Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Ideas for Nerfs

  1. #21
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The Anti-Lex Association Base
    Posts
    1,090
    Level
    54
    Points: 6,921, Level: 54
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Talus: Okay, to be fair, maybe you're right about this one as well. Talus just never struck me as a breakaway problem, though. He's effective and does what he's supposed to do, but honestly, I'm more afraid of Andro and Koga than I am Talus. But okay, maybe.
    I still feel Talus is a problem. Not as big of a problem as Koga, but he still exists and I think he shouldn't be ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Imani: Okay on the root, because yes, it lasts too long. But damage falloff, really? On a projectile damage champion?
    Imani, in my mind, relies on her abilities to deal massive amounts of damage. However, she just plain outputs a ton of damage with her abilities as the icing on the cake. Giving her damage falloff (at least for her ice shots) would balance her out and give her back her intended identity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Skye: Look, the thing is, Skye's situation is super complicated. I've gone into a whole thing in other threads about how I feel she's either a flank with no flanking tools or a misclassified damage champion. But you can't just say "Debilitate Skye is busted," because the truth is far worse than that. The truth is, Skye does not work as either a flank or as a damage champion. In her current form, she's a bizarre, schizophrenic mess who occupies no identifiable role at all.
    If you want to talk about a confused champion we should talk about Moji. I can see what you are talking about as Skye being a flank damage hybrid, but I still see her as a flank. And yes, nerfing debilitate would make her a useless champ. But, it needs to be nerfed. It is WAY too strong and spammable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Cassie: No, I don't see it. I've never seen it. Cassie's good, but as much as conventional wisdom holds that she's overpowered, I've never once agreed that she is. If anything, I could see an argument for Eminence Lian, but Cassie? Nah.
    This is more of a personal thing. Some people have no problems with her while some people absolutely despise her (me).

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Lex: Okay? I mean, he's annoying, but he's not supposed to show up to pet your dog and give you hugs. He's a flank doing what flanks do. I really don't see the issue here. Maybe get rid of the auto-aim ability, though. (See also Lian.)
    I have a problem with him because he is the definition of a crutch character. He is absurdly strong at lower tiers and requires almost no skill whatsoever to play. At higher tiers though, he is absolute garbage and gets annihilated by any coordinated team. In my opinion, he is the worst designed champion in the game and is an unhealthy existence for the game. He's also annoying to fight as all hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiderumNocte View Post
    I am fine with nerfing Debilitate but it would have to come after some Buffs for Skye's base kit.
    That's all Skye really needs is base kit buffs and possibly a weapon overhaul/rework.
    Kinda my train of thought

    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBread View Post
    you are trying to ruin imani, she is a long range fighter thats supposed to be good against front lines. she is weak against flanks...
    This is just plain incorrect. Why? Because of her ice attacks slow and she has that disgusting 2.5 second root. She is not an auto annihilate to flanks, like Cassie, but she is far from weak to them.
    Last edited by CrazyLasagna; 02-06-2019 at 03:47 PM.
    Future's End Is An Amazing Update, So Much So That I Feel The Need To Say This


    Good Job Hi-Rez

  2. #22
    Beta Player Count Spacey1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    540
    Level
    53
    Points: 6,555, Level: 53
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    I still feel Talus is a problem. Not as big of a problem as Koga, but he still exists and I think he shouldn't be ignored.
    Whatever. No opinion on this really.

    Imani, in my mind, relies on her abilities to deal massive amounts of damage. However, she just plain outputs a ton of damage with her abilities as the icing on the cake. Giving her damage falloff (at least for her ice shots) would balance her out and give her back her intended identity.
    Regardless of what's going on in your mind, the reality is Imani is designed as a long-range damage champion. Speaking of giving her damage falloff is like speaking of damage falloff for Kinessa, Strix, Cassie, Sha Lin, etc. Just no, period.

    If you want to talk about a confused champion we should talk about Moji. I can see what you are talking about as Skye being a flank damage hybrid, but I still see her as a flank.
    You can see her as one, but she isn't one. Even Moji at least has a flanking tool (her dash), even if it's a pretty weak one. Skye uniquely has no ability that makes her reposition faster, which is key to being able to do what flanks are supposed to do, and she also uniquely is the only "flank" whose supposed flanking tools are hard-countered by skills, legendaries and even an item that anyone can buy up in a match. Literally even Ying is better at the actual job of flanking than Skye is, regardless of Skye's TTK.

    Skye, in her current form, is not a flank. She's a weirdly short-range damage champion with garbage survivability and an ability that's bizarrely overpowered against tanks, who sometimes seems to also think she's a support for some reason.

    I have a problem with him because he is the definition of a crutch character. He is absurdly strong at lower tiers and requires almost no skill whatsoever to play. At higher tiers though, he is absolute garbage and gets annihilated by any coordinated team. In my opinion, he is the worst designed champion in the game and is an unhealthy existence for the game. He's also annoying to fight as all hell.
    (Meaning Lex)

    Sorry, I just don't really agree with any of this. Not much else to say other than to shrug and move on. He needs to lose his auto-aim ability, though (and Lian needs to lose hers, too).
    Give your Ying a big hug!

    "If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

    — James Waterman Wise, Jr.

    "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

    — Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #23
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    790
    Level
    31
    Points: 2,633, Level: 31
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBread View Post
    she is supposed to be able to do that, she is a long range damage champion. you beat her getting close with a flank or another damage character. damage fall off would completely wreak her, its the one change i will never agree with and im glad there has not been any word about doing that
    Sorry, I will not agree with a champion existing who can be that deadly at both close and long range, and you seem to ignore how her burst is kept the same with the initial mana amount. Her damage was not really nerfed as the charge rate of Pyre Ball was lowered as well, so I still think she requires more adjustment, she can easily kill flanks and dps at close range with her mass stun and the slow on Frost Bolt additionally.
    Her kit is simply too bloated, with her Ult being initially gamechanging on its own, bringing too much impact with her pick. Adding damage fall off would give people a chance against her, instead of keeping her overpowered like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    Imani, in my mind, relies on her abilities to deal massive amounts of damage. However, she just plain outputs a ton of damage with her abilities as the icing on the cake. Giving her damage falloff (at least for her ice shots) would balance her out and give her back her intended identity.
    See it the same, like you say, damage fall off is the least they can do to balance the amount of impact her kit brings compared to other champions, who don't have the same amount of damage, or stuns, at the same time.
    Last edited by Averey; 02-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Per aspera ad astra.

  4. #24
    Member Baronet NeoRaider1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    127
    Level
    22
    Points: 1,510, Level: 22
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    I don't understand why they gave mana to Imani. She didn't need that at all. They are going to nerf it and make it useless anyway. Just remove mana completely and give her different 3rd talent.

    Adding dmg fall-off to Imani would completely destroy her and who she is as a character.

    Also please let's not forget that her frost bomb is on 20 seconds cooldown!

  5. #25
    Beta Player Count Spacey1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    540
    Level
    53
    Points: 6,555, Level: 53
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRaider1988 View Post
    Also please let's not forget that her frost bomb is on 20 seconds cooldown!
    It's probably also worth reminding everyone that it moves so slowly that you could read through a chapter of War and Peace and still get back in time to dodge it if you see it coming. It's pretty nasty when you manage to ambush with it, though.

    Also, I do tend to agree that 2.5 seconds of root is a bit extreme (though let's not forget that Void Grip lasts that long, too, without any cards), but that might even be fixable by just taking away the card that lets her increase the duration from 1.5 to 2.5 seconds. After all, let's remember that it's a root, not a stun, meaning the rooted person can still at least shoot back.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

    "If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

    — James Waterman Wise, Jr.

    "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

    — Martin Luther King, Jr.

  6. #26
    Member Marquess Averey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    790
    Level
    31
    Points: 2,633, Level: 31
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 Overdrive 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoRaider1988 View Post
    Adding dmg fall-off to Imani would completely destroy her and who she is as a character.
    So she keeps her insanely high damage burst, both with combo from Frost Bomb/Inferno, with initial mana amount it does not change, with slow on Frost, Mass Root with 2.5 sec and a Dragon who can take out an entire team with ease, because it is not only the Dragon frostfiring at you, but the other team as well. Rather than "destroying" her, it would help balance an overtuned char to not be permabanned from ranked after next patch release, something which still needs to be done with Dredge, imo.
    Per aspera ad astra.

  7. #27
    Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The Anti-Lex Association Base
    Posts
    1,090
    Level
    54
    Points: 6,921, Level: 54
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Ok, so if Imani doesn't get any damage falloff, how do you suggest she be nerfed? Because if you say she doesn't need one I'm going to be tempted to just stop the conversation there.
    Future's End Is An Amazing Update, So Much So That I Feel The Need To Say This


    Good Job Hi-Rez

  8. #28
    Member Esquire
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    39
    Level
    5
    Points: 252, Level: 5
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    frost bomb isnt deadly at close range. you know it only does its 800 damage at long range right? she gets shredded by flanks and damage up close

    they are in fact nerfing mana and the dragon, they could look at frost bomb too but shes probably fine after these changes

    damage fall off would destroy her though, that cannot happen. she is a mage thats intended to be in the back lines
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 02-07-2019 at 08:10 AM.

  9. #29
    Member Esquire
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    39
    Level
    5
    Points: 252, Level: 5
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    double post
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 02-07-2019 at 08:09 AM.

  10. #30
    Beta Player Esquire
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    33
    Level
    25
    Points: 1,875, Level: 25
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    Tbh Imani isn’t that bad, i just hate her ice projectile bounce cuz omg when you’re healing up behind a corner it just bounces to you. I’m not afraid of her ult cuz a good flank will make her pay, and the dragon is a deployable so Bulldozer can destroy it, also cuz of too much Imani left click POTG.

    Talus isn’t really a problem for me cuz he’s squishy and you can just camp his rune and kill him(done this many times).

    Dredge....yeah the only thing probably give his right click a CD of 3 seconds cuz i agree with you it’s really annoying. Although the explosions are not that big but when you’re capping point trying to dodge all those stuff, uuhhh nightmares.

    After koga’s nerf he’s not that broken anymore, just a bit annoying.

    Skye is just free kills if you have 2 teammates with illuminate, and my makoa lucky hooks xD I do wish they nerf her time bomb aoe a bit though cuz it seem to be way bigger than i expected.

    Cassie is ok and pretty balanced for a dps.

    Lex is balanced as well for a flank although i think his right click is stupid.

    The only person that needs to be deleted from the game is VIVIAN because no one likes vivian...also cuz she’s super boring to go against and play with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •