Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Skins that look Nothing like the Champion

  1. #11
    Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,780
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,390, Level: 65
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Again, she has the most unique weapon in the game. If her eyes confuse you so much you don't even notice the most unique weapon in the game I don't know how to help you.

  2. #12
    Beta Player Duke marantzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,826
    Level
    55
    Points: 7,093, Level: 55
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknation View Post
    Just because you can tell by looking for their weapon doesn't mean newer players won't have a problem. Personally I can see inara from battle byte inara but newer players complain all the time.

    Also it is when you already have white female characters in the game with the same height. The eye mask makes her different than lian/cassie but now you can't tell anymore.
    To be honest I don't know where people complain but I've never seen anyone complain about this. I'm not saying it doesn't happen or that you're lying, but I've never seen it

    Also, if the only reason this annoys you is because new players get confused, they only need to play more and get more experienced. If they're new, they won't only get confused about who is who because of skins, but they'll also be consfused in the beginning because of the card system and game mechanics, that doesn't mean we have to simplify it, they just need to play more and learn

  3. #13
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    51
    Level
    14
    Points: 789, Level: 14
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Again, she has the most unique weapon in the game. If her eyes confuse you so much you don't even notice the most unique weapon in the game I don't know how to help you.
    No need to be rude. I said it was an issue for newer players not me.
    Last edited by pinknation; 05-03-2019 at 02:52 AM.

  4. #14
    Member Knight
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    51
    Level
    14
    Points: 789, Level: 14
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    wouldn't the worst be dragon caller cassie and battlebyte inara since they both look like Lian
    Yeah I was too lazy to list them all haha, I think the newer Seris is the worst by far because it looks nothing like her. In fact the skin looks more like me

  5. #15
    Beta Player Baronet driggydrug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    123
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,148, Level: 27
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Oh finally somebody said it!
    Stop making theese ultra deteailed skins, make simple design skins again!
    The new seris and inara skins look like new different champions...
    What about recolors?? Pls bring back recolors

  6. #16
    Member Baron coremaxp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    341
    Level
    26
    Points: 1,968, Level: 26
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I'm agree that a skin (although completely different from the default one), should never change the main traits of a character (like in the case of Cottontail skin). Moreover, I think the revelation of Seris face deserved a better skin concept than a playmate.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN

  7. #17
    Beta Player Count Avatarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Vect(0,0,0);
    Posts
    567
    Level
    44
    Points: 4,832, Level: 44
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I've seen this coming when Hi-Rez removed mix&match system and showcased some concept arts, but some of the post-release skins were simply made for "guess who's who" game.

    Archangel Tyra (are you Furia or what?), Soul Eater Jenos, Remix Strix, Battle Byte Bomb King, End Times Imani. All of these skins are confusing as they change characters' appearances way too much.

    Bring back recolors with mix&match system for skins released prior to OB68!
    Bring back Lifelike and revert Smoke and Dagger!

  8. #18
    Member Baron coremaxp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    341
    Level
    26
    Points: 1,968, Level: 26
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatarus View Post
    All of these skins are confusing as they change characters' appearances way too much.
    I think a skin can be also totally different from the default one, but as I said before, it must keep the main traits of the character.
    In the Seris case, the main traits are: covered face, blindfold, headgear and long skirt. At least one of these characteristic must be present in my opinion (characteristics that are not present in Cottontail skin and this makes the character unrecognizable). They even changed the silhouette and the voice pack is inappropriate. It will be also a sexy and cool skin, but as concept is wrong.
    Also for Nox character in smite (she is similar to seris) they've realized a "bunny" version (BunBun), but in this case she maintain some of the main traits of the character (covered face and long skirt).
    Same discourse for the uncovered face version (Dragon Priestess) where is present the long skirt, the silhouette is always the same and the voice pack is good.

    Anyway, I'm sure that Cottontail Seris will still be a success, because the Playmate theme is hot.
    Last edited by coremaxp1; 05-07-2019 at 03:55 AM.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN

  9. #19
    Member Baron Zzyrks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    341
    Level
    17
    Points: 1,035, Level: 17
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by coremaxp1 View Post
    I think a skin can be also totally different from the default one, but as I said before, it must keep the main traits of the character.
    In the Seris case, the main traits are: covered face, blindfold, headgear and long skirt. At least one of these characteristic must be present in my opinion (characteristics that are not present in Cottontail skin and this makes the character unrecognizable). They even changed the silhouette and the voice pack is inappropriate. It will be also a sexy and cool skin, but as concept is wrong.
    Also for Nox character in smite (she is similar to seris) they've realized a "bunny" version (BunBun), but in this case she maintain some of the main traits of the character (covered face and long skirt).
    Same discourse for the uncovered face version (Dragon Priestess) where is present the long skirt, the silhouette is always the same and the voice pack is good.

    Anyway, I'm sure that Cottontail Seris will still be a success, because the Playmate theme is hot.
    Again, just look at the skins, people are using during the loading screen.
    Just because I play on the Nintendo Switch, doesn’t automatically mean I’m bad.
    Console needs in-game chat!

  10. #20
    Member Baron coremaxp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    341
    Level
    26
    Points: 1,968, Level: 26
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzyrks View Post
    Again, just look at the skins, people are using during the loading screen.
    I just remind you that cosmetic items are the main source of income of this company (with which they pay their employees) and that without it the game would no longer be supported.

    Anyway, my was just a consideration towards a skin concept in my opinion wrong.
    WEKONO'S CHOSEN

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •