Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skins that look Nothing like the Champion

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points

Question Skins that look Nothing like the Champion

This is a problem when it is hard to tell what champion is in view when they don't hold similar characteristics to the default.

Example: Battle Byte Inara

The default has a crop top & long skirt. Iron madam keeps these characteristics well and you can tell at a first glance that it's her. Even the themes match her overall theme. Rock/Iron/Ice = Elements. Battle byte inara has a long ponytail, a short dress, long stockings..nothing like the default. I've played with people who were confused who the champion was wearing that skin (note these people hadn't been playing much, so wouldn't it be the msot confusing to newer players?) She looks like a tall lady. Nothing interesting, nothing relevant to Inara.

Example 2 (the worst yet): Cottontail Seris (A skin coming early June)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5fy2YNW0AAs-Ym.jpg:large

I...I don't know where to start. All her previous skins hide their eyes to match the default skin. They hold an orb-like weapon that stands out, they either have short or no hair visible, and a long-wrapped skirt (or dress flaring out in the same way). This new skin...holds no similarities to Seris. She looks like no champion in the game. She has a big bunny as an orb? No skirt, no dress. Eyes VISIBLE. She's a playboy bunny. A playboy bunny. What makes you think of playboy when you see Seris? The Remix skin, although it doesn't have the same personality as Seris holds the same physical characteristics with the veil attached to her armor. The orb also stands out a lot. But most of all, YOU CAN'T SEE HER EYES.

So who is she?? Nobody knows.

I feel like these are going to become more popular with the game unless more people speak out. There's other examples but these stand out the most. There's a certain game...starting with O that knows how to make good skins without removing characteristics of the default skin. It's not hard, just requires more creativity. What's not being creative is thinking "What's sexy? Oh, playboy! Let's make a skin for...who needs one? Oh, Seris!" No. Please make skins using your default champions not making the skin first then assigning it to one.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    I think the different skins for each character makes the game more interesting. The more skin options, the more personalization of the same character we can all have. As for character personality? Why not just infuse our own, or any of our choosing?

I have one character that I have found the perfect skin for and he doesn't look or sound like tne original. I have a few characters where I am satisfied (for now) with their default skins. And then I have other characters that I have yet to see the skins that would be perfect for me.

Again, with more skin options, the more personalization we can have with the characters that we love to play.

My opinion, of course. I'm probably alone in this.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 05-01-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    I think the different skins for each character makes the game more interesting. The more skin options, the personalization of the same character we can all have. As for personality? Why not just infuse our own?

I have one character that I have found the perfect skin for and he doesn't look or sound like tne original. I have a fea characters that I am satisfied (for now) with their default skins. And then I have other characters that I have yet to see the skins tnat would be perfect for me.

Again, with more skin options, the personalization we can have with the characters that we love to play.

My opinion, of course. I'm probably alone in this.
    Personalization doesn't work for a game with already-made champions. You basically create a new champion by making a skin irrelevant to the champion. It's not you you're playing, it's the champion. Personalization works for games like IMVU or hell, fortnite. There's no characters to choose from, you are your character and what you make of it.

Paladins literally states it's a game with 'Champions of the Realm.' They even have descriptions of who they are, where they come from, what their personality is. Why have that if you're not going to follow it? Like I said, there's no problem with skins that don't fit their personality as long as you can tell who it is and the characteristics fit the default. But you can't disregard both. It's both or one of them.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    Personalization is very possible with this game. We all bring it with us when we enter the lobby, or when a match starts. From skins to our own game play to the way we communicate.

What us a "realm"? My home, the city I live in is my realm. We generally do not carry swords or ride horses.

Paladins takes place in a fantasy world/reality where anything is possible.

Look at the Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare series. Zombies? Really?

The point to my point is there is no point. My opinion is my own. With that said, I am off to The Realm. Wherever that is.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 05-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    Personalization is very possible with this game. We all bring it with us when we enter the lobby, or when a match starts. From skins to our own game play to the way we communicate.

What us a "realm"? My home, the city I live in is my realm. We generally do not carry swords or ride horses.

Paladins takes place in a fantasy world/reality where anything is possible.

Look at the Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare series. Zombies? Really?

The point to my point is there is no point. My opinion is my own. With that said, I am off to The Realm. Wherever that is.
    Not really...it's a game with pre-made champions. You pick a damage champion because your team needs it. You pick A or B because it works best with the draft. I mean...if you want the 'realm' to be your home..okay? Yes it is indeed a fantasy world but we're not in some sort of IMVU universe. I guess if you play very casually you can see it that way. The issue is not everyone is a casual player like you.

I don't know the current state of COD but the first one that included Zombies made them Nazi zombies. The story-mode was based on WW2. So they do fit in a way. Also you could argue zombies follow the personality of a Nazi. I also don't see how you can compare the 2 games.

Yes you're allowed an opinion but I'm allowed to respond with my own. It is an open thread after all. You can't just reply and not want someone to answer with a different opinion.

EDIT:
    "Paladins takes place in a fantasy world/reality where anything is possible."
    like hax? LMAO sorry thought that was funny
    Last edited by pinknation; 05-01-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    You can make all of the replies that you want, no one said that you couldn't. But this is my last as I don't want to derail the diuscussion.

Are you assuming that I am a casual player because of my opinion? Tsk.

Ciao.
    Last edited by Conrad_Max; 05-01-2019 at 10:54 PM.

We are the "balance".

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Cottontail having her eyes exposed is hardly an issue for recognizing that she is, in fact, Seris in game. The weapon is still quite distinctly Seris.

Member Knight
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsCrii View Post
    Cottontail having her eyes exposed is hardly an issue for recognizing that she is, in fact, Seris in game. The weapon is still quite distinctly Seris.
    Just because you can tell by looking for their weapon doesn't mean newer players won't have a problem. Personally I can see inara from battle byte inara but newer players complain all the time.

Also it is when you already have white female characters in the game with the same height. The eye mask makes her different than lian/cassie but now you can't tell anymore.

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Why don’t people just look at what skins, and champions, people are using on the loading screen?
    Last edited by Zzyrks; 05-02-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    Just because I play on the Nintendo Switch, doesn’t automatically mean I’m bad.
    Console needs in-game chat!

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    wouldn't the worst be dragon caller cassie and battlebyte inara since they both look like Lian