Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinessa, The Underloved

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Kinessa, The Underloved

I think Kinessa needs a rework on "Oppressor Mine" ability. If you even call that an ability, its more of an inability for me.

Right now, all oppressor mine does is 20 damage per 0.2 seconds. Which is way too low. Also it doesnt get people out of "out-of combat" state which makes it just worse and worse. It doesnt slow, it doesnt add any debuff. So I think this ability should either get SLOW back or it can make affected enemies CRIPPLED, or a rework.

Rework Ideas

1-Personal Space : Kinessa deploys a drone around herself, knocking back enemies that are close to her. Lasts 5 seconds.

2-Shock Traps : Kinessa puts up to 2 traps that if any enemy walks on it, gets crippled and stuck on the ground for 2 seconds.

3-Oppressor Mine (Damage Rework) : Same ability but the mines deal 200 damage per second, also prevents them to enter "out-of combat" state.

4-Call for Help : Kinessa puts up a drone around herself, giving her 500 shield for 5 seconds.

5-Techleech : Kinessa puts up to 2 traps on the ground. If an enemy walks on it, the trap will get attached to them and drain 200 health per second. The player can shake it off, or if the trap reaches its limit (1000 hp) the trap explodes dealing 500 damage to every enemy in the area. An enemy can only one active trap on them.

6-Energetic Equipment : Kinessa attaches an equipment on herself, increasing her carbines shooting speed, and her sniper rifles charge speed for 5 seconds.

7-Bounty Prayer : Kinessa injects herself with a healing needle, healing herself 500 over a second.

8-Oppressor Mines (Techleech Mashup) : Oppressor Mines absorb 100 damage per second, and prevent them to get in "out-of combat" state. When the mine reaches its limit (500 health) it explodes dealing 700 damage.

These are what i thought oppressor mines could get reworked into. Im open to any discussions. I hope they change/buff her oppressor mine ability.

Super Moderator Sovereign Prince cmsaunli's Avatar
    Protecting a Volcano, and the Ska'drin. (But not Talus)
    Level
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 Tagger First Class Overdrive 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Kinessa can do so much damage without even using them though. They're really good for alerting you, dripping away low health enemies (surprising how many people don't shoot them), they can dismount enemies too.

I don't think they need to be some crazy damage booby traps. It's nice to actually see something that isn't incredible burst damage. They do their job, they don't really have much of a cooldown and you get two charges for them.

Only thing I'd say if that perhaps they could give a reveal to affected enemies.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Wondering why a thread was closed or deleted? Check out the Forum's Code of Conduct.

BRING BACK PAYLOAD!

Need to submit a Support Ticket? Click me!

Cicero's Official Listener.
    "Legendary Support Makoa Main"

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2

KINESSA: Giving Opressor Mines better utility.

We all know Kinessa as one of the most or the most difficult to champ to play in the dmg class. Her abilites are overall well-balanced while her Opressor mines lack a bit of utility compared to other champs like vivian and strix. It also has a low range. Her Q ability is still good the way it is but it still could use more utility without being OP.
    I suggest giving them this rework:-
    Enemies affected by her mines gets painted with the Headhunter Mark whether they are in your line of sight or if they are behind a wall. Its like the one she gets during her ult but when enemies are within her scope.
    This would be the best way to give the mines more utility without being an OP revealing card and this will help her hitting headshots more consistently since thats her main identity and thats what makes her different from strix other than kinessa's mobility. I mean players just ignore her mines all the time so this would give her mines a reason to be shot at, thus alerting the kinessa player to get above high ground to safety.

Member Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Wait what? i posted this as a thread and it got moved to ur thread as a reply like wtf? lmao

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    They just need to bring back supression or add cripple/slow to the mines, they are currently useless except for finishing off kills. A reveal would help too, but then her playstyle would be very similar to strix.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsaunli View Post
    Kinessa can do so much damage without even using them though. They're really good for alerting you, dripping away low health enemies (surprising how many people don't shoot them), they can dismount enemies too.

I don't think they need to be some crazy damage booby traps. It's nice to actually see something that isn't incredible burst damage. They do their job, they don't really have much of a cooldown and you get two charges for them.

Only thing I'd say if that perhaps they could give a reveal to affected enemies.
    honestly the old slow made sense with her kit.

they're kinda pointless outside of an early warning now.

Quote Originally Posted by PoTAToSNlpEr View Post
    Wait what? i posted this as a thread and it got moved to ur thread as a reply like wtf? lmao
    mods merge similar topics to prevent there being too many.

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    the mines finishes some kills that's all, a slow or reveal would be better (but with reveal people would call to the perma wallhack...still vivian has it...)

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Honestly a FOV reduction in her zoom would work perfectly to fix her in perfectly balanced aspect.But after talking with jayflare EM thinks that "kinessa is pretty much balanced where they need her to be" evil mojo said.
    The perfect reason behind them coming to this conclusion might be the playerbase for kinessa-Who would pick kinessa when you can pick lian,cassie,bk and harrass everyone easily with comparatively less skill and little to no effort to survive a 1v1.
    This kinessa balance thread is straighaway going to garbage,I have talked in lot of kinessa thread and none of it got attention and voting from others.You gotta play kinessa a lot to know her really and kno what she lacks.This game is gonna be balanced based only on playerbase.The champion with higher playerbase gets skins,its so simple as that!!!
    GG
    Last edited by IAMFROSTIEE; 05-05-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    I play Only Skill champs even if I Suck

Level
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMFROSTIEE View Post
    Honestly a FOV reduction in her zoom would work perfectly to fix her in perfectly balanced aspect.But after talking with jayflare EM thinks that "kinessa is pretty much balanced where they need her to be" evil mojo said.
    The perfect reason behind them coming to this conclusion might be the playerbase for kinessa-Who would pick kinessa when you can pick lian,cassie,bk and harrass everyone easily with comparatively less skill and little to no effort to survive a 1v1.
    This kinessa balance thread is straighaway a garbage,I have talked in lot of kinessa thread and none of it got attention and voting from others.You gotta play kinessa a lot to know her really and kno what she lacks.This game is gonna be balanced based only on playerbase.The champion with higher playerbase gets skins,its so simple as that!!!
    GG
    yeah exactly, can't say better

Beta Player Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TangAce View Post
    yeah exactly, can't say better
    sad reality
    I play Only Skill champs even if I Suck