Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10 ranked maps

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Exclamation 10 ranked maps

Limit the variety of the ranked matches by ban 4 maps, just beause the developers will have 40% more datas from the rest maps is nonsense. Some more datas doesn't worth to limit the gameplay in the main game mode. You just makes your game simplier and we will even more get bored the maps just because of some questionable testing functions.
    The testing is for increase the game experinace, not the game experience is exists for the testing!
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    I will be blunt...I do not like this change at all.

What is the purpose of this change?

Two maps I like are left out of the Rotation.

Certain Maps have the potential for different draft styles and champions.

This idea makes damn near zero sense to me. Improve your code so I don't hopefully get the same map four times in a row but let me have the potential of being able to play them all.

This seems like an idea that should be at the Pro Level rather than Ranked.

If you want this introduced into the Pro Scene remove Map Bans, Have 10 Maps available to be picked and the rest in "Reserve" and from the available map picks teams can choose. It will leave maps unpicked at the end of the day but honestly so does the current system.

However how about we just trash this idea altogether and leave the system as is.
    Limiting maps doesn't make the game better at all.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Trash the idea but fix the rotation so we don't get map X 5 times in a row.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 35
    I suggest that players can vote to select the map before the start, the most voted map will be chosen.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I don't like the vote idea only because I will end up with the same map over and over and over.... same as happens many times now.

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Why not in ranked add a map ban phase 1 or 2 bans. In causal you could do the same after character select screen but make it where it isnt mandatory but only have it be bans rather than picking which map. The banned maps won’t be selected or the most votes ones won’t be. Personally only dislike warders gate and the dredge onslaught map that came out with him.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Oats View Post
    Why not in ranked add a map ban phase 1 or 2 bans. In causal you could do the same after character select screen but make it where it isnt mandatory but only have it be bans rather than picking which map. The banned maps won’t be selected or the most votes ones won’t be. Personally only dislike warders gate and the dredge onslaught map that came out with him.
    I like your idea. The same goes on the pro matches. But is would make the ranked match even longer.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KicsitCsicska View Post
    I like your idea. The same goes on the pro matches. But is would make the ranked match even longer.
    I feel they could somehow incorporate it so the team that bans seconds can ban the first map and the team that bans first can ban the second map. Alternatively, everyone in ranked on both teams could vote while waiting to pick their champions and top vote for both teams gets banned. In both situations only two maps get banned(one ban per team). This would allow for no extra time added to the matches.

In causal, make it so it’s not required so there isn’t any sort of extra time limit but so there is still an option to ban out a map. If someone doesn’t select a map ban in causal or ranked don’t give any sort of discipline.

The question is how would this mess with the code and what bugs might come from this in the long run. Idk if this would be simple thing to implement and not priority on evil mojo when there is other balance, bug fixes, and new characters in the works.

With the increase of siege maps(3 in the past like 2 months or so) it might be a nice quality of life to the game to have some sort of map banning system. On thebettetmeta.com they displaced a chart showing which maps get picked most and least at random. Shattered desert is picked 11% of the time randomly, while a map like frog isle(personal favorite map) is picked 4% of the time randomly. Warders gate is at 10%, and I don’t know if it’s just me but I hate this map with a passion. I’d take pleasure in banning warders gate every ranked and causal game.
    Last edited by Smokin Oats; 06-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    I don't like the vote idea only because I will end up with the same map over and over and over.... same as happens many times now.
    I agree with you. Also, certain maps that are strategically good for a small handful of players may end up not being played.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    I agree with you. Also, certain maps that are strategically good for a small handful of players may end up not being played.
    A 4 map ban would be far too much and timely. Banning 1-2 maps would be worth while so maps arent repeated 3+ times or if people prefer not play on a map because they aren’t good at said map.