Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are we just ignoring that Viktor now has a better self-heal than most supports??

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Overpowered. Not broken, but overpowered.

Still can't find myself picking Viktor over Tyra though.
    Damage: Tyra/Strix/Imani
    Flank: Moji/Skye/Zhin
    Frontline:Makoa/Khan/Barik
    Support: Everyone Except Furia

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Viktor used to have talents that helped him survive flanks. They took all his damage talents away and left him with burst mode. Now he just gets destoyed by flanks and this is hi rez attempt to fix it.

Its still gargage, you do have to have caut 3 to deal with him but you were going to buy it any way so doesnt really hurt you to rush it.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Sorry if I don't quote everyone, but I'm on mobile.

@Buoy
    My point was that everyone and their mothers has commented against Jenos (or in general other supports, but Jenos I think it's the most evident one) because, being a support, he should be played as healing bot or nothing else (something happening to all supports except Grohk). This has lead to many unneeded nerf, that have been justified by community (hint: most not support players) with the fact that "a support can already heal [but not himself!!!], so he should not have also that dmg and that mobility". Now we have a DD that was in no way in need of help (he was doing just fine, while requiring no skill, since Viktor is probably the most basic champ in the game) that can run forever, with 3rd view (something used to justify Jenos' cd on F), HUGE self heals (so he should not deal dmg, see above), super range and great mobility.
    My previous post was to remind all the geniuses implying this reason (you can deal dmg or heal [others], having both would be OP) that they should now ask for super nerf on Viktor out of pure coherence.
    The real fact is, they weren't asking for Jenos' nerf for *reasons*, but for a support should only be played as heal bot, or they (bad players) would have never been able to exploit the unjustified advantage on balance their champs have, to beat a good Jenos player in 1vs1.

@Shadowpuppy
    Talents were supposed to allow different play styles. All the talents on Viktor (and on other champs, see Cassie for example) are there just to add different bonus dmg. Considering the short TTK and the burst dmg that are afflicting the game since a year, removing all those things was for the best.
    In general, yes, he is destroyed by flankers, as everyone else. The problem was not giving back Viktor an OP buff, but to finally NERF THOSE DAMN DMG ON FLANKERS. So, I got your point, but I still think this decision was just stupid.
    Till you get enough credits to reach Caut3, you just see random Viktors running in circles above the point, ignoring even a Drogoz shooting at them. In one of my game, our Drogoz was so frustrated, that he used his ulties on Viktor, instead than on Ash, go, figure!

So, rework for Viktor, in order to give him a more interesting kit? Yes.
    Stupid buff that makes Viktor self healing more than whatever support (that has no the same dmg output or mobility, by the way)? Absolutely no.

In general, the fact that this game has become a "the fastest to reach Caut 3 wins" competition is sad. I keep saying that they should lower burst dmg, give supports back their HP, mobility and dmg and nerf their damn healing output (to others). This would finally remove the Cauterize meta.
    Supports are not healing bots. This path is severely damaging the game.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    Sorry if I don't quote everyone, but I'm on mobile.

@Buoy
    My point was that everyone and their mothers has commented against Jenos (or in general other supports, but Jenos I think it's the most evident one) because, being a support, he should be played as healing bot or nothing else (something happening to all supports except Grohk). This has lead to many unneeded nerf, that have been justified by community (hint: most not support players) with the fact that "a support can already heal [but not himself!!!], so he should not have also that dmg and that mobility". Now we have a DD that was in no way in need of help (he was doing just fine, while requiring no skill, since Viktor is probably the most basic champ in the game) that can run forever, with 3rd view (something used to justify Jenos' cd on F), HUGE self heals (so he should not deal dmg, see above), super range and great mobility.
    My previous post was to remind all the geniuses implying this reason (you can deal dmg or heal [others], having both would be OP) that they should now ask for super nerf on Viktor out of pure coherence.
    The real fact is, they weren't asking for Jenos' nerf for *reasons*, but for a support should only be played as heal bot, or they (bad players) would have never been able to exploit the unjustified advantage on balance their champs have, to beat a good Jenos player in 1vs1.
    woah, I never knew that.

Still can't believe there are people ridiculous enough to expect Pip to healbot, or really anyone to heal bot since only few people enjoy playing defenseless hide and seek the game.

So, rework for Viktor, in order to give him a more interesting kit? Yes.
    Stupid buff that makes Viktor self healing more than whatever support (that has no the same dmg output or mobility, by the way)? Absolutely no.
    Don't forget to make Lex interesting too, yes he's getting his old guns back via talents, thats 1 playstyle now for like, 1 or 2 more.

In general, the fact that this game has become a "the fastest to reach Caut 3 wins" competition is sad.
    sounds like the perfect time to nerf healing and buff anything else that makes a character fun to play as.

I keep saying that they should lower burst dmg, give supports back their HP, mobility and dmg and nerf their damn healing output (to others). This would finally remove the Cauterize meta.
    Supports are not healing bots. This path is severely damaging the game.
    (also no prob about not being able to quote.)

side note, Buck is still extermely meh, I'm glad he got a buff that wasn't that large scale or sweeping.
    (increased clip by 1= 700 dmg)

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Not every flank is insane. Evie is balanced and yes, Buck is in need of a buff. We should work on the others...
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    viktor cardio talent 400 heals is just plain cheezy he can survive on any barrage of atk 3 or 4 players barrage on lvl 3 cauterize his more like a nuisance than a DMG class he dont even need support if his cardio can heal him 400 they need to nerf it to 320 thats better than 400.

the only way to stop viktor on cardio are cripple which is the only way to stop him cause cauterzie wont even work cause he can run forever while flanker need a long cooldown which is hard for them to catch up on cardio viktor 400 heals

if you cant beat cardio viktor you need to be a cardio viktor doing a scooby doo chase scene.
    Last edited by cocoduck3; 05-28-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    I agree that this was a silly way to make cardio worth it. The problem with cardio is it didnt heal enough to get away. Because it takes a second ro active.

They should have just removed it and given him a good talent. But if they wanted to keep it.

Cadio 500 heal on activation on a 10 second cool down with the normal 250 a second while running. Vic can escape but not sustain on point.

New Cadio Talent
    Team members get the boost while running within a certain radious of viktor running. This would make for an interesting team work based talent.

Level
    Achievements:
    actually just make it 250 on activation and it clears caut on activation would probably make it work. But its still a garbage talent.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    400 is a bit too much if they reduce it to 320 its a ok cause ive been playing cardio and it hardly killed victor the max death i played in 11 match are 4 all i do is run and shoot and run and they cant reduce the HP hard if you keep on running and it took 3 ult just to stop me if you got no support victor is a walking tank of harassment, even they focus on cripple resilience can cover that up like its nothing.

i swear evilmojo didnt even play the game it if its OP or balance every time they buff or nerf a character.
    Last edited by cocoduck3; 05-29-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Beta Player Viscount SnowzStormz's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Dont push for a nerf to this talent... iam afraid of the jenos treatment to his sprint.

Get rid of the cardio talent and reinstate hipfire with a 5 % nerf to the bonus dmg.

All that said...i dont find the talent too strong.. out the gate lvl 1 caut 280 hp per sec
    lvl 2 caut 140 hp per sec