old burst meta. Honestly, his weapons should stay the way they are. His In Pursuit is the only thing that should change.

Now with Androxus, I actually would like to see his old revolver again because his revolver actually felt like a revolver. It fired slow, did a lot of damage, and was precise. What we have now is a pistol that just looks like a revolver. No revolver that I know of fires every 0.36s, but I could be wrong. Point is, he needs a decreased fire rate (somewhere between 0.4s and 0.5s), a damage buff to his gun, and a decrease to his damage fall-off. If they could do that, I would definitely play him more.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    Yeah but now andro has the punch instead of fan the hammer. So 900 head shot punch then instant shot again and your gone. They both have heavy imbalance parts to them.
    Tell that Cassie, tell that Strix. They can still kill Androxus faster than he can kill them...on any range, that is.

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    The problem with andro's cursed revolver is its buggy fire rate. The original old fire rate was 0.5 but with cursed revolver it doesn't feel the same, it's slower, probably around 0.6.
    I think they're going to fix this, they promized us the exact same thing back.
    And if we really want to delete this burst meta , nerf andro base spam weapon! It takes no skill, it has no inaccuracy, it's a spammable bursty pistol... keep the fire rate if you want, but nerf the damage or increase its recoil because it's so dumb! Who would pick this talent if it deals less dps and it's harder to play??
    Apply this concept to all flankers! Less burst, more mobility!

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This change works for Lex, you shoot slower but with much more damage per shot. Rewarding when you hit, punishing when you miss.
    Androxus however is a complete different story. Because back in the day when his fire rate was increased it was a complete overbuff as his damage per shot never was toned down accordingly. Now they bring back his old gun as a talent, and because of the insane damage output of his current base kit, this talent is a pure downgrade. When this goes live nobody is going to use this after the first one or two weeks.
    September 2017, OB59
    Androxus was turned into the Spam Lord for more damage than any other champion.