Thread: Ying Suggentions

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Ying Suggentions

These suggestions are coming from me experiences with Ying.
    First thing to do should be removing "Life Exchange" talent. Instead of that making "Shatter" targetable.
    How should this work :
    -If target is allied illusions heal the target for 800 but don't explode.
    -if target is an enemy illusions charge to target and explode dealing 500 damage.
    -if no target selected illusions explode and healing allies around them for 500. Also deals damage if Ying is using "Resonance" talent. (duh!)
    Right now illusions are pretty dumb. They stuck at corners, they charge at wrong target. With this change those problems will be solved and illusions become more usefull. Also shuts the people who yelling at Ying players for not picking "Life Exchange".

Second thing to do is, new talent. (since we removed one)

Relativity: Whenever Ying teleports with "Dimensional Link" she deals 400 aoe damage both at the cast location and target location.

Ying can use that both defensive and offensive. I think it will be usefull against close range attackers.

Last one: Right now Ying can't protect herself against long range heavy hitters like snipers and Dragoz. All she can do is hide under a rock and spam illusions from there. To change that, "Focusing Lense" should remove damage fall off. So Ying can return fire and defend herself. (In the upcoming patch they are reducing damage fall off but i am not sure if that will be enough.)

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    interesting

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Problem is just if you miss the allied target with shatter and all your illusion go kamikaze.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    No, no, no, no, no. Never, ever, EVER give Ying both dmg and heals on shatter. Never. It would simply destroy the game.

In general, she just needs bug fixing and pre-fire unnerfed.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. Never, ever, EVER give Ying both dmg and heals on shatter. Never. It would simply destroy the game.

In general, she just needs bug fixing and pre-fire unnerfed.
    Why and how exactly ?

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    The skill required in playing Resonance is to know when to shatter, when to keep clones alive, when to use them as a shield, when to use them as escape (almost never). Why this? Because the same mechanism that keeps your allies alive is your main dmg source. If you shatter too much, they die. If you never shatter, you're useless (I mean, if you must play healing bot, pick Life Exchange, then). So a good Ying player must weight when to shatter and when not to.
    But what if you, no matter what, are still healing? Of course there is no contraindication in shattering, so people would do that constantly. This would lead to average Ying game with 200k dmg and 200k heals.
    Read: AVERAGE. This means that whatever moron playing Ying with a copied loadout could easily reach that result.

Consequences: Ying perma-banned in ranked and in casual, the one picking Ying wins on his/her own.

Before dim-link nerf I was able to get such results. But I am not average Ying player, I needed tons of hours to reach that. Imagine my new result, or the result of other Ying mains, with the buff you're asking...

What we're asking is, instead, bug-fixing (because the whole shatter and dim link rotation system is bugged) and the unnecessary basic-kit nerf (brittle and pre fire) removed, because, you know, if Life Exchange is OP, then that should be nerfed. Not base kit, which impacts all the play styles.

Ying is not in such a bad spot, she just needs this couple of things to be good again.
    Last edited by Valkure; 06-26-2019 at 03:23 AM. Reason: typo
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    I could imagine a combat-healer play-style like Grohk or Pip have. If left-click a team member the clones will heal only this one, maybe with a 10-30% bonus for a few seconds.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    the only problem on ying is that her illusion heal takes a few sec to react on heals while other healer are instant

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    I could imagine a combat-healer play-style like Grohk or Pip have. If left-click a team member the clones will heal only this one, maybe with a 10-30% bonus for a few seconds.
    "maybe with a 10-30% bonus for a few seconds."

seems like it would encourage people to do that quite alot

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    "maybe with a 10-30% bonus for a few seconds."

seems like it would encourage people to do that quite alot
    Less than doing the right-click with Life-Exchange.