Thread: How to buff Kinessa

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points

Lightbulb How to buff Kinessa

Snipers aren't a good pick in many cases. When they are, Strix works better than Kinessa. Here are some reasones why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xck6H8B1mHc

Kinessa is weak, because her Opressor Mines are weak. The reason is that these deal low dmg, what don'tt stop the self regeneration, and easy to spot them, so these are shot down soon after deploy them. This skill is clearly the weakest in her kit. Literally non of the good players use cards for buff Opressor Mines, because these are so weak without the old talent, what buffed them. It's a little bit similar case as Furia's Wings of Wrath: This skill without the old talent is just simple weak, don't worth to relies on this.

I suggest a similar solution as Furia for Kinessa: buff the skill for buff the champion and make the cards based on the skill worth to use in our loadouts:
    - Decrease the cooldown time of Opressor Mine from 10s to 8s.
    - Increase the damage of the Opressor Mine from 20 to 40.

The card Generator reduces the cd of the Opressor Mine too high scaled {1.22|1.22}s. Some cdr should put into her base kit, as in the case of Barik's cards rework. I also suggest to nerf this card to {0.6|0.6}s. It still would worth to use it, because the lower base cd and the much higher dmg of the Opressor Mines.

Overall this buff suggestion wouldn't just buff Kinessa but also makes the Opressor Mine based cards good too.
    Last edited by KicsitCsicska; 06-11-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Kinessa is one that does need a good look at.

Her oppressor mines are appaling as an ability, if it were not for their effect to provide a sense of reveal, they really don't do enough.

- If they provided a better quality of reveal to the player, it would be nice.
    - If you throw one at an enemy, it hits them, they are revealed to your team for a few seconds, while taking DoT.
    - If they provided with a base %30 cuaterise, it would be an interesting suppression field to dampen healing from around corners and oppressive angles.

Even if mines can't deny out of combat healing they can at least make it %30 weaker.

I feel like the mines are something that ought to apply a burning debuff after standing in them for a few seconds, burning continues while within range of mine and lasts for 1s after leaving. Which is an alternative way they could gain a source of additional damage, whittle down foes in the open and foes who do not react to the mine.

With a %30 base caut effect small amounts of DoT become an annoyance.

As for another concept, kinessa is in need for a new talent.
    I would not mind something that grants her a constant regenerating self shield for the duration of her ult. Say 300 shield per sec, max cap 1000.
    While her ult is used as brief strong damage punch, a talent that provides her sheilding would allow kinessa to have some temporary hp for a brief time to survive and counter attack a flanker, or endure being sniped while pulling your ult off.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Her mines are not what she struggles with. In fact they are pretty useful to cancel the reload animation as well as to spot flankers that come for you. Her main problem is that she can't burst down flankers as quickly and as easily they way that Strix does. And there's no reason to play her mine loadout cards when there are way more important cards like True Grit (best Kinessa card I'd say, give her sooo much more self-sustain), Restore, Calibrate if you run Reposition, Prodigiy, Quicker zoom, Health, Bob And Weave, Beam Me Up and Open Season at 1 (for unlimited ammo as long as you shit full-charged shots). These are all way better than all her mine cards.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Srtix has strong damage for how reactive his snipper scope is. Strix honestly should not have the same ranged damage as kinessa.
    But strix aside.

Kinessa's mines are a problem, aside from a counterable form of (not)reveal. They no nothing anymore. These things used to apply slow, then it changed to cauterise, now nothing, and it shows.

Many of Kinessa issues can be solved with a deployable that can create some mannor of zoning.

If the mines did slightly stronger form of DoT and had ability to further punish foes under prolonged exposure, such as burning damage, they could provide a bit more threat potential. If multiple mines could stack damage with a visiable effect then all the better. If the mines pursisted after death then a flank killing kinessa has more to worry about.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Kinessa's mines rlly needs good utility. Its revealing quality is pretty terrible and the fact that Kinessa can oneshot squishies or anyone with her ult by crits, her mines should reveal the head hitbox of the player to help her hit those headshots just the head not an actual reveal to be different from others. Its the one she gets while under the effects of her ult. Her mines could use other forms of utility like revealing stealth. I mean Opressor mines are called "MINES" for a reason so they should affect stealth knowing how the bad range on her mines are. Even when she has cards that increase the range her other cards are not 2 but 3 times better. Her mines need a bit of the treatment like the one Barik got to his base kit from his loadout cards like added range etc.
    Strix on the other hand, being able to survive close range against flanks should get a dmg dropoff at long range like 150 less dmg. And his reveals should be counterable like by stepping on it. It actually works but deals dmg to you so it shouldnt deal dmg when u step on it unless you are using unauthorised use.

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Simple you dont
    Bring Parts And Pieces Back!

Favorite Skins

Koga:Prototype.

Maeve: Merrymaker, Raeve, Street style, Alley cat.

Strix: Bad Mother Clucker.

Moji: Dragon Born.

Main Champions: Maeve

Healers: Ying and Io.

Damage:Lian

Frontline:...

Flanks: Maeve

Jingle Bells, Barik smells, Willo laid an egg. Ze Magistrate ain't so great, and ze Paladins save ze day.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    her mines should reveal the head hitbox of the player to help her hit those headshots

Strix on the other hand, being able to survive close range against flanks should get a dmg dropoff at long range like 150 less dmg. And his reveals should be counterable like by stepping on it. It actually works but deals dmg to you so it shouldnt deal dmg when u step on it unless you are using unauthorised use.
    I like the reveal of the head hitbox. This would synergize pretty well with the Eagle Eye Talent. As Kinessa is a Bounty Hunter and her ultimate also revolves around hitting headshots, this would fit to her pretty well imo.

And when it comes to Strix, I also agree. If he is able to destroy any kind of flank that easily AND have stealth AND 30% Damage reduction in scope (which gives him a clear advantage in sniper battles) he should at least pay the price of having less damage on long range imo.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by schachmaty View Post
    Her mines are not what she struggles with. In fact they are pretty useful to cancel the reload animation as well as to spot flankers that come for you. Her main problem is that she can't burst down flankers as quickly and as easily they way that Strix does. And there's no reason to play her mine loadout cards when there are way more important cards like True Grit (best Kinessa card I'd say, give her sooo much more self-sustain), Restore, Calibrate if you run Reposition, Prodigiy, Quicker zoom, Health, Bob And Weave, Beam Me Up and Open Season at 1 (for unlimited ammo as long as you shit full-charged shots). These are all way better than all her mine cards.
    Aren't the scope and scope move speed cards too important tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinsleeper View Post
    Simple you dont
    what a constructive comment.
    Last edited by buoy; 06-13-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    Aren't the scope and scope move speed cards too important tho?

what a constructive comment.
    It's what he meant by quicker zoom and prodigy is the card that gives you movespeed while scoped so he mentioned them.
    Yeah its childish. this guy made a reply to my whole post in 3 words that don't even make sense, like his new Maeve balance thread.