Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Evie OP at high level?

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester

Evie OP at high level?

Evie is the hardest class to hit because of her teleport move. You cant hit or track an instant move to somewhere else.
    She teleports behind you getting in some hits, you turn around, she has already teleported back to get more hits on your back, before you turn around again to find her you might already be dead.

She has the fastest mobility (instant) on fast cool down and so dictates the flow of every fight.
    If you are winning at all, she can ice block, fly away, or teleport away

She can poke with teleport. Teleport to you shooting you and getting you to activate some abilities and teleporting back.
    Because it has a 4second cool down it doesnt matter to her and 4 seconds later she will be back, or just fly back right after by which time her teleport will be ready to teleport around you as she shoots you.
    If in this stupid event you actually manage to get a leg up on her but the fight has taken more than 4 seconds she will teleport away. If not she will stall with ice bloke then teleport

Its either evie wins or evie runs away. Lose or draw, to lose 4 seconds later

I expect all the "just get better responses" but im above average, not the best ever but i got to diamond in season 1 (decayed to gold).
    Sometimes i get destroyed thoroughly but think i could have done better or something different, but no matter what characters, deck, strategy or just skill i use i can't overcome good evies.

Did i mention ice block blocks ults

Im not asking for a super big nerf, not to her damage or health or anything like that. Just that it be possible for a human to hit her and for her not to be able to escape everything.
    Suggestion 1, make blink take like a second longer to travel and make it very clear where she has teleported to.
    Suggestion 2, Remove the ability to teleport back from a blink and increase the cooldown by 1 second.
    If you did that you could give her 1000 extra health for all i care because at least then i would be able to shoot her

Level
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2
    I kinda agree and disagree here.
    Evie is only strong if the player can use her abilitys right an hits her shots which is difficult.
    So for beginners evie is really weak

I dont know if nerfing her blink is a Good idea because it is what keeps her alive.

Personally i thinkthink that Evie is fine because she has probably the highest skill cap in the game, but is really rewarding if you can play her.
    Witness these muscles

DIAMOND IV

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Suggestion 2: Basically you wanna remove Wormhole and increase Blink cooldown by 1 second, and give her 1000 Health?
    Yeah i think that a flank with 2800 health would be more balanced.
    Venezuelan guy that loves Paladins and its community
    Da rules

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by M0NT4GN3 View Post
    and give her 1000 Health?
    Disingenuous to take that part literally

Nerf blink and wormole and you can give her a buff elsewhere

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Harky000 View Post
    Disingenuous to take that part literally

Nerf blink and wormole and you can give her a buff elsewhere
    There is no need to Nerf Blink or Wormhole.

Wormhole is predictable and this is one of the reasons she actually fell out of the Meta for a while. If you look at Pro Games what Pros would do is wait for Evie's to blink back and then burst the Evie. Now if the Evie doesn't play predictable then that becomes much harder.

Really good Evie's Both Wait for Opportunities and make them.
    The only reason Wormhole is picked over the others is because 1) Old players are more used to this play style and 2) It allows for safer play.

I would argue Evie has three viable Talents which is basically everything other than Reprieve. Reprieve just promotes awful game play.

Snow Globe is wonderful for locking down opponents much more frequently but requires a shift in play style. Evuli has a great Snow Globe Evie.

Wormhole is the standard run of the mill game play for an Evie. It's Basic Bitch Evie.

Over The Moon allows hard hitting finishers and resets, this one is less likely to be picked simply because of the risk that comes with it.

Wormhole already has a check and balance with it that some players have tried to get rid of which I disagree. It comes with a trade off built in.

If you don't blink back then you have to wait 4s in order to blink back (Used to be 3s) and people would argue in favor of getting rid of that Trade Off.

Evie is a Glass Canon and always has been. She is fine where she stands. She is a champion that requires the player to play her a lot and be extremely good with for her to be good at high levels.

All this is not say that Evie can be annoying as hell but that is her role.
    I hate to say "Get better aim" but yeah "Get better aim" because once you do you start realize that flanks aren't as hard to deal with as you thought they were.

Also Evie is vulnerable once she uses Soar, it's a long CD and if she doesn't get any kills then she is ripe for the pickings.

It takes getting used to an Evie but once you do you will find she does have more openings than you thought she did.

To be honest the Flank category basically falls under "You win, Die or run away" as that is what they are basically designed for. Talus is the biggest bitch of them all as he has some of the most insane damage with Overcharge and a "Get out of here" ability which combined with a talent resets Overcharge.

Summary: Blink nor Wormhole need a nerf. She is fine where she is.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    You and that other guy both used the "shes hard to play" excuse
    How hard a champion is to play shouldn't factor into how OP they are

Shes the ONLY flank i cant hit because human reaction time is more than instant

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

And she's the flank with one of the lowest dps. I mean least you have time to react and run unlike otherflanks. Honestly the hard to play excuse is a really good excuse considering how much effort you have to put in to get a small reward. I would much prefer to get destroyed by a high skill evie rather than a lex running around spamming and killing me every so often. But yea practice with evie, and build a decent setup to figure out her weaknesses.

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    I'd prefer to get destroyed by Lex, since Lex has counterplay without relying on CC.

Beta Player Marquess undeadvillan's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I was playing Evie the other day so I'll just state this. Playing Evie online with the lag is harder than it has to be. Yesterday I lost count of how many time's I was killed thru wormhole or my blink was delay after the work hole and I get killed.

I went to trining mode and was able to blink after work hole just fine so that let me know that the lag was why.

Beta Player Sovereign Prince SiderumNocte's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered Forum Tier 2

The difficulty of a champion effects whether that "OP" is justified or not.
    Evie isn't OP. She is beyond your reaction time which is fine but I've already told you how to counter Evie.
    I've given examples of where and when Evie is vulnerable.

"She's hard to play" isn't an excuse, it's a fact that is damn near undisputed.

Your 'excuse' is "I can't hit Evie".

I'm not saying Evie isn't annoying as hell to deal with but annoying isn't OP. If we were to compare Evie and Talus then Talus's abilities are far more broken than Evie.
    Patch 1.4 Ying Best Healer in the Damn Game.

Support Skye is a better healer than Jenos.