Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Every DMG Champion in This Game Makes Willo Obsolete

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Every DMG Champion in This Game Makes Willo Obsolete

No wonder i barely see her in this game. When will Evil Mojo realize that Willo is bad DMG champion and that with recent champions released that is more clear than ever.

Her playstyle is very similar or should i say the same as Dredge. So let's compare these two, shall we?

-Dredge's primary does 850 damage every 0.7s and doesn't have falloff AFAIK. Reloading gives him another 1000 damage projectile.
    -His secondary does 950 damage x 3, which means 2850 damage total!

And then we have Willo:

-Her primary does 500 damage every 0.75s, and has damage falloff with minimum damage being only 150!
    -Her Seedling ability does 5 x 400 damage which is 2000 damage total and has damage falloff, with minimum damage being 150.

We can also compare her with Imani for example, because she also has similar playstyle to her and Dredge:

-Imani's Frost Bolt does 650 damage every 0.8s. While Pyre Ball does 1000 damage every 1s. They both don't have damage falloff.

I don't even want to talk about Dredges mobility abilities. Being able to self heal just by standing near to his teleporter. Or being able to teleport to another side of the map. And what does Willo have?? Oh yeah Flutter...

Things are crystal clear here. Willo NEEDS changes. She is not good enough DMG champion. Maybe there was a time when she was. Currently she is not. There is not a reason to pick her over any other DMG champion in the game. Recent DMG champions are 100% better picks and do their job much better than Willo ever did.

She lacks damage, her projectile is slow, her mobility sucks... Evil Mojo STOP ignoring this. Many players agree that just like Moji, Willo needs changes to be effective.
    Last edited by NeoRaider1988; 03-02-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered Forum Tier 2
    Well you didn't really say how she should be changed.

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Willo is falling off in use compared to other damage champions but personally, I find her fine in term of dmg since she has a more accurate aoe shot than Dredge. Blastflower is currently her best legend but with her other two legends Willo falls off fast especially since her nightshade combo was nerfed. The main thing about her is that her ult is one of the really easy to counter ults in the game and it oftens leaves her open, especially during the startup. She shouldn't be compared to Dredge or Imani easily since she is more mobile than two and has dead zone. The problem is that those two champions and a few other champions (mostly in their cards) need changes.

If they needed to fix her I would rather they make her more mobile and give her invincibility frames during the startup of her ultimate. This is because every dmg dealer ultimate is meant to change the tide of the battle when used right. Willo's only requires any sniper or skill shot based champion to aim up and hit her about 2-3 times and it's over with.

The reason I wouldn't suggest a dmg buff on her was that before the nightshade nerfs a good Willo could burst down a single area with about 1800 points of dmg every 3 seconds and to top it all off you couldn't heal a lick.

In my experience through using and dealing with Willo I feel like she is meant to be a mobile aoe dmg dealer which deals fast and ramping dmg the main problems are that her ult is relatively unuseful and her legends need fixing.
    Last edited by FarceDawn; 03-03-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Deadzone is the actual reason why Willo has been receiving harsh balance adjustments. She is the ONLY champion now who can counter healing of any type.

But I agree on her ultimate being slow, buggy and lackluster.

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NobleChevalier9 View Post
    Deadzone is the actual reason why Willo has been receiving harsh balance adjustments. She is the ONLY champion now who can counter healing of any type.

But I agree on her ultimate being slow, buggy and lackluster.
    Deadzone is not even that strong right now.

And i also created a thread about her Ultimate and Flutter and suggested few changes but it looks Evil Mojo just doesn't care.

Beta Player Grand Prince MrsCrii's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRaider1988 View Post
    Deadzone is not even that strong right now.

And i also created a thread about her Ultimate and Flutter and suggested few changes but it looks Evil Mojo just doesn't care.
    I don't understand, how is Dead Zone "not even that strong right now"? It's still the only ability in the game that 100% counters ALL healing and there is more healing in the game than ever. That should make it stronger, if anything.

Level
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    They should have made her dead zone a heal station instead of sky. But willow is fine. Just more skill based. You can't compare her to dredge because she doesn't shit spam all over the spam. All her talents work well, there just for different play styles.

Level
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I am not sure what others think but does anyone else believe that seedling needs a change that the scorn legendary should have been worked into her Kit. I am saying this because seedling has an extremely long cooldown and can be dodged relatively easily in maps without building and corridors so its only is used is on point and even then it can be blocked or dodged relatively easily. I personally believe seedling should have a lower cooldown and the fuse time on scorn should partially be worked into her kit.
    Ign: FarceDawn
    Mains: Kinessa (over 200 hours), Strix, Maeve, Evie, Ash, Ying, and Imani (off and on).
    Come and play a match with me if you have time I enjoy nice non-toxic games and love making strategies with teammates when doing comp.

Check out my Champions
    Champion Concepts:

Lan the Cheery Brawler

Louie the Lion-Hearted

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FarceDawn View Post
    I am not sure what others think but does anyone else believe that seedling needs a change that the scorn legendary should have been worked into her Kit. I am saying this because seedling has an extremely long cooldown and can be dodged relatively easily in maps without building and corridors so its only is used is on point and even then it can be blocked or dodged relatively easily. I personally believe seedling should have a lower cooldown and the fuse time on scorn should partially be worked into her kit.
    Seedling cd can be lowered by loadout cards and it's up to the player to use it where it can't be dodged

The thing with Willo is, it's not Willo is weak, in the hand of a good player it still annoying as f.
    It's just Dredge is just too good as an area denial blaster.
    thank you for curing my Paladins addiction

Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Yeah I don't think comparing willow to dredge is a fair contrast by a long shot... The reason being is that they have different roles... Even though they both have an aoe projectile doesn't make them the same, dredg's kit is all about spacing and point denial, unfortunately he's turned into a shity spam machine but that's not he's meant for...