Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Flankers are the weakest class in the game, buff them!

Beta Player Sovereign Prince Shadowpuppy's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Flanks are not in any form weak in this game. They do in fact take a lot more patience to play againt good players.

Its not just run intonbackline and 1v1 the firts person you see.

Allot of people play them as damage and then say they are underpowed.

Andro is really hard to keep alive, you have to be jn perfect position all the time that your dashes are down. If you can keep your dashes up with reset its much easier.

Evie is really easy to stay alive but can spend to much time moving around and have no damage so she reqires good postion to get optimal damage. You can pole anoy but that can only help so much.

Buck needs work and one round is not going to to do it... That delay on his heal makes the heal almost pointless.

Lex can only be played with max slide distance and cc slide legendary. as his mobility is total shit without it.

Maeve is really strong. Just take practice. The heal on pouncd activation was a pretty good buff.
    Note maeve fires two daggers and not at the same time.

If you are tracking some one you have to lead them for both daggers to hit. Its alao possible to hit two people with 1 dagger if your flick aiming.
    If you are moving your cross hair while firing your daggers are not hitting the same place. People think she is weak because they are flick aiming and only hitting one of her daggers every shot

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by driggydrug View Post
    You're complaining about flankers because you "compare" them to supports.
    1) the game should be balanced as a whole, aka: each champ has the same opportunities to win a 1vs1, according to player's skill.
    2) you are the one naming this thread "flankers are the weakest class in the game", so you are considering them, as a class, in comparison to the other classes.

Supports are actually ez kills for everyone, not only for flankers
    And that is incredibly wrong. The difference is that everyone is ez kills for almost every flankers. So, flankers, due to their huge burst dmg, plus great escapes, plus self sustain, plus shields etc, allows an incredibly forgiving play style. And that's why we're all complaining for flankers and not for DDs.

As I said 900 times they have to "fight" in 1v1 damagers and supports in backline , this should be an equal fight but actually it isn't (because supports and flankers are UP and damagers are OP)
    No. Check stats. Supports are shit, some DD are weak, flankers, in general, except for a couple of them, are incredibly BROKEN at whatever tier is not pro level.

I strongly suggest you to check Paladins wikia. Go there and check the buff/nerf log for each champ before and after big mobility nerf. In case you'd need help to understand the results of those changes (reading them on a table is not so intuitive as seeing the results in game), I'll be glad to help.
    I've finally found it!

New to the forum? Have a look >>>here<<<! Some useful answers.

#AggressiveSupports
    I'm tired of repeating the same things, watch this: link

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkure View Post
    1) the game should be balanced as a whole, aka: each champ has the same opportunities to win a 1vs1, according to player's skill.
    2) you are the one naming this thread "flankers are the weakest class in the game", so you are considering them, as a class, in comparison to the other classes.

And that is incredibly wrong. The difference is that everyone is ez kills for almost every flankers. So, flankers, due to their huge burst dmg, plus great escapes, plus self sustain, plus shields etc, allows an incredibly forgiving play style. And that's why we're all complaining for flankers and not for DDs.

No. Check stats. Supports are shit, some DD are weak, flankers, in general, except for a couple of them, are incredibly BROKEN at whatever tier is not pro level.

I strongly suggest you to check Paladins wikia. Go there and check the buff/nerf log for each champ before and after big mobility nerf. In case you'd need help to understand the results of those changes (reading them on a table is not so intuitive as seeing the results in game), I'll be glad to help.

In poor words: revert every patch after ob54 and make paladins fun, balanced and great again

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    supports ain't shit, players playing supports are, they are damn heal bots, if they took some time to think and shoot...
    also when your team isn't brainless and open their eyes mabe they'll see half the enemy team flanking
    above D3 you need to be really super good with a flank not to get rekt by all the lians cassie and bk around, also most tanks can destroy flanks easily
    do you play flank? do you know how hard it is?

for once i finally think most flanks are more or less balanced, especially with next patch andro will be perfect while amybe lex will be better

Level
    Achievements:
    what are they doing to Lex?

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpuppy View Post
    what are they doing to Lex?
    giving a talent that change his guns

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Tagger First Class 50000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    In poor words: revert every patch after ob54 and make paladins fun, balanced and great again
    Maybe you're joking, but that's what actually me and many other veteran players have been asking since Big Mobility Nerf ^^'
    Except for few minor unbalances, the game was great at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    supports ain't shit, players playing supports are, they are damn heal bots, if they took some time to think and shoot...
    Tang, focus on this. I've written the same thing around, but the concept is best explained with this numbers (random numbers, just to get the concept).
    Basic kit of a support: 50 dmg and 50 heals
    Healing-bot legendary and play style: 50 dmg and 200 heals
    Aggressive legendary and play style: 80 dmg and 50 heals
    I am surely not a heal-bot player, but when going full dmg grants you just a bit more than the basic kit, while waving goodbye 150 heals, you can easily understand that dmg play style is under-performing. I am in no way saying that 1) there aren't people who don't LIKE healing-bot style and 2) healing bot isn't the easiest and most boring thing you can do in this game, but from a mere numeric point of view, is the only one available now for support.
    I keep playing Ying aggressively, but with dim link nerfed, the bug on shatter and dim link and now the nerf on Brittle, I have to put 10 times the efforts and still can't get my usual past result. Do you really think that all those picking LE shall be punished for choosing the only thing that's still giving you decent result with average efforts?
    I don't think that ALL stupid players now use supports, while all SUPER players now use only flank. There is a reason flankers are over performing at each tier and I don't think it's due for the superior skill of the players.

Flanks have insane burst dmg, plus best self-healing and mobility of the game. Check Ravielsk's old post: he performed some Math considering "if an Andro and a Damba meet, hitting all their shoots, what would happen?". Andro needed less than half the time to kill Damba, than vice-versa. Without even considering nether stepping around to regain heals or using reversal.
    It is not a matter of skill, it is a matter that, happened 2 days ago, even if you're a bad Andro and cannot avoid the beam, and are stunned, I've hit you twice, damaged with Solar Beam, pressed F to further lower your HP, and I was still in need of another shoot to kill you. He shot me twice and spammed fist. I was dead. Even if he was the worst Andro I've ever seen (not avoiding the beam, come on!).
    This is what people are complaining.

Talus with his Q? Good luck in surviving or firing back in time, you can't. You can't also avoid that, because he's faster than you. Skye with poison sniping from her base behind Nando's shield? The immortal Zhin. Sniping Maeve. Spamming Andro, with super Nether Step back. Auto aim Lex with wall hack and insane amount of credits. Spam around Moji.
    And on the other side, you have Jenos, nerfed eleven times, that can just raise one of them, giving them a better position to shoot him. Seriously?

Flankers are FINISHERS. The game was (and should again be) balanced in order that a flanker closing in to an enemy at full life with ability-ready should die. Easy as that. The skill in playing flankers should be, again, in positioning and in strategy: find the best moment and place to close in, get the kills and run away, before they melt you. Because, you, flanker, have the best mobility, but self-heals, but nothing else.
    Not facing an ulting Makoa at full life and melt him in 2 sec. That's not a flanker, that's a shit.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports

"It's just Casual/ Go Ranked if you want a decent team/You are low tier, so you're bad." Rage

Level
    Achievements:
    flankers aren't in a good spot at high elo, also jenos any support is annoying for a flank, and most damage are too, and ofc flanks can't fight multiple enemies at same time without being dead
    I play flank a lot, I still die everytime I try attack someone and a damage or support come help him

Level
    Achievements:
    Its easy to kill people with flank. It hard to not die 3 seconds after the kill.

This is where game since and timing make the difference bewteen 15 - 14 Andro and
    15 - 7 Andro

Dont die
    Flank is very dynamic role, you dont just do one thing. Your not flanking all the time..

Generally i never flank on round one as at the start of the round every one is ani flanking hard core. So i start with preventing flanking with dismounts. Determine where you should be based on the number of people you dismounted.

Aslo if your flanking and you run into no one that is bad. That means the entire enemy team is one on point or flanking the other direction. Thats a 4v5 if you dont react quick to get back to the action.

Many flanks get to aggressive and chase to much. Some times just letting that guy go out of combat heal is ok to lay into another player.

I. cant give solid rules because if your not unpredictable your dead..

Instead of kills set a goal for the begining of every round.

aka
    im going to dismount left side
    im going to go to point and make barik us his shield in the first 2 seconds of the point battle
    im going to make seis shadow travel.

You dont have to kill anything.
    Making people burn skills early can make a big impact

While youe achiving something you evaluate where thebenemy team is based on exclusion and react.

As upu do this more you will. learn what works when where and against who.

Level
    Achievements:
    @TangAce: if flankers are monsters at whatever tier EXCEPT for pro tier, the problem is not "let's buff them, for pro tier", but "let's nerf them, for the 98% of the people playing this game" ^^'
    About "flanks can't fight multiple enemies at same time without being dead", that's true for ALL the champs in this game. With the difference that supports can't even fight ONE enemy without being dead, if that enemy is a flanker. And against some flankers, no one can fight and survive for the insane dmg output they can put in no time (so that enemy has no time to react based on the solely dps performance). So this is surely not a proof flankers are weak. They are (some of them) not so fucking broken to be able to kill 5 enemies in a group, usually, but I wouldn't call "not being able to kill 5 enemies in a group" a bad thing.
    For the sake of completeness, I would like to remind that flankers are not designed to win whatever 1vs1, but the 1vs1 against a squishy, aka an enemy low in HP, with abilities in cooldown that retreats from the fight. So, if the flank is SO DAMN STUPID to face a full HP supports with ability-ready, yes, the flank should die. The skill to play flank is to know when and where to close in, shoot once or twice, then flee after getting the kill.
    I've finally found it!

#AggressiveSupports