Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new item Veteran

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

The new item Veteran

I propose to change Veteran, now Veteran can increase your max Health by {3%|3%}.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    I think Veteran could be a good card.

I see two possibilities with Veteran:

1) It keeps it current effect while adding a second which would make it the only card to do so:
    Heals X% out of combat while reducing the time to get out of combat.

2) Remove the current effect but keep the spirit of it by Reducing the time to get out of combat.

The first one could potentially make it a must pick that becomes broken while the second pick could make it a extremely viable pickup for Point Frontlines without breaking any balance.

If they were to add new cards to the game I think your idea wouldn't be too bad if they added back in "Aggression" which has been missing for way too long. So much for reworking that card.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Beta Player Marquess KicsitCsicska's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1 year registered Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    Paladins 2.0 was about separate the bonuses of the cards and the items. There are already cards for boost your HP, items shouldn't do the same thing. Veteran would be a good alternative pick instead of wait for the supporter's heal, but the supporters has so much heals and this item doesn't help you so much.
    The healer heals you to max HP in 2-3s and this item can reduce the regenaration time from 10s to 8s. This is not competitive.
    Veteran would be better with a hard buff, e.g. increase its efficiency by 50%: {6|6}% regenerate.
    Thanks for reading my post!

Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I remember talking about that idea to make verteran decrease the duration of the Out-of-combat timer. In the end it was agreed that it would be too powerful paired with abilities like billow. However after the billow nerf and Evie getting her own ice block heal card I think this would be a proper way to rework Veteran and make it the item you pick when you have no support (which it kinda already is, but only for high HP tanks with no self sustain and it sucks).

Increasing the value tho would probably be an even better way. So in the end you wait the same time for the heal to start, but would get to full HP with veteran 3 within like 1 or 2 seconds.
    The ability to read often turns out to be incredibly helpful. I'd appreciate if you'd consider to read a post before you embarrass yourself with a dumb reply.

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I completely agree with the change I always thought it would be good I have such change the basic I propose is
    1 second reduction with 2% scale it's not much as 2% is 40hp per second and Even with 3 of it it will take 4second to heal full 2000hp damage or foank
    And it will start in 2 second may seem lot fast but it will change game entirely washing of caut with out of combat will become to popular I sily suggest it

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    I think Veteran could be a good card.

I see two possibilities with Veteran:

1) It keeps it current effect while adding a second which would make it the only card to do so:
    Heals X% out of combat while reducing the time to get out of combat.

2) Remove the current effect but keep the spirit of it by Reducing the time to get out of combat.

The first one could potentially make it a must pick that becomes broken while the second pick could make it a extremely viable pickup for Point Frontlines without breaking any balance.

If they were to add new cards to the game I think your idea wouldn't be too bad if they added back in "Aggression" which has been missing for way too long. So much for reworking that card.
    The second option would make it great for flanks or dps because tanks have a low hp regen when out of combat (i mean, Viktor recovers 50 per tick but Leviathan Makoa recovers 66, and Leviathan Makoa have twice and more hp than Viktor)

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    veteran doesn't need any change
    making it reducing out of combat time would make it broken for some champs

veteran is usable in some situation on some champs, I tend to use it on flankers in some vertical maps for exemple

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Veteran has its uses.
    Characters with base kit healing amps or sustained healing can profit off the minor HP bonuses it can bring.

Rebound Grover
    Earthen Guard Inara with Tremors
    These are some instances where vet and getting a moment of out of combat can restore half your hp in the blink of an eve.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AyyDimitri View Post
    Veteran has its uses.
    Characters with base kit healing amps or sustained healing can profit off the minor HP bonuses it can bring.

Rebound Grover
    Earthen Guard Inara with Tremors
    These are some instances where vet and getting a moment of out of combat can restore half your hp in the blink of an eve.
    It still sounds like only mobile champs would benefit from it tho.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well technically.... champions who have the ability to brake out of combat profit the most off Veteran, not just champs with mobility.

Yes Mobility is a great tool to retreat out of line of sight, e.g out of combat.
    Abilities that deny line of sight like Inara's wall that can function as an aid to get out of combat.
    Even spectral abilities like seris' shadow walk works in tandem with out of combat healing.

Combine Veteran + Self Sustain Healing + Increased Healing Windows tactics for faster out of combat recovery.
    Veteran can be just as viable as Life Rip, especially when the enemy has high cauterise, but lascklustre mobility or positioning to secure a kill.

There are characters and builds that can recover around +1500HP per/sec with self sustain.
    Getting your own personal seris heal out of combat is part of playstyle of some champions, making them faster to recover from bruising damage then others.

Sure it can be argued that vet is semi usless in a 1v1...
    But it is a healing item that requires team zoning or enemy slaying, and requires the team to act like a party rather then support heals every booboo.