Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ash new lifesteal: viable?

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    It's very good. I actually prefer it with Fortress Breaker, though, because the giant shield gives you more cover to both have time to benefit from it and to get a break from Cauterize.

Plus, the awesomeness of Ash's AE bursting shots makes Slug Shot a total non-starter for me. Let snipers do the sniping; if I'm Ash, that isn't really my job.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince CrazyLasagna's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacey1 View Post
    Let snipers do the sniping; if I'm Ash, that isn't really my job.

See, Ash can't do jack squat against long-range champions (except just deny them with your shield). Slug Shot gives you the range and ability to pressure opponents far outside of your normal reach and defend yourself at most ranges. Slug Shot isn't only good offensively; it's also exceptional on defense. I do miss hitting people around corners though
    Future's End Is An Amazing Update, So Much So That I Feel The Need To Say This

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Overdrive 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    See, Ash can't do jack squat against long-range champions (except just deny them with your shield). Slug Shot gives you the range and ability to pressure opponents far outside of your normal reach and defend yourself at most ranges. Slug Shot isn't only good offensively; it's also exceptional on defense.
    I mean, she can still shoulder-rush over there and engage them if she really needs to, but yeah, she's not built to engage long-range champions for the most part. So what? It's a team game for a reason. Damage champions and flank champions can engage the long-range champions just fine, and frankly a lot more effectively than Ash with Slug Shot ever could.

Don't get me wrong; it's fine if it's your cup of tea. Me personally, I can't see ever using that legendary.
    Give your Ying a big hug!

"If fascism comes ... it will probably be wrapped up in the American flag and heralded as a plea for liberty and preservation of the constitution."

— James Waterman Wise, Jr.

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

— Martin Luther King, Jr.

Level
    Achievements:
    ...It's a team game for a reason. Damage champions and flank champions can engage the long-range champions just fine...

People actually helping each other out in Paladins. Now ain't that cute.

...frankly a lot more effectively than Ash with Slug Shot ever could.
    I can actually contest that point (puns are great). DPS can pump out a lot of damage at mid and long ranges. But a lot of them have damage falloffs that take the kick out of it. Slug Shot doesn't have that. Having a 4900 health tank hitting you with slug shells at long range is actually really intimidating and good for pushing people off point. Then the opposite can happen where people underestimate the damage until they realize they can't get away. In this case, they die. So Slug Shot is actually just...really good.

Overall, yeah, Slug Shot is not for everyone. It took me a bit to get used to and I still use Fortress Breaker from time to time.
    Last edited by CrazyLasagna; 02-05-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLasagna View Post
    I can actually contest that point (puns are great). DPS can shoot pump out a lot of damage to mid to long ranges. But a lot of them have damage falloffs that take the kick out of it. Slug Shot doesn't have that. Having a 4900 health tank hitting you with slug shells at long range is actually really intimidating and pushing people off point. Then the opposite can happen where people underestimate the damage until they realize they can't get away. In this case, they die. So Slug Shot is actually just...really good.

Overall, yeah, Slug Shot is not for everyone. It took me a bit to get used to and I still use Fortress Breaker from time to time.

Huh, you have convinved me, I will try it. I tried it once and could not see the value, but I'll def give it another whirl. I do need to see if the liferip effects more than initial target too because if my normal shots steal life from everyone hit, Im def not giving that up
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickvon View Post
    Huh, you have convinved me, I will try it. I tried it once and could not see the value, but I'll def give it another whirl. I do need to see if the liferip effects more than initial target too because if my normal shots steal life from everyone hit, Im def not giving that up
    *Hits 5 people, gains 1000 health instantly*

Good Job Hi-Rez

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Tagger Second Class
    *Kinetic Burst 3 targets with Brawl 5 and self heal for 1200*
    #make-ash-angry-again

Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickvon View Post
    *Kinetic Burst 3 targets with Brawl 5 and self heal for 1200*
    I need to make an immortal Ash build

Good Job Hi-Rez