Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The problems Kinessa and many other champs have

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

The problems Kinessa and many other champs have

While this is mostly going to be a thread about Kinessa, the problem she has is one many other champs have and it is her loadout.
    Before I get any further i want to set some thing straight

1. I'm not asking for a Kinessa buff especially in the dps department (she has high as hell dps in the right hands)
    2. Kinessa's base kit (except the mines) is mostly fine but she is extremely situational so just because she might not do well against certain (very common) matchups doesn't mean she is weak.

So the main thing about her that many champs have is that their loadouts often require to run certain cards just to play the champ or that they have many unusable cards. When have you ever seen a Kinessa not run beam me up 4 or 5 (without reposition) and still be able to actually escape when caught out. When have you found a Kinessa that has used any of her mine cards and the card Lie in wait. These cards have almost no usefulness in her loadouts unless your trying to troll.
    Other champs that have similar problems are Talus who needs constant amount of dr or life rip to survive and has one viable talent, Koga and some of his claw/agility cards which serve little usefulness since the nerfs and ruckus who mainly has to run his rocket talent and build around it just to survive the amount of dmg being pumped into him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next problem I would like to mention is the one play style problem many champs have in this game. Kinessa has only one playstyle no matter how you try to explain it. This play style is scope and shoot sometimes port, then scope and shoot again. Reposition, steady aim, and eagle eye do nothing to actually give Kinessa true diversity in play styles which is the main point of talents and cards. Suppression which was removed was her only talent that made the mine cards useful and while I don't want it back in the same form it actually gave her a different playstyle

There should not be talents and cards that encourage the same playstyle for any champ. One example of a champ they did right was Barik who was balanced out so that his other 2 talents were actually viable and his cards were balanced. They made it so that tinkerin Barik with certain cards was not his only playstyle.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I agree whole-heartedly.

(do you have any tips for kinessa?)

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    yes i agree there are some talents and card which are extremely useless and some champions have only one playstyle

this is what makes paladins pretty special and become superior game compare to its own category dont want to mention how boring ow will become after some time cuz there is no loadout or talent

Yes, bringing new fun useful talents and cards will improve game no doubt

my problem is that there are lots of cards in each champion which are so blew power only thing you can do with them is just throw them to the trash

get move speed for 8|8% when you're out of combat
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Mines need have more impact in game to be considered as an ability, right now they feel like subpar.

Mines ought to provide a bit more hinderance to foes as a Talent concept idea to toy with. Something like a gradual application slow as a Mine Talent would be pretty nostalgic.

Another option Kinessa could utilise is an ult based talent. If it could provide her some brief means of additional staying power (e.g. weak regenrating self shield while ult is active) then it would be more of an apt tool to brawl Kinessas harder match ups while making her harder to supress out of ult.

I feel like Mines and Ult need to have viable talents based around them to manipulate Kinessa's applications in combat.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    I agree whole-heartedly.

(do you have any tips for kinessa?)
    Most I can say is have constant map awareness don't shoot when your porting and focus on pressuring squishy targets if you can or tanks if the squishies decide to hide. Don't be afraid to reposition your self relative to your enemies. Kinessa can get to places a lot faster than other champs especially on serpent beach (there is a ledge only her and those with aerial mobility can reach). Do not and I repeat do not camp, Kinessa gets bursted relatively easily and camping speeds up this process or denies you a bunch of damage. Only times camping should be viable is if the enemy team is having trouble getting to you. or your team is protecting you well enough. If someone gets in close range your best option is to port or carbine and try to finish them but only carbine after hitting them with at least 1 snipe or if they are low enough. Don't hold your charge for too long doing quick pop shots while jumping or moving is best. Only hold a charge when waiting for someone to peek if they don't peek don't let yourself be caught out by waiting. Always make builds with beam me up (unless you use the talent reposition), true grit, prodigy, sometimes quickscope and find the levels of these that work best for you. Finally don't be afraid to ult you can save it for clutch moments but solo ulting to quickly deal with a dmg dealer or flank is fine.
    Last edited by FarceDawn; 06-27-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I agree. totally

Beam me up 5 should be base kit
    Mines do not much.

Mines should be changed to spider mine. Remove 1 mine.

When a mine lands it takes 1 second to go stealth...

When an enemy gets within range it grows legs and runs at them exploding for 500 damage.

Reduce her sniper shot to 900 and reduce charge time by 25 %.

Talents
    Kinessa gets another spider mine
    Sniper shot charge time reduced by 25 %
    Reposition Remains

This change would make hiding behind a box to full heal dangerous as she can throw a mine near you
    Last edited by Borvik; 06-30-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the "Edit Post" button instead of making a new post.

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Reduce her sniper shots to 900? Are you being serious here?
    I play Only Skill champs even if I Suck

Level
    Achievements:
    problem is that they are unlikely to rework her that much plus 900 is not a good idea your basically condemning her to a single (reducible) drogoz shot of dmg per hit. 1000 or 1100 maybe but 900 is too small. Her abilities need to be buffed accordingly if they plan on doing any dmg nerfs. In other words increase the power of her in hand. They are unlikely to do any extensive changes like this though do to resources so I would like to say they should rather focus on her current kit and making her play style more variable and have other situations it can deal with.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Kinessa's sniping damage, a sniper rife should rip a lesser man in two.
    A charge up death lazer ray should rip someone apart and then some.

She has good damage, good mobility. So what are her faults, cqc and lockdown, making her always flee.
    Other then sniper damage, kinessa has very little ability to bide time forcing her to only stay useful at long sight lines. She needs better tactics to hinder without the scope.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    And the reason I would like to see some improvememts to the mines soon?

It was funny watching the last patch preview, kinessa throwing out her "tickle mines". They didn't even do anything againt the bots.

I remember a time they were akin to a Tyra molotov in terms of a momentary penalty and field lockdown ability.

And I would like to see a time when those mines become a thorn in my side again.