Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spawnkilling

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    The side effects of bots reach far deeper than just spawn camping. I would much rather find a solution to the bot problem, whatever that may be, than to change the program to accommodate an occasional annoyance.

BTW, the surrender is already there - AFK, quit, disconnect your internet, power off... It can't be stopped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The invulnerability works for TDM. I don't see that working for the siege modes. For example: 1-2 seconds is long enough for Skye to put a bomb out there and potentially stop a push. No way that's fair.
    well yeah but this is bannable offense you know, not that they really ban for this reason...

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I doubt a once in a while disconnect is going to cause a ban even if they did ban for it.

If you are stuck in the spawn just emoting aren't you technically AFK? You aren't doing anything.
    The enemy team could report you for not leaving the spawn. Ridiculous where this is going.
    If you leave the spawn and know you will die that could be considered intentional feeding. LOL.

I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying on the rare occasions that the spawn camping happens you have a bail out option. I see nothing wrong with it if you did try to get out and failed x times.
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 04-30-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    I think having bots on your team is the issue here, not the spawn camping. If one team is good enough, comparatively speaking, to lock the enemy team in their spawn it's only smart play to do so. And people break out of that all the time. Obviously having two bots makes that much more difficult, though.

Every map has at least two spawn doors so the enemy team has to spread themselves out to hold you in, unless your whole team insists on trying to exit the same door the whole time. Best thing is to spread out to force them to spread out and then converge on a single target. Just one kill changes the situation since you have the spawn advantage.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    well yeah but this is bannable offense you know, not that they really ban for this reason...
    They do. You just have to get enough reports for it.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by M3RC3N4RI0 View Post
    They do. You just have to get enough reports for it.
    nah, the number of reports is way too high if they never have been ban before and aren't playing that much, tried everything to get a smurf ban, just to see if it was working you know, nothing to do, you can have 0 damage for your 10 placements and still keep playing like normal, you'll even end up in silver or gold while doing nothing

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    They do suspend accounts for AFK. Why else is AFK one of the reasons with wich to report a player?
    So we have two problems within one big problem here:
    On the one hand you don't want to be AFK - on the other hand you don't want to feed. Both resons to report. In a scenario like this you kinda HAVE to do one of those. But noone should be banned or suspended for reasons they cannot control. That's not fair.

Another argument to support a better protection against spawnkilling and spawncmaping.
    Last edited by Snugglebit; 05-01-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    Zis is a Maeve main speaking. Deal whiz it.

~ Professional Snuggler

Things I wanna see:
    • Imani, Lex and Lian removed - especially Lian
    • A fair and rewarding ranked system
    • A minimum level to enter ranked
    • An indicator to see if someone is a bot
    • Bots that actually do something
    • A surrender-function
    • Paladins Strike skins in the main game

Matches I lost bc of bots: Stopped counting after a million
    Ranked matches I lost bc of low-level picks: 56

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglebit View Post
    They do suspend accounts for AFK. Why else is AFK one of the reasons with wich to report a player?
    So we have two problems within one big problem here:
    On the one hand you don't want to be AFK - on the other hand you don't want to feed. Both resons to report. In a scenario like this you kinda HAVE to do one of those. But noone should be banned or suspended for reasons they cannot control. That's not fair.

Another argument to support a better protection against spawnkilling and spawncmaping.
    I was joking about the report - for either offense - I guess it didn't come out that way.
    I seriously doubt anyone will report you for feeding or AFK under these circumstances.

Maybe the bots will