Thread: So, what if we put wormhole in Evie’s base kit

Member Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

So, what if we put wormhole in Evie’s base kit

Ok so lately i’ve been thinking about Evie and her tales, more especifically how everybody and they’re mother uses only wormhole, and why is that? Well i think its because her other talents can’t really compete. I mean, if like 95% of the players uses the same talent it’s because A) it’s op AF, or B) it’s the only good one, and let’s be honest, the only people that say that evie is op are low tier players that are in love with walking bricks like tyra and vivian (at least the ones I’ve encountered). So yeah i think Evie’s base kit is clunky, and i realized this on rise of furia. Without cards and talents she feels so lame compared to other champs that just feel not as good (but fine non the less).
    So here are my ideas:
    1. put wormhole on her base kit. people are already familiarized with the mechanic and it only normalizes an existing movement option while given her other qualities that are not just being annoying and distracting. And that brings me to the rework of her talents.
    2. Reprieve: now it can cancel and be canceled by other abilities. Right now reprieve is kind of a trade of, and thats because ice block itself it’s a trade of. Every Evie main knows that staying in ice block too long is basically a petition to get shot and melted. And yeah you can get healed 900 fine, but that is gonna go in an instant if someone is waiting for you, and the more time you wait inside the ice block is more posible for someone to find you. With this change the idea is ti give evie more options at the time to come out of ice block. I mean, you can escape by either fliying or blinking, or engage by shooting or even ulting ( imagine doing that to an androxus spamming defiance on your face). Also you could cancel soar mid air with an ice block to save yourself, that sounds useful.
    3. Snow globe: instead of charging your ult faster, and doing double the dmg twice as fast, now you can deploy it at a distance. Have you ever used ice storm in the middle of a team fight? No? Yeah me neither, that ult is for squishies like healers or very cooldown depending champs, but what if you could help in the team fight with your ult? Like imagine throw an snow ball to the point in the middle of overtime and thanks to the cripple and slow your team can now have a better chance to win that last push. Or even if you don’t like that excuse, just think bout how many times you have put yourself im harms way to put an ult on someone, and watch how you just couldn’t take advantage of it, because you lost half of your health by getting in the middle of the bullet exchange. So yeah, it’ll be like damba’s ult, would that be so much?
    4. Over the moon: now soar makes 400-500 dmg and a little push back when you crash with someone: this would work like makoa’s shell spin but harder to hit. I think that giving her more dmg after soar doesn’t really change the way you look at soar, But with this now you could see it not only as a movement ability as another weapon. Besides it could give her more dmg options since she only has one (and no her ult does so little dmg at the point that by itself is worthless damage-wise, so it doesn’t count)
    5. Tear jump: now both your blinks are separated from each other. This is my replacement for wormhole, and the more i think about it the more i like it. Just imagine to blink up, shot, soar, shot, and instead of going back you blink in another direction. That would give Evie a more unpredictable play style. Now people wont wait for you to blink back all the time, instead they would have to be careful with your location. The thing is, if this change happens i would expect a little rise on her skill requirement (for this talent at least) and not everyone would be able to take full advantage of it and really pull it off.

So yeah, those are my ideas. These are not facts, just suggestions to give Evie an even more fun champ to play as. And seriously, i think you would have to make wormhole useless by ny extend so people stop using it more that the other talents.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Putting Wormhole in her base kit is unreasonable: it limits design space and power budget. Essentially, you can't do that for free, something else must be taken out.

I don't really like most of your changes to talents, I think they are unimaginative. The only one I like is the ranged Snow Globe, but that can't happen right now because Snow Globe was just changed so you can have 2 ultimates up at the same time (it was 60% charge earlier in 1.3) and people are still figuring out whether it's still a bad talent or it can actually work. While I don't think that Snow Globe is a competitive talent at all, making it ranged would definitely enable Evie to use it very damn effectively and I like that. If you're interested in other Evie redesign ideas, check my signature.

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I already gave this suggestions, and it's a bad one, she just needs changes in talents to have more playstyles like the most of the champs.
    Venezuelan guy that loves Paladins and its community
    Da rules

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wormhole is op, it needs nerf. A good player using this card is really really annoying and feels like you're being cheated when they kill you. The only counter to it is a cripple and unfortunately no damage champions other than Tyra's fire bomb lc (which is almost useless against a good Evie) have a cripple.

Banned Knight
    Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    wormhole is very annoying she can tele atk and tele back rinse and repeat its very easy to detect her tele back, but the bad part on is that its freaking annoying the only way to stop her for tele back is to pick cripple legends to stop on her tracks.

Beta Player Recruit VisionaryWitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Wormhole is not OP, and it most certainly does not need a nerf. Do you want Evie to be a sitting duck, that does nothing but die? Most of the roster (yes that includes Supports) out dps' her by far, what does she have to make up for that? Exactly, mobility. You can even trace the blinks, plus there's a short interval. "A good player using this card is really really annoying" Exactly, a GOOD player. Evie takes a LOT of practice, and is a lot less rewarding than most champions. It's not like you buy Evie and unlock Wormhole and just start owning everyone. As a matter a fact, odds are you'll get owned most of the time.

That being said, wormhole should remain a talent. Putting it in the base kit would be unreasonable, Wormhole + OTM = Abuse. That would be worse than the old blink damage buff. People would whine (and rightly so) and OTM would get nerfed hard or reworked entirely, and Evie'll be left with even less good talents. I don't want another reprieve.
    It's time to take charge!
    Soon™ to be flex main
    --------------
    Main champions
    • Ying/Furia
    • Evie
    • Makoa/Fernando
    • Cassie

Discord Game-Advisor, need advice? Let me know!

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionaryWitch View Post
    Wormhole is not OP, and it most certainly does not need a nerf.
    She gets a get out of jail card every 4 seconds. How in the world is that not op? With other champions you do a mistake and as result you get killed. With Evie you can put yourself in a bad position every 4 seconds, fire 2-3 shots and just teleport to safety. Repeat. Also it DOUBLES the effectiveness of all her blink cards, like the one that heals.
    The talent as a whole is just nonsense, she practically becomes Talus but on steroids, just with a different weapon.
    September 2017, OB59
    Androxus was turned into the Spam Lord for more damage than any other champion.

Member Baronet
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by CSX82 View Post
    She gets a get out of jail card every 4 seconds. How in the world is that not op? With other champions you do a mistake and as result you get killed. With Evie you can put yourself in a bad position every 4 seconds, fire 2-3 shots and just teleport to safety. Repeat. Also it DOUBLES the effectiveness of all her blink cards, like the one that heals.
    The talent as a whole is just nonsense, she practically becomes Talus but on steroids, just with a different weapon.
    This thread alone should suggest you that Wormhole is literally her only trick up her sleeve. There's nothing in Evie kit that helps her in a 1 v 1 and her weapon is arguably the hardest to put to good use. As broken as Wormhole looks, Evie can't exist without.

Beta Player Recruit VisionaryWitch's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by CSX82 View Post
    She gets a get out of jail card every 4 seconds. How in the world is that not op?
    She has the lowest HP on the roster, is amongst the lowest dps on the roster and her weapon is one of the hardest to aim with. If you'd nerf Wormhole, you would have to nerf her in other places. Which would in turn call for either a rework, or the return of bonus damage on blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vijana View Post
    This thread alone should suggest you that Wormhole is literally her only trick up her sleeve. There's nothing in Evie kit that helps her in a 1 v 1 and her weapon is arguably the hardest to put to good use. As broken as Wormhole looks, Evie can't exist without.
    Well put.
    It's time to take charge!
    Soon™ to be flex main
    --------------
    Main champions
    • Ying/Furia
    • Evie
    • Makoa/Fernando
    • Cassie

Discord Game-Advisor, need advice? Let me know!