Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Io And Her Healing

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Io And Her Healing

Now that hype for new Support champion has died a little bit i think that we need to talk about her spot in the game, her healing output and potential issues.

I will not talk about her DMG, her escape, Luna... etc. I am focusing on healing because she is a Support champion. And imo. that's where she is lacking.

First of all her resource is just not good enough. You barely have enough resources to fully heal one tank and then you need to retreat and wait for it to fill up. Just imagine how bad this can get when Cauterize lvl 2 or 3 kicks in.

2nd thing is, you can only focus on one teammate while healing. Seris which is the most similar healer has an ability to heal for 30% teammates around the one you are healing. And that's in her base kit. With Io, you can only heal one teammate at time and then wait for 1 sec. cooldown just to be able to heal other teammate.

3rd issue is line of sight when healing. Again i will mention Seris. With her you just need to start healing your teammate and connect and then you can literally move away 3 walls between them and you and she never stops healing. With Io you can only move a little bit and you can't break line of sight, if you do that and try to hide behind the wall healing immediately disconnects so you need to be constantly exposed to the enemy team while trying to heal your teammates.

Don't get me wrong. I know that it's still early for this. But imo. these issues should be addressed because i feel like if she goes live like she is in PTS rn. she just won't be a good pick. Please don't trust YouTubers that are trying to hype you up and make you believe that "sHe iS sO OP!" no, she is not. She actually has few serious issues.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    her heal are weak but it got no cooldown just regen also sure its weak but combined with her pet the heal is balance not to mention she got no dmg dropoff which i found either is a yey or nay also her ult is the most frustrating cause you cant block it with shield except on inara wall or CC immune
    Last edited by cocoduck3; 06-23-2019 at 09:06 PM.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    At base IO is lacking in her healing and really in the Moonlight Resource department.
    However with the right cards in a loadout this is no longer the case.

Protectors is by far her best card for regenerating Moonlight and actually allows IO to keep up with healing simply by not using Moonlight for a second.

Honestly Luna is very important to IO's healing capabilities and not just because Life Link exists but because Protectors is such an important card.

Luna is the Lifeline of IO, her Survivability and her ability to keep teammates alive.

At base her Resource is atrocious but with the right cards in a loadout it's perhaps borderline broken. Unfortunately for IO if those cards were to get nerfed it would sort of kill IO.
    I knew going in that the way her heal worked would probably be an issue. Single Target Channel abilities just aren't that great.

More so than the single target channel heal are the issues with the mechanic of Moonlight altogether.
    Ledges or basically anything else that break line of sight are a bane to IO. It doesn't work like Seris where once you attach the heal you may break LoS, it has the same issues as Seris, Jenos and Furia simply because it uses the same base Mechanic to acquire a target.

KamiVS also pointed out that there is a slight delay before any healing actually begins despite draining resources.

Honestly make it like Spirits Domain and most of the issues will be solved or rework the heal mechanic almost entirely. Don't require a lock on but just make it a Straight Line with some width of the Moonlight Effects and everyone in that Line of Sight gets healed. You could even make it so the first person receives the full healing and everyone after receives less healing almost like a reverse Scorch where each subsequent ally gets less healing.

I agree with you that IO in the General sense is nowhere near OP. She will still be a solid pick if she were to go live right now but would probably cause some frustration for the player playing IO trying to heal allies.

I watched two Youtubers videos on IO: KamiVS and JayFlare.
    KamiVS has seemed to come a very similar conclusion that I have which can be found here: http://forums.paladins.com/showthrea...ass-Discussion

These were more so first impressions but as of right now they are sticking pretty well.

JayFlare seems to think Moonlight Garden is far better than Protectors whereas myself and KamiVS think that Protectors is far superior. I test both. I literally made an identical loadout and replaced one with another to see and it's night and day.

I will say though I disagree with both on her Ultimate, I think it's really good.

To summarize:
    Io is really fun to play and I will probably play her quite a bit.
    Her Base Moonlight Regen is pathetic.
    Her Target acquisition is pathetic, too many issues.
    Build the right loadout and Moonlight isn't really an issue any more.

You know I don't intend to be mean to JayFlare but man I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when he said IO takes "As much skill maybe even more than Mal Damba." It's literally lock on heal that you hold. Spirits Domain on the other hand takes skill.
    Last edited by SiderumNocte; 06-24-2019 at 03:29 AM.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    I can imagine PPL players making her work somehow as a main healer, but currently her heals seem lackluster to me at least, especially if Cauterize gets online.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Io can channeling her heals for a realy long time, while she cant do anything else. Seris had the similar issue and she was solved easily: the duration of her heal has been reduced from 2s to 1.5s. I think Io needs a similar buff.

The lower duration would nerf her dmg reduction talent what is basicly weak, because it gives the bonus if you waste your heals: against enemy attcks, when the target ally is affected by cauterize.

So I suggest to reduce the tick time of Moonlight from 0.15s to 0.1s and Increase Goddess' Blessing's bonus from 15% to 30%.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    i just played io and her no dmg dropoff is a bad idea cause she can snipe at max dmg also her heal might be weak but it charge way fast also her ult might be good at pushing but now shields are now worthless on the game tanks are getting push at siege left and right everytime see a io ult, the only champ can survive it are CC immune and inara wall but i haven't seen a terminus block yet sooo this gonna be interesting.

also her pet can heal permanently if it got killed ying illusion and ghrok totem are now worthless if you got a pet fox that can last until its dead not to mention it can atk and heal at the same time if only it can heal if theirs no enemy at range but can atk but it cancel the heal if their an enemy at range. totem and illusion cant be healed but a pet fox that can be healed that can heal......facepalm.
    Last edited by cocoduck3; 06-24-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    @ cocoduck3

"i just played io and her no dmg dropoff is a bad idea cause she can snipe at max dmg "

but Pip and Grover can do that too, they seem to be fine, no?

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    They will buff her on PTS tomorrow.

PTS Round 1 Balance

-Goddess' Blessing DR from 15% -> 25%
    -Sacrifice: reduced ICD 60s to 45s & increased heal from 40% -> 50% of max HP
    -Moonlight - Removed travel time of heals
    -Reduced Luna’s collision size.

Nice changes but no base healing buff...

Beta Player Marquess FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I do not like the buff to her dr talent. That much isn't needed.

Man this is going to be annoying fighting who ever she pockets..
    Mozambique Here :^) #MakeAerialAndNandoGreatAgain #BuffCounterMeasure

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    @ cocoduck3

"i just played io and her no dmg dropoff is a bad idea cause she can snipe at max dmg "

but Pip and Grover can do that too, they seem to be fine, no?
    but pip and grover got slow projectile thats ok for me but io atk speed its like a cassie speed