Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Cynthia, The Dimensional Traveler

Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Possible change: Destroying Traverse-->Traverse Detonation

or something along like that.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOoker View Post
    Possible change: Destroying Traverse-->Traverse Detonation

or something along like that.
    I think I'll keep the actual one, it sounds fun xD

Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Overdrive Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    I think I'll keep the actual one, it sounds fun xD
    OK. I suggested only because of your "originality" comment.

Typo: Shred : Throw the orb, dealing 500 damage when it goes trough an enemy.

Not really liking Regen Boost.
    Regen Boost --> Escalate, Generate, Accumulate
    Last edited by DaddyOoker; 07-16-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    OK. I suggested only because of your "originality" comment.

Typo: Shred : Throw the orb, dealing 500 damage when it goes trough an enemy.

Not really liking Regen Boost.
    Regen Boost --> Escalate, Generate, Accumulate
    thanks again
    yes my comment was cause I had no idea but I find it fun now
    I like the idea of "boost", regen boost sounds weird but boost goes very well with accelerate I think

by the way does anyone think having cards for an ult is weird or something?

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah, boost fits the concept - as you said Regen Boost seems weird. If you're OK with it then fine by me.

I saw the reddit comment questioning it. I think having cards on the ult is kind of cool.

BTW, there are multiple instances of "trough". I also saw "exemple". Maybe stick it into a spell checker someday.

Level
    Achievements:
    Yeah, boost fits the concept - as you said Regen Boost seems weird. If you're OK with it then fine by me.

I saw the reddit comment questioning it. I think having cards on the ult is kind of cool.

BTW, there are multiple instances of "trough". I also saw "exemple". Maybe stick it into a spell checker someday.
    uf yeah I probably should do that, I try to write my posts as fast as possible because of how long it takes to do this

first artworks of Cynthia are in progress
    once it is done we'll make arts for kit animations, cards art, UI arts, and eventually 3D models

and yeah I like the idea of having cards for ult, I still am unsure of how balanced is this ult tho

I wish I had more feedbacks or someone reviewing the concept
    Last edited by TangAce; 07-17-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    uf yeah I probably should do that, I try to write my posts as fast as possible because of how long it takes to do this

first artworks of Cynthia are in progress
    once it is done we'll make arts for kit animations, cards art, UI arts, and eventually 3D models

and yeah I like the idea of having cards for ult, I still am unsure of how balanced is this ult tho

I wish I had more feedbacks or someone reviewing the concept
    Wow you're going full hog! I'd like to see the art when you have something. Curious as to what you have conjured up.

Level
    Achievements:
    Wow you're going full hog! I'd like to see the art when you have something. Curious as to what you have conjured up.
    well I'm not the one making the arts, but this concept feels like something that could be into the game so better do it good
    I'm not someone making tons of concept cause they would be unfinished or poorly made and so on, instead I try to make something that truly could be implemented one day, when this one will be finished I'll make an other one eventually (I'm currently trying to think about a tank, and a melee flank but this one is very tricky to make)

Beta Player Marquess JohnOfAllTrades's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Review time.

LMB - There is no reason for this to stop in place besides to expand one part of the kit into taking up multiple abilities when it shouldn't. I'll go into that more when talking about the abilities specifically. As it is, this would be insanely broken at close ranges, reaching literal thousands in the DPS department as you could repeatedly send it out and retract it for an easy 2000 DPS plus some from abilities.

RMB - This doesn't need to exist. It looks like you literally just took her attack and split its controls in half because you couldn't think of enough abilities. You could just make it to where her LMB is reactivated to retract the orb.

Q - This could very easily just be her reload. Its a waste of an ability. What purpose is there for a 500 damage burst on an 8 second cooldown? Again, you just took her LMB and spread it out. Realistically it would rarely ever be used anyways because this character would be played at close range due to their easily abused LMB.

F - This is fine. I would say it should be able to be activated when the orb isnt fully deployed to allow for slightly faster teleports but its not really necessary.

E - This ability is practically worthless. The ability to rapidly teleport should be good but the pointless 3s period for it to be cancelled means that it would be useless for what people would primarily want to use it for. Mobility heavy ultimates are more frequently used as an escape but for some reason you decided for that to not be the case with this. As it stands, its just a tool for charging in.... as a damage champion..... With no DPS increase. No added protection... Nothing.

Talents - Destroying Traverse has an awful name as you know but it seems like a potentially fun talent. Explosive Dance implies that there is a cooldown on the explosions from the ultimate but that is not included in the ultimate, leading me to assume you meant her Q's cooldown. Considering how useless her Q is, its not adding anything to the talent. Also, adding more speed to something that is only functionally useful for feeding the enemy team is... pointless. Growing Power is next to useless as it would require set up from a teammate or awful enemy positioning to add like 200 DPS to your LMB. Explosive Dance and Growing Power need to be replaced.

Cards - Most of these are the typical cards you'd see on a Damage champion. I want to specifically focus on the ones from her Q (Destroy) because of the ability's useless nature. With a loadout dedicated to Destroy, you get some decent at best sustain and point control. The issue is, it would require heavy loadout investment to make the ability at all worth using considering what her optimal play style would be (again, that is massive close range DPS). You'd be better off making Destroy a special reload for her and replacing a couple of her Armor/Weapon cards with Repulse and Renew. That would give her less typical Armor/Weapon cards (which is a fairly rare sight) as well as allowing her to have an actually useful ability for her Q. Also... you did cards for the ultimate instead of cards for her RMB. Which further prooves that the RMB is really just supposed to be an extension of her LMB to fill up space. And ultimates don't get cards.

Lore - Not much to say about the lore. I will say that she gives me SERIOUS Ultear (from Fairy Tail) vibes. Which is fine, because I like Ultear.

Total - 3/10. Due to the RMB and Q being essentially just components of her LMB, she feels very unfinished. Additionally, the balance on the LMB needs to be looked at to allow her to be more useful at long range and less potent at close range. The ultimate also needs to be looked at heavily, with the charge up time in particular being its biggest downfall. Other potential fixes for her ultimate would be some form of sustain or protection to justify the charge up time and overall danger that comes with using it. There being cards gets you bonus points but the mistake of having cards for the ultimate instead of the RMB is pretty serious and draws attention to the flaws of the kit. Thematically speaking though, I like the idea of the character because, as I said, it makes me think of a character I enjoy (specifically of a type that I don't believe is anywhere near being overused). I look forward to seeing what the art for it turns out like. There is a LOT of fixing up that need to be done but the character isn't a lost cause like some that occasionally pop up on the forums.

Oh, and a word of advice. When you respond to someone else's concept, try to be more constructive. Your response to Dimitri's concept was unnecessarily harsh and will be little help to him. Its okay to be harsh in your criticism if a concept deserves it, but remember to try to help them. We aren't here to tear down each other's ideas. We are here to build them up.

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry for the wall of text. When necessary I try to go in depth with my reviews. I know not everyone likes to read a wall of text and I can provide a TL;DR if necessary but it will result in a loss of detail and meaning (obviously).
    Last edited by JohnOfAllTrades; 07-18-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    If you ever need a review for a champion concept just message me.

Paladins Champion Concept Hub

Smite God Concept Hub

Beta Player Count
    Level
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    There is too much going on with the dynamics of the orb.
    Its a medium speed homing magic missile you want to directly hit people with...

Orb should have a minimum and maximum range, minimum range will give you your Dps, max range to limit the distance travelled with the mobility.

Having the altfire as a retract orb function is a bit jarring when releasing the lmb could serve the exact same purpose.

Why an explosion.... it does pretty pathetic area damage, if the orb is around a corner you cannot confirm targets are in range with no reveal in the kit. There is no utility to this other then a viktor grenande with initial damage. A brief AoE of DoT would be a preferable alt ability for point and choke zoning purposes in a damage utility sense as no one wants to stand in dps.

Traverse has too low of a CD for an ability that can access highgrounds and allow the player to move great distances. It may not be good instantly in a fight but damage class mobilities are meant to be a little average. A low cooldown like this is something that should be talent worthy or card based.

The ult....
    There is no utility with this character with this ult....
    Its activation time and duration time are wiggy
    So for what 10s.... I can constantly spam teleport behind someone every time they look at me and damage them each time.
    How is this a damage ult... it seems cheezy and unfair to whoever has to deal with one of these.
    You have a champion who is apparently a demension traveler....
    Why not have a deadzone sized exile field, or make yourself spectral while still able to attack and make actions for a brief time, providing defense for the wind up time on using traverse.