Thread: Multiple nerfs to Imani's frost bomb

Beta Player Baron DarkSoulEnvoy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered

Multiple nerfs to Imani's frost bomb

Once again it looks like Hi Rez has taken a sledgehammer to a problem that needed a scalpel. Not only did they slow down Imani's frost bomb but they also changed the card that increased the root to a card that increases its speed. So now it's a slow moving ball with a root that can't be increases on a 20 second cool down that isn't affected by chronos. Absolutely ridiculous.

I'd be fine with the nerf to speed AND root time but to balance it out, the cooldown should be reduced. A 20 second cooldown for what it does now is waaaay too long.

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    there is a loadout card that reduces the cooldown of frost bomb and inferno cannon by up to five seconds when you switch stances, there is also a card that flat out reduces the cooldown of elemental shift by up to five seconds...
    in reality imani needed those nerfs, her frost bomb was an easy pick that could turn the tide of team fights to easily, now, with the right cards she can still have a frost bomb build.
    Last edited by Koopakid; 05-31-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: fixed elemental "shit" to elemental "shift"
    #make-ash-angry-again!
    ign:koopa
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallachia View Post
    Oh hai <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvik View Post
    just imagine buck in a speedo...
    if you have a bug, please click
    -->here<--
    if you need to vent, check out this months rage thread (July) by clicking
    -->here<--

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Frost Bomb was the best CC ability in the game, able to completely win you a team fight on its own, being as game changing as an ultimate and only having a 20 second cooldown, it 100% deserved a nerf.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Maybe I'm too old-schooled, but... hint: RESILIENCE.
    Seriously, guys? Buy resilience, that's all was in need to beat Imani. I hadn't read the patch notes, but now I finally understand why she's shit, now.
    By the way, 20 sec cooldown and... Chronos not affecting it? I thought it was a bug and going to be fixed...
    I agree with DarkSoul. Too much for a nerf.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    It needed a nerf and its a good one - the frost bomb is still resetted from doing dmg with the fire stance and you can make a heave stance shift build with low cds, as Koopakid already mentioned.

Imani is far from shit - still ding crazy burst damage with bouncing ice/inferno cannon, low cds on builds and an Ult which still wipes teams, with one ult. And the best of all - she can use now turbofrost bomb. All in one character. So yeah, the permafrost nerf was a good one.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Maybe I'm too old-schooled, but... hint: RESILIENCE.
    Seriously, guys? Buy resilience, that's all was in need to beat Imani. I hadn't read the patch notes, but now I finally understand why she's shit, now.
    By the way, 20 sec cooldown and... Chronos not affecting it? I thought it was a bug and going to be fixed...
    I agree with DarkSoul. Too much for a nerf.
    This exactly. Even with her max root, res 3 reduced it to 1/4 of 1 second. Hardly "game changing" as someone called it.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopakid View Post
    there is a loadout card that reduces the cooldown of frost bomb and inferno cannon by up to five seconds when you switch stances, there is also a card that flat out reduces the cooldown of elemental shift by up to five seconds...
    in reality imani needed those nerfs, her frost bomb was an easy pick that could turn the tide of team fights to easily, now, with the right cards she can still have a frost bomb build.
    I'm also not sure why people keep pointing out that she has a card (Heat Sink) that will reduce the CD of frost bomb when doing damage with pyre ball as if changing back and forth between elements doesn't have its own cooldown.

So while every other champion can directly reduce cool downs by simply buying Cronos you think it's reasonable for Imani to use frost bomb in ice state and then (assuming it's not on CD itself) use elemental shift to go to fire state (so I guess she'll be required to max out her Affinity card to reduce her elemental shift CD) attack with pyre ball (with her Heat Sink card maxed out) and then whenever elemental shift is done its cool down go BACK to ice state before she even has the chance to try and throw out her slow moving frost bomb again (unless you've maxed out her permafrost card)

Using this logic every Imani build would have to split 13 of their 15 loadout points between Heat Sink, Affinity, and Permafrost to make frost bomb a bit more viable when every other champion could do that same thing buy simply buying Cronos.

#MakeItMakeSenseSis

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I use that kind of loadout too. I continously switch element to lower cd, but, as in my thread about double-weapon champs, I find it totally idiotic. The whole game concept of double-weapon champs should be based on continuously switching weapons, so adding a cooldown is exactly AGAINST this.
    Plus, you are wasting 10 points on 5 to make the thing almost viable, though preventing every other possible loadout path.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage