Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Khan's ultimate is too powerful considering how easy to use it is.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Khan's ultimate is too powerful considering how easy to use it is.

I think Khan's ultimate need some rework or nerfs. Right now it's just too good. On low elos drogoz' or bk's ultis are really powerful because people don't know what to do, they don't know what ultis do etc, so they don't position themselves properly etc in respose to those. On higher levels though they become one of the most risky ultis to use. When experienced people hear drogoz is ultiing they immediately look after him, and focus the fire. Sha lin can use plantd, jenos can fire his ulti, you can use bk's or skye's ulti too. Very often drogoz will flee or die immediately after ultiing. The same goes for bk. The higher the level the harder those ultis are to use. Your skill at using ultis may rise but players awareness will rise faster.

But Khan? In his case it's the opposite. A bad Khan will ulti while low HP, wrong target or just in wrong place. But there is absolutely no counter against Khan that knows how to use his ult and it's easy to know this. The range is so huge you can easily grab people from safe position and then you or your team will finish them. The only way is to kill Khan but thanks to his range he can easily hide behind the cover most of the times plus he is 4k HP so not an easy target to burst down. And most likely it's going to be a trade at best because his victim will likely die anyway.

I think Khan's ultimate should be much more risky to use. One way to do this is to simply reduce the range drastically so you have to really expose yourself.

Another way I can think of is to let the victim shoot or maybe even use abilities except the movement ones? Basicall jenos grip with criple and the ability to move and push your target. This will add a lot of risk since you won't be able to use your ulti as finishing move while you're low hp plus a poorly executed ulti could potentially cause harm to your team. Also this adds obvious ways to counter , for example as a Skye you can just drop your bomb forcing Khan to immediatelly release you and escape.

There is a lot of adjustments we can do here. Maybe don't allow for use of utlimates or maybe allow players to use them only after like a second of being gripped? Maybe do both to some extent, reduce range and let victims shoot?

Right now it's risk free, low skill floor, highest reward ulti and it's wrong.

Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Khan's ult is pretty different from Bk's and Drogoz's, Khan's ult doesnt instakill. And while he is grabbing a target, moving the target and throwing the target he is pretty vulnerable because it could take around 2-3 second for him to be able to use his abilities again, and in that 2-3 he can take a lot of damage. If you grab someone in the wrong time you will just be bursted down, throwing the enemy or holding him still can show different results, if you throw the enemy it just deals 500 damage, if you throw the enemy off it can be a free kill or almost one if you throw it in a bad angle. When you hold him you just have to wait for your team to shoot him.

Beta Player Marquess FluffyRuff's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I'd like a range nerf for sure.

I would like to say i want to shoot him as i'm in his ult, but i don't think it's something hi rez wants to allow with this kind of ult since I think they want you to be helpless during his ult. Idk

Banned Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRuff View Post
    I'd like a range nerf for sure.

I would like to say i want to shoot him as i'm in his ult, but i don't think it's something hi rez wants to allow with this kind of ult since I think they want you to be helpless during his ult. Idk
    I could see reducing the range, anything more would be pretty strong. as had been said, he's vulnerable himself during his ultimate. He relies on either positioning or his teammates to get the actual kill, during which time, he's wide open.

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
    It's basically Makoa's hook on steroids. It's op.
    I've been playing Pip... alot...

Proudest Achievements:

Level 300 Pip
    (and rising!)

>> Click >> 355,881 healing in 25 minutes! << Click <<
    (with Pip ofcourse!)

>> Click >> First septakill ever? << Click <<
    (with Pip ofcourse!)

My IGN: zVersee
    Region: EU
    Stats: Click Here

Beta Player Duke ElectroPaladin's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points
    I approve, it actually turns out quite literally uncounter able, but remember if you are being ulted, you and khan both are in the same scenario, you both can't use your abilities, the difference is khan is now controlling your movement, range nerf will be okay but anything else will be just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Peinzius View Post
    Also Life Exchange beat Resonance in votes >
    Quote Originally Posted by GeSteYiam View Post
    Majority also voted for trump.
    Mic drop

Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 4 25000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
    It’s basically a free kill 95 % of the time. Usually people save it from the previous round and insta-grab someone as the next one starts which instantly puts the other team in a 4v5 scenario. This is huge and way too easy to pull off with Khan’s ult.

A range nerf might be the most optimal way to nerf Khan’s ultimate in my opinion.

Banned Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    I think as far as saving it for the next round (which opening with it is just good strategy, imo) Takis is the worse offender. He can dehorse an entire team and leave safely when done right, giving his team a headstart on the point. Can be devastating.

Beta Player Baron
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 3 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NeveroddoreveN View Post
    I could see reducing the range, anything more would be pretty strong. as had been said, he's vulnerable himself during his ultimate. He relies on either positioning or his teammates to get the actual kill, during which time, he's wide open.
    No, he isn't wide open. Just ulti from around the corner. His range allows for it easily in most situations.

Also the other guy said Khan can be burst down - he can't if only he ultis consciously instead of impulsively. And it's easy to learn it hence the problem.

It doesn't matter how much planning you do as drogoz or bk, the enemy team can get ready and punish you and basically nullify your ulti. But if you actually think how to ulti as a Khan, there is no counter to you.

Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only thing I think should be changed is the range at that you can grab somebody, it reaches way too far.
    September 2017, OB59
    Androxus was turned into the Spam Lord for more damage than any other champion.