View Poll Results: What do you think about these talent reworks/changes?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • All of them are good changes

0 0%
  • Some of them are good changes (reply which ones you think are bad)

1 100.00%
  • None of them are good changes (reply why you think they are bad)

0 0%

Thread: Talent Reworks/Changes

Beta Player Baronet Vampragon43's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered

Lightbulb Talent Reworks/Changes

So, seeing as how there are a few talents that don't fit into the game for any number of reasons, I took it upon myself to try and make reworks or otherwise decent changes for many of them. Here's what I came up with. Obviously, I don't have reworked talents for every champion because most of them don't need any.

Atlas
    Unstable Fissure
    Activating Second Chance leaves behind an unstable fissure that explodes after 3 seconds, dealing 100 damage and Banishing any enemies hit for 2 seconds.
    Let's be real here. This talent was pretty dumb. Giving a raw damage bomb to Atlas didn't make any sense at all. Making a bomb when you use your escape move seems much more like something that should belong to Skye or Zhin rather than a tank.

Barik
    Architectonics
    Turret's cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds, and you can have up to 4 turrets active at a time.
    Rather than giving a small damage boost to his turrets while keeping them otherwise the same, I thought it would be much more interesting to allow Barik to have more turrets at a time but at a much lower cooldown. This would also synergize well with many of his cards to give the player an actual reason to use Architectonics over Tinkerin or even Fortify.

Fernando
    Aegis
    Shield now has an infinite duration, grants 20% movement speed while held, and the cooldown is reduced to 12 seconds.
    Just a slight bump that I think would give Fernando a better ability to shield his team with a talent that is mainly designed to help you do just that.

Formidable
    Immortal now grants CC immunity to allies, heals both you and your allies for 10% max health every second, and charges 15% faster.
    The old Formidable was weird. It was like Grohk's old Wraith talent in that it let him survive once in a while, but that's it. The idea of talents is to provide a constant change in how you play, so having a talent that saves you once and then does nothing else for 45 seconds just felt strange. I know that the ultimate-based talents do basically the same thing, but the difference is that ultimates are under the player's full control, rather than being used automatically like what the old Formidable did. Also, the constant ult charge increase is always good.

Ruckus
    Flux Generator
    Activating Emitter now grants a 1000 health shield to all allies within 50 units that lasts for 3.5 seconds and its cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds.
    I made this rework to give Ruckus some more variety in playstyle, and to allow him to be more of a team tank rather than solely being a tank-damage hybrid.

Torvald
    Thanks, Grandpa
    (Renamed to Alternating Current)
    Recharge's shield gain is decreased to 1500 per second, but its duration is increased to 4 seconds, and it can be aimed at enemy shields to siphon them by 1000 per second, increasing the amount of shield gained from the ability by that same amount. Additionally, the shield gained from Recharge can now go over the limit. Any excess shield will decay by 20% of its current value per second.

I think that it was incredibly redundant to have 2 talents that affect Protection in very similar ways, so I wanted to make a talent that would instead change Recharge back into the way it was a long time ago, before Torvald was reworked. The excess shield mechanic would also give him some much needed self-sustain to make Wrecker slightly less impossible to deal with as Torvald.

Thanks for reading to the end. Feedback is appreciated, and as such I will be editing this thread according to any feedback I get.
    Last edited by Vampragon43; 05-14-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added a concluding section and fixed grammar errors

Skye: "So, if Paladins has breasts...

Sombra: "And Overwatch has butts..."

Skye: "...then what does TF2 have?"

Spy: "Legs."