Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Jenos Current State

  1. #1
    Beta Player Recruit
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1
    Level
    26
    Points: 1,998, Level: 26
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester

    Question Jenos Current State

    Hello there Hi-Rez and Paladins players.

    I've only recently come back to the game after buying a Nintendo Switch it brought my fondness back so I reinstalled on my PC too.

    With all sorts of these types of Multiplayer games there is going to be one Overpowered Character or Class that rises above the rest in all areas.
    Currently I am finding that it's "Jenos" his current state in the game is just... Well... Weird... He's marked as a support because he can heal (apparently not that the ones on my team do), But other than that what is SO support about him? The lift? Honestly, It makes ZERO sense to me that a Champion that does insane damage scores with an ultimate capable of killing THROUGH WALLS might I add, To have him as a support character. His base attack does nuts damage for a support, His reload time isn't slow either. It just seems so bizarre to me to label this guy as support.

    I mean I get it, You want that one support that can push out some damage, and Like all supports if you get on top of them they are relatively squishy. But I really feel Hi-Rez took it way over the top with this guy and his damaging stats need to be lowered a little, Not a lot, But just enough to make him more support base than the highest KDA in the game due to his high damage and just all his kit.

    It would be nice to avoid the toxicity if possible, I mean no offense to anyone, It's literally me just voicing out how I feel with how Jenos is in the games I've experienced. Yes, I'm a noob already.

    Happy hunting out there.

    Vaergreyloc

  2. #2
    Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,780
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,390, Level: 65
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Well of course Jenos is going to get good damage numbers if he's not playing as a support. When he does those numbers go down. Especially in a ranked game, you're not going to find too many people willing to let you heal your teammates and frag out at the same time. People target supports heavily. :P

  3. #3
    Beta Player Count Siphili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    got sugar?
    Posts
    546
    Level
    42
    Points: 4,394, Level: 42
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    In my case: the low-level-team-mates pick Jenos only as damage ... boosting the ULT, trying to make a quadra or penta with the ULT; see yourself as hero in PotG and done! - Believe me: they will not get far with that at an e-sport-level!
    -~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-
    I do not want any new skins; I want team mates with skills!
    Not gonna waste my talents anymore on improving the game of Paladins!

    -~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~---~-

  4. #4
    Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,635
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,451, Level: 65
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    All supports have Talents to boost their damage. A Grohk with Maelstrom Talent has a strong secondary damage skill like a damage champ. "Support" just means that a champ can be played as healer.

  5. #5
    Member Baron buoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    214
    Level
    18
    Points: 1,132, Level: 18
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VaerGreyloc View Post
    With all sorts of these types of Multiplayer games there is going to be one Overpowered Character or Class that rises above the rest in all areas.
    Currently I am finding that it's "Jenos" his current state in the game is just... Well... Weird... He's marked as a support because he can heal (apparently not that the ones on my team do), But other than that what is SO support about him? The lift? Honestly, It makes ZERO sense to me that a Champion that does insane damage scores with an ultimate capable of killing THROUGH WALLS might I add, To have him as a support character. His base attack does nuts damage for a support, His reload time isn't slow either. It just seems so bizarre to me to label this guy as support.

    I mean I get it, You want that one support that can push out some damage, and Like all supports if you get on top of them they are relatively squishy. But I really feel Hi-Rez took it way over the top with this guy and his damaging stats need to be lowered a little, Not a lot, But just enough to make him more support base than the highest KDA in the game due to his high damage and just all his kit.

    It would be nice to avoid the toxicity if possible, I mean no offense to anyone, It's literally me just voicing out how I feel with how Jenos is in the games I've experienced. Yes, I'm a noob already.
    Vaergreyloc


    Actually Furia has higher dps and a stun (pyre strike) in her pocket.

    I don't know if binary star increases his dps by much?

  6. #6
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    790
    Level
    31
    Points: 2,633, Level: 31
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Disagree with the OP - Jenos has a terrible escape and very low damage without his offensive Talent, him lifting anyone up can be countered by everyone using a movement ability apart Lex and Tyra, afaik. Both Binary Star and Cosmeum make him lose his buff for the team, in addition to him being very easy killable by dps, flanks and frontlines. So the only saving grace of him is his buff and his healing mechanic which lets him place his mark through walls.

    Quote Originally Posted by buoy View Post
    Actually Furia has higher dps and a stun (pyre strike) in her pocket.
    If we have to compare damage, most viable offensive supports are Grohk and Pip who both quite outdamage Furia (and Jenos, ofc), while neither Furia nor Jenos have a viable offensive talent for ranked play, and with a supp LC there are limitations on damage (no PS available for Furia, miniscule dmg from Jenos).
    Last edited by Averey; 04-25-2019 at 06:45 AM.
    Per aspera ad astra.

  7. #7
    Beta Player Marquess TangAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    somewhere between life and death
    Posts
    934
    Level
    41
    Points: 4,316, Level: 41
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    binary star does increase jenos damage by a lot, especially if you can headshot, as no support will deal more damage than grohk, jenos dps with binary isn't bad at all, actually i often play binary heal cause i don't trust my team lmao
    pip damage is pretty good cause pip as a good mobility, but all supports can be played as damage, yes even furia, furia has insane dps for the heal she can provide, but when you play with exterminate she can combo anyone resulting in instant death for the unfortunate enemy

    the problem with damage supports is that the community seems to think it doesn't exist or is useless, well it's not so stop reporting someone cause he wants to play damage seris and stop trolling cause one said he would flank with ying, i don't think you report people for playing damage pip so don't report for other supports, use your brain and trust your teammates (especially since usually people playing damage supports are playing good)

  8. #8
    Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,635
    Level
    65
    Points: 9,451, Level: 65
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Averey View Post
    him lifting anyone up can be countered by everyone using a movement ability apart Lex and Tyra, afaik.
    It's not that bad. Not all movement abilities work against it, Pip's for example doesn't and not all champs have one, like Torv or Skye. I agree about escape and damage. Being attacked is no fun with Jenos.

  9. #9
    Beta Player Prince IamRick1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Internet Cafe
    Posts
    2,111
    Level
    54
    Points: 6,910, Level: 54
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 1 year registered
    the only advantage jenos has over the other supports in terms of weapons is that his gun is one of the easier hitscan weapons to use among the support class. but even then hes not the best in dealing damage even if he goes with a damage build (furia is also relatively as it is a small spread shotgun and does more damage when her wrath is full)

    afaik binary provides a negligible increase in practical dps however does provide better burst and a lower need to reload making the talent ideal for those who like to do peek shots


    If youre asking me what jenos bring into the team. That would be the damage buff he provides on heals if you use luminary. With allies that knows when to retreat and how to maximize the heals AND damage buff, they can easily win clashes and dive in and out of battles with shorter waiting time in between. No other support can do this as easily as jenos could
    BUFF SEA SERVERS!!

    I MAIN FRONTLINES
    Im good with:
    Frontlines: All of it TBH
    Support: Mal'damba, Jenos, Seris, Pip, Furia
    Damage: Viktor, Sha lin
    Flank: Maeve

    IGN: IamRick
    Current Rank: Gold V

    LONG LIVE THE MAGISTRATE!

    Are you sick of Noobs and Salty Players in SEA region? Then come join us! We consist mostly of Noobs and Salty players! We hold weekly custom matches in the hopes of getting better and improving skills! Link to Discord Server

  10. #10
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    790
    Level
    31
    Points: 2,633, Level: 31
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    binary star does increase jenos damage by a lot, especially if you can headshot, as no support will deal more damage than grohk, jenos dps with binary isn't bad at all, actually i often play binary heal cause i don't trust my team lmao
    Binary Star helps Jenos with damage, yes, but I'll have to argue about it being a good choice in ranked. TDM, Ons, casual Siege? Sure. In ranked at high tiers BS Jenos gets deleted by actual damage dealers. The last time I saw a Jenos going Binary Star it was a Grandmaster and he was not the single support of the team either, of course we lost terribly while lacking damage to compete with the other team.

    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    pip damage is pretty good cause pip as a good mobility, but all supports can be played as damage, yes even furia, furia has insane dps for the heal she can provide, but when you play with exterminate she can combo anyone resulting in instant death for the unfortunate enemy

    the problem with damage supports is that the community seems to think it doesn't exist or is useless, well it's not so stop reporting someone cause he wants to play damage seris and stop trolling cause one said he would flank with ying, i don't think you report people for playing damage pip so don't report for other supports, use your brain and trust your teammates (especially since usually people playing damage supports are playing good)
    Pip works well as damage/flank option, Pip and Grohk are the only viable offensive supports in ranked play currently however, as other offensive support talents are underperforming to say the least due to their base kit being too limited or the offensive Leg being subpar to begin with.

    For example, Jenos BS currently has a pickrate of whole 7.5% in competitive play, with a winrate of 40.2%, which shows his effectiveness as a damage dealer option (or the lack of it). Furia's Exterminate indeed does better, at a whooping 8.6% pickrate with a WR of 48.9%. You would think due to it being picked far, far less then the supportive Legendary would mean mostly people who know how to play it in ranked would pick it, but it's general performance simply shows that it is bad, and it is - with limited range, lower dps than two other supports on average (Furia has 51.46 dp/s compared to Pip's 72.57 and Grohk's 79.82) and far lower than any flank (the lowest in terms of damage output, Maeve, sits at 74.32 dp/s while Skye has 89.71 outdamaging 3 dps champions).

    This performance is reflected by the community, as the community creates all those results and in turn deems supportive LCs going offensive unviable or situational at best most of the time. Reporting players for choosing a damage LC on a support is a terrible practice, which is unfortunately common in a competitive environment where people tend to always want to win (coming from the nature of a PvP game). Absolutely the same happens in OW as well, as people get reported and their accounts banned for picking off-meta heroes, and there are numerous threads on their forum complaining about that problem (banned for picking Symmetra? well, tough luck), it is the consequence of balance happening in a competitve environment and champions having an easier-to-get-value-off-kit over others, which can be improved with a better balance of the game.
    Last edited by Averey; 04-25-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Per aspera ad astra.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •