Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fernando, the foam Knight

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Fernando, the foam Knight

Since the beginning of the season 2, he become the Front-Line the least played, O think due to his mediocre talent.

- Formidable : You no longer receive damage bonus from Headshot and bonus damage receive is reduce by 50% and Immortal duration increase by 1s.

I think the current talent is wobbly. "Good" at the beginning but non-existent at the ending because you can't choose when activate the heal, sometime the talent is activate when you have caut 3 and become useless. And for the bonus damage reduction, for exemple Cassie with the talent Big Game the bonus damage on you will be of 5% and not 10%.

I don't want to change Aegis, its the talent for the new player.

- Fire ball : Damage increase 450 --> 500.

- Charge Damage increase 200 --> 500.

Fernando doesn't have enough damage, his Flame Lance deal 350 per seconds and 200 bonus damage over 2s at short/mid range.

- Safe Travel : After Charge you have {4%|4%} damage reduction for 3s.

Give a bonus shield its useless, because against Fernando wrecker is not an option.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    At least at ranked Fernando is not even close to be the least played tank. This is Torvald, which makes sense since he is soooo not fun to play. Nando's popularity is still dropping though and already under average.

- Formidable: It should be like Atlas full-heal or be activated like: "when shield up below 30% HP" or ignore caut or somehow else give Nando the ability to make full use of it.

Fireball was nerfed purposefully to reduce his damage output and also his "sprinting card". Maybe those abilities could be talents. One for run-by-fireball and one for more-damage-by-fireball.

The shield also has the stun-problem. So shield-bonus Nando can be countered by Terminus or Khan.
    Last edited by M3RC3N4RI0; 05-31-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wrecker, dozer, caut now effect Fireball....
    Damage/Tank hybrid needs to have more utility on ranged offence ability.

Scorch - Fireball additionally applies 1s of additional burning damage. 100 extra damage if not already burning.

Aegis - Gain's CC Immunity while in shield.

Formidable - Ult restores your health up to 1000 hp per second, based on missig health.

Cards
    Shield CD reduction by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds

When shield is deactivated, gain 6/12/18/24/30 DR for 3s

Fireball burns for 0.25/0.5/0.75/1/1.25 seconds.

Hitting a foe with fireball reduces the CD of Shield by 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 Seconds.

Activating charge Restores 100/200/300/400/500 HP

Beta Player Baronet Vampragon43's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    It isn't about his base kit being weak, he is actually pretty good. It's just that his talents are very strange and situational.
    I made a thread about reworking his talents, including Formidable. My idea for Formidable it is that it turns from a general talent to an ultimate-based talent where it gives his ultimate CC immunity to allies and heals them after it ends.

Other than that, I made reworks to Aegis and Scorch as well.
    Link is here if you're interested.

Skye: "So, if Paladins has breasts...

Sombra: "And Overwatch has butts..."

Skye: "...then what does TF2 have?"

Spy: "Legs."

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    fernando is the weakest tank on the game cause they nerf him so hard his so easy to get killed cause the game got soo many sniper range buff flankers and damager.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoduck3 View Post
    fernando is the weakest tank on the game cause they nerf him so hard his so easy to get killed cause the game got soo many sniper range buff flankers and damager.
    Actually, if you know how to play Fernando well and use him as intended, and if you have a good team, he is one tough cookie. It's often that I might have four opponents on my butt while they pretty much ignore the rest of my confused and lost teammates. Now, if my team acttually works together, we can usually win.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    Actually, if you know how to play Fernando well and use him as intended, and if you have a good team, he is one tough cookie. It's often that I might have four opponents on my butt while they pretty much ignore the rest of my confused and lost teammates. Now, if my team acttually works together, we can usually win.
    but makoa, khan can survive way too long, and got range and deal way more more dmg than fernando

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    but makoa, khan can survive way too long, and got range and deal way more more dmg than fernando
    As Fernando, I'm not interested in doing damage. My job is to shield and protect. I attack/kill when I'm forced to.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Member Baronet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    As Fernando, I'm not interested in doing damage. My job is to shield and protect. I attack/kill when I'm forced to.
    but fernando shield got long cooldown while makoa got long cooldown also but he got def all around him.
    fernando shield got long cooldown but khan can get up and down if you want to and no cooldown.
    ruckus and tor got shield up always but they can atk but fernando need to hold but when its down he got no extra def on that.

Level
    Achievements:
    but fernando shield got long cooldown while makoa got long cooldown also but he got def all around him.
    fernando shield got long cooldown but khan can get up and down if you want to and no cooldown.
    ruckus and tor got shield up always but they can atk but fernando need to hold but when its down he got no extra def on that.
    That's when a good team comes in handy. When I've had good teams, especially ones that communicate, we've had more consistant wins than losses. That cooldown period is nothing when I have a good Support nearby. And that's when I go into killer mode until my shield is ready.

We are the "balance".

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"