Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Maeve CC Nerf is Wrong

Beta Player Grand Prince NaixSenpai's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points Overdrive 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    still i dont see post against this thread.

they removed the tactics you could make or do with her ult this is not okay
    An Epidemical Mayhem

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    As I suspected and predicted. I'm talking about the Maeve ultimate. Against Koga and Zhin it's useless. They just need to billow or dash and they see clear as day. You can say all you want and claim that it's just 2 characters but as I stated in the Maeve Nerf wrong thread. It kills her momentum. This needs to be reverted. Making an ultimate like that considered as CC is absurd. Doesn't even last like let's say Khan grab. yes I'm salty about it. You don't even need to be a Maeve Main to see how stupid this change is. She gets countered by a simple ability. And it's BS! Not to mention resilience is a thing.

Super Moderator Grand Prince Borvik's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4
    Note that this thread has been necro'ed but will remain open for further discussion.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KosMos View Post
    As I suspected and predicted. I'm talking about the Maeve ultimate. Against Koga and Zhin it's useless. They just need to billow or dash and they see clear as day. You can say all you want and claim that it's just 2 characters but as I stated in the Maeve Nerf wrong thread. It kills her momentum. This needs to be reverted. Making an ultimate like that considered as CC is absurd. Doesn't even last like let's say Khan grab. yes I'm salty about it. You don't even need to be a Maeve Main to see how stupid this change is. She gets countered by a simple ability. And it's BS! Not to mention resilience is a thing.
    It's also useless vs Grohk, Inara, Damba, quite alot of people really

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Honestly, Dimitri laughed hardcore when resil became the counter armour to maeve... I have felt like CC immunity and resiliance was the wrong armour card for midnight in the first place and should have been mitigated by Illuminate (like the word illuminate implies)

Instead of anti CC weakening the duration of midnight, illuminate being used to extend the range in which people could see during blind effects would have been a better trade to get some more game use out of illuminate other then stealth range reveal...

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I just feel like the dynamics behind blind effects in the game have been poorly designed and balenced in general, skyes previous blind effect was poorly designed, instead of making armour or fixing it it was outright removed due to how janky it performed in choke and point fights, and I have my issues with strix flashbang as well but meh, we will not go there right now.

Honestly I have no gripe about the use of blinds as environmental awareness and team synergy and fall back positioning are a good enough defenses. Only thing you can really point a stick at is their duration and strength overal.

However I can understand the feeling of using an ult only have it subject to an instant counter ult would cause players to have a bad time, however this change will throw that same problem back on maeve causing her ult to be counter ulted by more than just cassie, but hey... killing maeve ends the ult so it seems like a worthy suicide dive at least.

However I do not understand how blinds would give a player enough ptsd to make it outright countered by CC immunity effects and abilities at base kit level.

I can understand why maeve would be picked up in compeditive for this super power as much as cassie is with her reveal ult. But you currently cannot counter reveals...

I agree that in a serious game it is as theatening as a Drogoz ult, and can be dropped to deter long range fights and ults with ease. But as I said, I feel the balenceing and dynamics behind blinds in game feel sloppy to me, and in need of proper effect mitigation as it is not truely a CC effect being more of a debuff.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Achievements:
    Another issue is reveals....
    Disregarding their current overtoned durations here for a sec.

As a utility feature and defense vs blinds and high mobility.
    There is not enough forms of reveal distributed amongst the classes to properly mitigate the effectiveness of blinds.

As a damage utility option, I beleive small reveals here and there are a debuff which should counter the blind debuff at long range in a 1v1 or team sense depending on the power and CD of the abilities used to reveal. The thing about reveals is that they should never reveal through stealth, and the effect should be broken when activating stealth.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't care if resilience counters her ultimate because it doesn't completely nullify it. I'll bring Koga up again because he has no cool down. He cleanse CC every dash. Even Evie now that I think about it. Has to Ice Block and it will remove the blind. basically almost everyone has a "Push to counter Maeve button" Sure some ultimates get countered by something. Like even. Stun at base kit. Buuuuut.. does it completely make it useless? I think not. This is my problem. This needs to be reverted. This needs to spread more. Why hasn't the post from here been shifted to the new forums anyway?