View Poll Results: How do you support buffing buck?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Increasing his damage from 700 to 800

2 12.50%
  • Increasing his health from 2300 to 2400-2500

2 12.50%
  • Giving him an extra 1 or 2 ammunition.

12 75.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Buff Buck a little bit?

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger First Class Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Buck was pretty powerful until they nerfed some of his cards recently. Specially the damage reduction and extra healing cards. I forgot about the nerfs and played a match with old loadout as I used to play him. I was getting killed left and right and I couldn't understand why. Compared to other flanks' defense skills, his Recovery doesn't feel as useful anymore.

Front Line : Barik, Inara, Fernando, Khan
    Support : Mal'Damba, Pip and almost every support
    Damage : Tyra, Drogoz, Strix, Viktor, Sha Lin, Lian
    Flank : Zhin, Buck

::---Champion Concepts---::
    Damage Champion : Ikka
    Support Champion : Sasawa

Beta Player Duke ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    MRTriggerbot I understand what you are trying to explain, but the solution is not quite good. We don't want buck to fall into the OP category just because other flanks are better then him, instead hi-rez should consider balancing the other flanks, talking about maeve, her daggers aren't forgiving, she don't have ammo, agreed but unless you got a god-like aim, you will have 400 damage per shot while jumping and dodging shit because of your low health.

Secondly i understand what you are trying to say, again, i even find it annoying that buck has only one movement ability in comparison with all the other flanks, but reducing the base cooldown will not help as much as buffing seismic wave, putting it at 1s per level, we can focus builds on the cooldown, making bounce house somewhat worth it and we can put it on level 2 or 3 and focus our loadout on other cards revolving other LC instead of investing 4 points in this one card.
    That included i just like how simple buck's cooldowns are, all are at a 10s cooldown, easy to calculate and remember, idk, it's just me.

Also YES you did said that stomping grounds don't give you 100% off cooldown, but i don't think you ill get pretty low as soon as you jump in or even possibly get a kill and trigger stomping ground. Currently the only problem i see with stomping ground is that you can't use it in a bulk up build because you won't be able to get killing blows and trigger it, it's just too risky, again...

Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    Also Life Exchange beat Resonance in votes >
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Majority also voted for trump.
    Mic drop

Beta Player Knight MRtriggerbot's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    ElectroPaladin, you are probably one of the most reasonable people on this forum.
    Your points are always very compelling and I agree with most of the things that you have said, especially regarding the problem with Androxus.
    I do believe that some champions need a bit of tweaking but I also believe that should be done to Buck.
    Both of our arguments are not inherently wrong they are simply different, and I respect that, I always try to listen to opinions that conflict my own.
    Adding anything else would be pointless so I am going to conclude my argument here, I have nothing else to say.
    Ultimately I believe that Hi-Rez will address the current flank situation, and we as a community we can only sit back and watch.
    It was a pleasure to talk to you.

Beta Player Knight MiniMarquess's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Pip was an awesome flank for his survivability (1200hp 8 seconds), his good health (2500hp), his good movement ability, but, moreover, for his CC (8s --> 5s with cards), before HiRez nerfed him.

Buck has the best burst dmg in flank class (Over the Moon Evie up to 1020 with direc hit // Ensnare Buck up to 1260 with headshot). He has more hp than any other flank (and with Bulck Up than any other champion - but Front Line oc). That's also why he has large hitbox (but not the larger - Moji). He has great self-heal (up to 1600hp each 5s). He has quite good dmg reduction (well, a little nerf was deserved --> he has now about same dmg reduction than Maeve, but much more hp and self-sustain, yes, less mobility oc).
    Buck has not soo good mobility (but think about Moji and Skye, or even Zhin, Talus and Lex), but he has vertical mobility (which is good) and the CD is quite high (up to 7.5s), but not soo high, and can be reduced (all CD are, not only Soar or Billow) by 100% getting a kill (wow a Skye's leg in deck).

What makes Buck unique in Flank class is his Net Shot. He's the only flank with CC ability, so he does't need lot of mobility to kill a slowed enemy.

In my opinion, he doesn't need any buff, he's a good champion. »»winrate«« (if you care about such things)
    I like to play many champions, but I'm a support-main.
    Please, stop nerf healers 'cause they can even kill a flank once in a hundred.
    you need help and much more skill, trust me.

If you think a support needs a nerf, just play him. You'll see how ez it is to play with 4 "vhs" spammer
    vs a full cauterize team, with a kth-tank
    and maybe 2 flankers who just want you dead.

I bet after 5 minutes you’ll say: “Please, buff healers!”

»» Galatea - Divinity of the elements ««

Level
    Achievements:
    Mini you are making valid arguments, let's not touch pip, every support was nerfed, it was just a sad sad time, i won't touch that topic coz it infuriates me quite a lot and i am pretty angry on hi-rez already to have another excuse to enrage that flame.

Talking about buck, i do agree that his headshots are of quite high potential, but here is where his spread comes in, you know hitting a headshot on buck isn't skill based, it's whether the RNG blesses you or not, you can hit back to back headshots on tanks due to their large head hitbox, but when it comes to damage classes or supports(excluding pip) it's more luck based then skill based.
    I agree he has high health but his damage works out for that, his damage isn't a lot, his health isn't a lot, and then again with the burst meta, his health is useless, also yes bulk up increases his health but let's be real, are you going to use bulk up before going into the fight? If not, during the fight bulk up gives you a 600 health burst and sustain healing form there on, which is HEAVILY countered by caut, and as you fight damage classes as a flank, you are quite of luck with there, i know you are talking in perspective of a healer, but the thing is, healers were nerfed so badly that any flank can excel against them, heck some healers struggle against moji and that's a tragedy.
    His leap cd is not as overwhelming as you are describing, most flanks either have an engage and disengage ability or have abilities that straight up decrease the cooldown of their movement ability, take andro for example, if you hit your reversal blow, you get a free nether step with right loadout, his vertical movement is not really vertical, its more on a 75 degree angle or heck 60 or 50 without leg day(a must have card) you can't climb steep areas with it, trust me i have tried, using legday at 3 is a waste of three points, it's either legday 4 or no leg day.

His net shot is good, yeah he can get a champion slow and easily hit targets, he can't cripple them so they can still use movement abilities, but yeah net shot is good.

At the end, buck IS a good champion and with a bit practice, he can be played well, it's just in comparison to the other flanks, he feels left out, but then ehh flanks are broken so what can we do.

Also triggerbot it was a pleasure talking with you too!

Mic drop

Beta Player Knight MiniMarquess's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree.
    What I said is that Buck is still good. OC Andro is OP and Lex is pew-pew 1800dps and Maeve is a tank-melter and…
    But what about Skye? She has more dps and more bullets, but she's much worse and ez to kill.
    If Buck wastes 1.5s to heal during battle (vs Cauterize), he deserves to die
    Use it before (to gain 300 more hp) and after (to heal - full health in 1.5s), then start another battle.
    His problem is that he can approach an enemy with Leap, Net him, kill him in 2-3s, self-heal. But he cannot jump again. You must be smart or use many points in deck.
    I don't want to see another OP champion. Please, before nerf the OP ones, remore/reduce burst dmg (really… almost each dmg as an anti-flank talent), help supports to survive and play a good game (not only for their nerfs, there is the 70% CC reduction in so many decks and lot of champs -flanks- can simply avoid supports' CC -Shadow Step, Billow, Magic Barrier…), help some Front Liners too (do you think possible a 3745 health Makoa can die for a pounce? - well, he can )
    Last edited by MiniMarquess; 09-17-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    I like to play many champions, but I'm a support-main.
    Please, stop nerf healers 'cause they can even kill a flank once in a hundred.
    you need help and much more skill, trust me.

If you think a support needs a nerf, just play him. You'll see how ez it is to play with 4 "vhs" spammer
    vs a full cauterize team, with a kth-tank
    and maybe 2 flankers who just want you dead.

I bet after 5 minutes you’ll say: “Please, buff healers!”

»» Galatea - Divinity of the elements ««

Level
    Achievements:
    I agree that they should rather nerf the OP flanks then buffing the decent ones.
    It's just dumb, well at least buck isn't hi-rez's favorite champion so whatever happens i wouldn't be called cancer to pick buck!

Mic drop

Beta Player Grand Prince M3RC3N4RI0's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 5000 Experience Points Forum Tier 3 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectroPaladin View Post
    Talking about buck, i do agree that his headshots are of quite high potential, but here is where his spread comes in, you know hitting a headshot on buck isn't skill based, it's whether the RNG blesses you or not, you can hit back to back headshots on tanks due to their large head hitbox, but when it comes to damage classes or supports(excluding pip) it's more luck based then skill based.
    Exactly. I tried this out at the shooting range, if you place the cross-hair on the head and shoot five times (without moving it) you get 2-3 headshots. Even with perfect aim its not necessarily a headshot. Lex for example gets 100% a headshot if he aims at the head no matter the distance.

Beta Player Recruit VisionaryWitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Buck's kit is really strong already, he doesn't need a buff.
    It's time to take charge!
    Soon™ to be flex main
    --------------
    Main champions
    • Ying/Furia
    • Evie
    • Makoa/Fernando
    • Cassie

Discord Game-Advisor, need advice? Let me know!

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Where do I vote for Buck is fine, other champions and their talents need a nerf?
    September 2017, OB59
    Androxus was turned into the Spam Lord for more damage than any other champion.