Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Io And Her Healing

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoduck3 View Post
    but pip and grover got slow projectile thats ok for me but io atk speed its like a cassie speed
    Thats no big deal. Io cant spam 2 of her abilities at the same time unlike cassie+ the dps of her gun is lower than cass by almost 250 while her healing needs to be focused and isnt that strong but balanced. Like she doesnt have cass Q ability to do 1000 burst dmg at same time or anything similar to that. Making the comment just after playing her once or thrice is not valid or constructive
    enough to make that opinion on her dmg. I suggest you give atleast 6-10 more hrs to her before making that big of an opinion cuz rlly her dmg isnt that high but balanced along with her heals.
    Last edited by PoTAToSNlpEr; 06-27-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Well back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.paladins.com/news/pts-update-notes-sun-moon
    Moonlight – Removed travel time of heals
    Protectors is now mediocre unless it really isn't working in the Shooting Range but I think it is.
    Honestly I thought Protectors may have been bugged to begin with but I have to say the current version sucks.
    My loadout feels off now that the Moonlight doesn't Regen insanely fast anymore which I thought was going to be the saving grace of IO.

Her issue is the lack of Moonlight Regen at base, its so damn slow.
    I wonder if they reworked something because of the
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.paladins.com/news/pts-update-notes-sun-moon
    Goddess’ Blessing – increased DR from 15% -> 25%
    buff.

I actually think her heals ended up in a weaker state somehow while I was gone a few days despite the buffs.
    I still don't think Goddess' Blessing is good enough on its own.

Buff Protectors so it's 3% per level or Buff Sanctum of Faith so it's 2% per Level.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 06-27-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Io has 3 different cards for restore Moonlight. I find Moonlight Garden and Sanctum of Faith balanced, but Protectors restores much more Moonlight and literally all the time, she just have to stay with Luna. It incites Io for not use Luna offensive, stay together defensively all the time and regenerates so much Moonlight, so she becomes to a heal bot. Its low level doesn't worth so much, because she have to stay with Luna (what is a disadvantage) for get any bonus from this card. I suggest to change its bonus from {2|2}% to {3|1}%. So its low level would worth too and its high level wouldn't be as effective as now.

For the comparison Sanctum of Faith regenerates Moonlight only when Io doesn't healing, while the current Protectors restores DOUBLE amount of Moonlight and not just when she doesn't healing but also when she is actually using Moonlight.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-29-2019 at 04:44 AM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Baron FireAndGasoline's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Lightbulb PTS Io Healing Feedback

The healing potential of Io is good, but the constant need for vision to heal can make your gameplay slower. I bring suggestions after playing about 30 matches with Io on the PTS.

My English is bad, any mistake that disrupts your understanding, please question me so I can help you understand.

1. Moonlight recovery decreased from 12.5 to 10 per second.
    2. When fully drained can only be initiated with 30% resource (equal to Strix's invisibility or Khan's shield).
    3. Allies after being healed by the minimum of 0.6 seconds will still be healed by 1 extra second (105 every 0.2 seconds) when Io disconnects Moonlight. Connecting Moonlight again cuts the effect of 1 second. So if the ally passes through a wall or you need to change targets, they will still be healed for a short period of time.

With these changes for example Io could heal for 0.6 seconds (540) plus 1 second (525). Totaling 1,065.

Small healing touches for slight injuries (525)

Total attention from Moonlight to severely injured allies (940)

Leave your feedback below and comment suggestions
    Last edited by Borvik; 07-02-2019 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Post merged

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    IO was born a "Heal Bot" it is sadly the nature of her Healing Mechanic.
    Her Healing is almost no different than Spirits Domain Grohk.
    I've played one game that has the best Balance for a Resource intensive Healing Mechanic: Killing Floor 2.
    You're not a "heal bot" but you certainly do have to watch your Resources otherwise you could run out of heals.
    It got around this by not making you channel a heal but I think it was something along the lines of Small Burst heal and then HoTs.

The issue with IO is that she needs to regenerate her Moonlight quickly otherwise she can't keep up with healing. If she ends up anything like Grohk and his SD Talent Cauterize is going to pulverize her pretty hard mid to late game.

Protectors encourages players to play around Luna which is just one style. I would say honestly you should be playing around Luna to begin with as Luna is IO's lifeline. Luna fills the lacking damage IO has. I would say on paper IO should about never beat anyone in a 1v1. Her damage will certainly add up over the course of the game and in a team fight but Luna is what fills IO's shortcomings in a duel.

From what I've tested so far Protectors will not really allow you to heal longer like I had originally predicted. Either the depletion rate of Moonlight is far greater than the value of Protectors or Protectors doesn't proc during healing. The first case seems far likely, however let up on healing for a second and Protectors will fill up your gauge quite nicely although not as nicely as it used to.

The way I see it you have three main combinations:
    1) Moonlight Garden & Protectors
    2) Moonlight Garden & Sanctum of Faith
    3) Protectors & Sanctum of Faith

Before her changes the 3rd was without a doubt her best way of regenerating Moonlight and I would say still is although it's not a landslide like it was.

I would say Life Link is without a doubt IO's best talent for keeping allies alive and that means placing Luna more defensively would pairs nice with Protectors.

Honestly you can build IO anyway you want for the most part it just depends on what you want. As a support player one of the first things I look for in Support Champion is the ability to sustain allies.

This means figuring out a way to essentially abuse aspects of said Champions kit through a combination of abilities, loadout cards and talents.

As an example: Furia and her Talent Solar Blessing which uses her Pyre Strike ability as the mechanic to deliver absurd amount of healing.

You can go back and look on the forums I was praising this talent to begin with and while everyone was basically using Cherish. Pyre Strike CD is 12s and you can basically reduce that immediately by 9s which means she could have another Pyre Strike up 3s after she uses it. You could say the Stoke The Fire encourages players to use it very liberally to reset a CD rather than an escape.

Same thing for Gale on Grohk.

The next thing you would look for is Self Sustain and then Damage.
    In the case of IO she only has a single option for Self Sustain outside Life Link which again uses Luna to heal in a Radius.
    Then moving onto Damage, she has no "DPS Talent". Sacrifice is mostly useless even with buff from 40% of Max Health to 50% of Max Health.

So in my opinion I look at all these factors and determine that a "Heal Bot" playstyle would be most effective with her as she has no means to augment her Weapon damage and her Self Sustain card already fits in the main loadout used for healing.

In the case of IO Moonlight is critical to keeping her allies alive.
    She has no cards that increase her Moonlight like Drogoz has for his Thrusters.
    All she has are three cards that Restore Moonlight under three different circumstances.
    Which Combinations work best?

Well IO in my opinion is a Backline Champion so a defensive style suits her best.

They did buff her healing from 135 to 150 which helps a little but IO's biggest issue will be running out of Moonlight.
    Also Spirit Arrows allows you to redeploy Luna faster when healing with Moonlight so you can deploy Luna offensively or defensively on a short CD.

Another tip is heal Luna before redeploying her as redeploying her doesn't heal her so she will carry over her current HP when redeployed. Spirit Arrows procs from healing Luna too.

They should buff Protectors and Moonlight Garden to 3% per level or just buff Sanctum of Faith to 2% per level as it requires you too stop healing.
    EvilMojo needs to buff something in the way Restoring Moonlight.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 07-03-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    They should buff Protectors and Moonlight Garden to 3% per level or just buff Sanctum of Faith to 2% per level as it requires you too stop healing.
    If you think she needs more Moonlight than make a suggestion to increase it in her main kit, not make even more OP a card what is already OP (Protectors).
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    If you think she needs more Moonlight than make a suggestion to increase it in her main kit, not make even more OP a card what is already OP (Protectors).
    I don't consider Protectors an OP card especially not anymore after the first round of changes went live.
    If they want to buff Moonlight Regen at base that is fine.
    None of her cards are broken at the moment.
    Protectors wasn't the only card I asked for a change on.
    Honestly We probably have a better chance of getting cards buffed than her base kit.