Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spawnkilling

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3

Exclamation Spawnkilling

So I had a match yesterday where we got run over by the enemy. I had two bots in my team (TWO. Freaking. Bots.) and they pushed us back to our base and camped there so we had no chance going outside.
    A perfect match to surrender btw - but for several reasons most of you don't want that function. I cannot understand why - and I don't want to - since it works perfectly in other games!... But that's another story.

They even stopped capturing the objective at some point and started farming us (at least the bots bc they were the only ones who left the base).
    So while we were emoting in the base, I was wondering: Isn't there supposed to be some kind of protection against that? And yes: there is. But not a very helpful one.

To actually work the enemy has to literally run into the doorway of our base to take damage. Standing 2 feet away is enough to avoid that. And that's the problem. It does not help! They can just camp there and shoot everything that comes out - and we can't shoot them from inside. So here is my suggestion:

Give us an area around our spawn in wich we can shoot from the inside of our base. This way we can be save and kill at least all those campers who prevent us from going outside. This area should be small enough to not shoot people who are pushing the payload for example - but should be big enough to shoot everyone who comes too close and starts camping.

Another option would be to increase the area in wich the enemy takes damage in front of our base.

I think both would work but the way it is now is not helping.

I know that such a scenario doesn't happen very often - but when it happens it's endlessy frustrating.
    Zis is a Maeve main speaking. Deal whiz it.

~ Professional Snuggler

Things I wanna see:
    • Imani, Lex and Lian removed - especially Lian
    • A fair and rewarding ranked system
    • A minimum level to enter ranked
    • An indicator to see if someone is a bot
    • Bots that actually do something
    • A surrender-function
    • Paladins Strike skins in the main game

Matches I lost bc of bots: Stopped counting after a million
    Ranked matches I lost bc of low-level picks: 56

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I haven't had any games like that lately, but I definitely agree. But I don't think giving a safe area would work on most maps without changing them. I think the safe area should start off pretty big and get smaller the closer the payload gets to the base, so that you can't abuse that for defense.

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    that suggestion is going to make pushing in the cart impossible
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: All of it TBH
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip, Furia
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin
    Flank: Maeve

IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Gold V

LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

Are you sick of Noobs and Salty Players in SEA region? Then come join us! We consist mostly of Noobs and Salty players! We hold weekly custom matches in the hopes of getting better and improving skills! Link to Discord Server

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class 25000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 4 Forum Tier 3
    When I used to encounter this on the old Payload mode, we worked together to move and kill directly outside of the spawn point as quickly as possible. It can be done if the team is on the same page. To me, it's just another challenge to face and overcome.
    The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

I play Paladins: Champions of the Realm on my hardwired and mic'd PlayStation 4.

We are the "balance".

Paladins Strike ID - ConradMax.

Realm Royale

"Thank you, Support!"

Support Ticket: https://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/

Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad_Max View Post
    When I used to encounter this on the old Payload mode, we worked together to move and kill directly outside of the spawn point as quickly as possible. It can be done if the team is on the same page. To me, it's just another challenge to face and overcome.
    Only the 'bots' do not really fit into a 'team'!
    -~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-
    I do not want any new skins; I want team mates with skills!
    Not gonna waste my talents anymore on improving the game of Paladins!

-~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    2 bots hum, that can still be playable lmao, don't complain you don't have 3 bots in 2 of your placements every time

yeah the problem is that avoiding spawnkill would make pushing more difficult
    surrender option could be good, cancelling match when there are too many bots too...

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    the bad part on the game is that the respawn point gate are too close to each other hi rez didnt even bother putting the entrance on different location so player can choose the path they want to take rather 2 doors on 1 direction they can make good maps design but bad at putting different entrances.

Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    I'm not sure if everyone fully understood what I was trying to say. So I made some rough scribbles to visualize:

(I edited all maps like this but I show only those 3 to make this post not too long)

The red zone is the inside of the base.
    The blue zone is the - let's call it "Free shooting zone".

Here's how it could work:
    If players of Team A stay inside the blue zone of Team B, Team B can shoot them from the inside of their red zone - from the base - while they are totally save. This way they can eliminate every camper too close to the exits.
    If players of Team A stay inside their own blue zone, they can be shot by Team B like normal.
    As you can see none of the blue zones reach into the payload paths - and that's important! Should a projectile fired out of the red zone leave the blue zone, it will not deal any damage by hit or will just disappear after it passes the "border" of the blue zone. If someone shoots from the blue zone however, it works like normal.

Another and maybe simpler method could be to make Team A take damage over time if they enter the blue zone of Team B. Both ways would prevent camping quiet effectively I believe.
    Last edited by Snugglebit; 04-30-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    Zis is a Maeve main speaking. Deal whiz it.

~ Professional Snuggler

Things I wanna see:
    • Imani, Lex and Lian removed - especially Lian
    • A fair and rewarding ranked system
    • A minimum level to enter ranked
    • An indicator to see if someone is a bot
    • Bots that actually do something
    • A surrender-function
    • Paladins Strike skins in the main game

Matches I lost bc of bots: Stopped counting after a million
    Ranked matches I lost bc of low-level picks: 56

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    While I don't play this game very often and actually very rarely visit the forums or post something; I wanted to say that I agree that spawn killing might be one of the worst problems gamers have in online PVP games.

I understand that it is often hard to fix problems like this one and that it can seem like a smaller problem for the team that is developing the game. It always takes a larger chunck out of their development time that they could use to fix major bugs or add new content.

It also might seem like a problem that not many people are facing because it could be less severe in higher ranks due to people using better strategies.

The solution that I want to propose on this topic is to grant a low (1-2 seconds) amount of invulnerabilty seconds the first time you leave the base after respawning, as soon as you reenter the spawn zone or the timer runs out you will not get the invulnerability back, unless you get killed by an enemy player and respawn again. This would prevent people from abusing the invulnerability time by reentering the zone or killing themselves. While this solution might not be perfect as well it could add to a viable solution with some changes others might propose.

We also have to keep in mind that it is hard to come up with a solution for problems like these because they can and will be abused by players.

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    The side effects of bots reach far deeper than just spawn camping. I would much rather find a solution to the bot problem, whatever that may be, than to change the program to accommodate an occasional annoyance.

BTW, the surrender is already there - AFK, quit, disconnect your internet, power off... It can't be stopped.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The invulnerability works for TDM. I don't see that working for the siege modes. For example: 1-2 seconds is long enough for Skye to put a bomb out there and potentially stop a push. No way that's fair.