Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I get kills with non-wormhole Evie?

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

How do I get kills with non-wormhole Evie?

So continuing from my last post of "Which flanks would you recommend for a clueless player like me" I decided to try out and bought Evie because 99.9% of Paladins players found her to be the most fun to play with and she's that one champion that you need to master to ascend to "pro-hood".

Problem is, not only I'm always getting matched with unfair teams (of course me being in the obviously losing team), I find it difficult to level her up to level 8 to get wormhole because I can't even get a single kill with her with any other talent because there are absolutely no good guides whatsoever on non-wormhole Evie. My leveling progress has been veeeeery slow and it's not fun going 0/8 on every match and being yelled at by teammates.

So I ask pro Evie mains out there, how do I get kills... heck how do I even play with non wormhole Evie? The other 2 talents seem awfully mediocre and very situational, not suitable for someone who's trying to learn her.
    YES I MAIN LIAN AND SHE'S NOT OP OK

BUFF PRECISION PLEASE

CURRENT FAVORED HEROES:
    LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN <3
    ASH
    ZHIN
    GROUNDROXUS

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Over the Moon is definitely a higher skill Talent, imo. Wouldn't blame you for avoiding that one, I do. Snowglobe is actually a lower skill level Talent, though. And it's kind of fun to throw out ice storms all the time. :P

When I first played Evie I did so as a blast-sniper, basically. But that doesn't work against humans, generally. So you need to move around a lot and use cover a lot since you can't take much damage. Aim for people's feet whenever possible; it's too easy to miss them entirely trying to go for a direct hit. Which means you're going to want to have a height advantage whenever possible. Also don't use Ice Block for the entire duration. It's too predictable that way.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I'd say just grind your way until lvl 8. Until then you can play with Over the Moon, poke from the distance, if you think you can get a kill, soar, and kill him. There's a card that resets Soar after you get a kill (at 5 point it resets 100%).
    But honestly, I don't find her very fun to play. Most of the time you are just poking and blinking every 4 seconds, avoiding direct confrontation. Evie gets out-DPSed even by some supports. So, I don't really find her fun to play, she is just very effective, has good sustain thanks to her FLicker card and because she can always fly away when she is in danger. And she's just very annoying, if there's a good Evie on the enemy team, as a support especially you always need to watch our for her. And yeah, even though many people consider Evie to be hard to master, if you don't like her playstyle, don't play her.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    over the moon is a bit tricky to use, either you get a kill and keep going or you miss the kill and you die
    it's great for pentas tho

Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    So uh... Over the moon and keep going 0/8 until I hit level 8? Okay that's it then.
    YES I MAIN LIAN AND SHE'S NOT OP OK

BUFF PRECISION PLEASE

CURRENT FAVORED HEROES:
    LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN LIAN <3
    ASH
    ZHIN
    GROUNDROXUS

Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Snow Globe is pretty fun and underrated. Buy Cauterize or Morale Boost, shoot at people’s feet instead of their direct body, max out Flicker, learn to hit your shots. Once you get an ultimate, use it on a non-Frontline, even better a Support. Shoot at your target the whole time until they die. It’s easy once they get stuck in your ultimate.
    Just because I play on the Nintendo Switch, doesn’t automatically mean I’m bad.
    Console needs in-game chat!

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I've never been great with Evie but she can be a lot of fun. The previous update with the keybind problem made me stop using her for the entire update. I need to practice with her again.

I liked Over the Moon while I was leveling up. Soar to where you want (not close in) then blast them with xtra damage. Great for putting damage on the point or groups.

If you are getting flak play the training modes until you get more comfortable. Just be warned that playing too much against bots can make you worse Real player TDM is mostly non-toxic and great for learning how to survive chaos. If you can learn to survive there you should be good to go for siege.

As others have said, shoot at the enemy feet - this one thing helped me the most.

When soaring avoid flying in straight lines.

Going against a full health enemy is not a good idea - DPS isn't there.

Due to the small blink delay, Ice Block is 80% death sentence if you try to blink out. Better to Soar or Ult out of the block - much easier to pull off.

If only I could remember these things myself...

Beta Player Esquire
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    u can just poke>hide>repeat from long range and learn how to hit with slow projectiles, learn how to dodge burst with block, Then later try to customize urself with blink then go for poke>soar>poke>blink above>poke>repeat. Just keep mind hes not a 1vs1 champs, u need to find opportunity, playing save, then ambush em
    #buffevie

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    just watch fisheko play (or some other pro evie)

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    just watch fisheko play (or some other pro evie)
    Uh, no, that's a horrible idea. If you happen to be very good and experienced with Evie you might get something out of watching Fisheko. Someone who isn't good with her is just going to feel completely out of their depth watching him play. He's quite arguably the best Evie player in the world. He's totally nuts on Evie. And he tends to be moving around so fast you're not going to learn anything anyway.