Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FPS Drop Issue

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester

Exclamation FPS DROP [ring included] + [info]

Ring:
    Proc: i5-4200H @ 2.8Ghz + Turbo 3.5Ghz
    Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 850M @ 4GB DDR3 128bits
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM @ 1600Mhz
    SSD: Samsung 850 Evo @ 250GB + HDD @ 1TB - 7200RPM

So lets begin..
    When the game have been started, i used to play it on 1080p with 140+ FPS with the GAME @ MAXIMUM details.
    Now, after alot of udates, see Ob 50 + until now (Active Ob69) my FPS is kinda dropping while in Menu or when im in gameplay mode..
    Tried alot of things, but the thing is: With details @ MAXIMUM or @ LOW (everthing) i still get the same FPS (and yes, i did exit the game, restarted the laptop..but no difference)
    Did alot of maintenance, registery cleaned, even i did a little OC to my Nvidia Card from 1000Mhz(base mem clock) to 1200Mhz with the chance in mind that this thing gonna chance sth..but NO !!!
    So im trying to figure out how my Ring can not support this game at least at 100FPS or more.. when the RECOMMANDED Specs are :
    CPU: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
    CPU SPEED: Info
    RAM: 4 GB
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6950 or better with 768 MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 Compatible)
    SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible sound card
    FREE DISK SPACE: 10 GB

Did alot of changes, tried 32bit version, tried it in safe mode, tried it on DX9, lowed the resolution, nothing...
    The fps can go at least to 175 on 1600x900 with all stuff @ MAXIMUM.
    But when i do enter in a match, my fps won't go more than 40-60.
    Tried different drivers for my Video Card ( Old ones, and the newest one).
    The temperatures won't go above 70-75°C (is a laptop..with 4th generation @ Intel..22nm does some overheat..so chill it).
    Even did some changes in *Documents->My Games->paladinslive->ChaosGame->Config->ChaosSystemSettings.ini ...did some things on *False* with the chance that things gonna be way easier for my lappy.*
    The real things is..maybe i exagerated with 40-60FPS, yes, it can go higher 80+100+ ..but only when i do nothing, when i play some, or when i change from different Menu parts, it drops alot ..
    Here comes some pictures..

http://prntscr.com/j8ct79
    http://prntscr.com/j8cswa
    http://prntscr.com/j8d0p1
    http://prntscr.com/j8d0um

P.S: 60 and 75 FPS are the way i mentain my FPS constant..coz if i let it alone ..to go on its own..HUH, fps drops can be felt so baaad.

Waiting for some answers, if possible
    Thanks in advance,
    Br3akTheRules
    Last edited by Br3akTheRules; 04-21-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points Forum Tier 2 Closed Beta Tester
    As you can see, my GPU is used not over 60% of its potential.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    As the game receives more updates, it adds more assets, which slow down the overall performance. Coupled with your slightly outdated hardware (4th Gen. i5, 800 series GTX, DDR3 RAM, etc.), you should expect the slowdowns. My suggestion would be to get better parts.

Also, the minimum specs listed for any game are for running them at 30 FPS unless stated otherwise. You need to surpass those spec by quite a margin to get good visual quality as well as performance.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Tagger Second Class Forum Tier 2 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hmm.

I reach the 175 FPS and hold them for the most time spent IG.

But, certain parts of certain maps (Brightmarsh / Ascencion Peak for me) and almost exclusively during engagements with a lot of stuff happening, make the framerate drop down to values between
    50 - 100 FPS.

This, in a very unconsistent manner. Goes upside down, but sometimes does it instantly (quick drop) sometimes gets stuck at low values for a couple seconds, sometimes navigates randomly and makes me feel like staring at my framerate is like staring at the sea.

GTX 970, doesn't heat higher than 65°, overclocked to 1400MHz approximately (Core Clock, Memory one is close to 2000MHz)

None of my PC component suffers from Paladins ANYWAYS.

It's not up to PC specs, bugzy himself mentionned these FPS drops in his Ranked 3.0 placements. The link is at the moment he mentions it, you can also just look for the in-game FPS counter up-right of the screen and see for yourself.

As far as I digged - not much - the only video option that helped me get rid of these issues was
    LOWERING RESOLUTION SCALE, sadly it makes the game not only look really ugly and flat/pixelized, but it makes it plain unplayable.

Anything to do with that Resolution Scale thing maybe ? Also from what I remind, I never had such FPS drops BEFORE the option was added into the game, which was quite recently if I'm correct.
    Last edited by Musiicy; 04-21-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidt View Post
    As the game receives more updates, it adds more assets, which slow down the overall performance. Coupled with your slightly outdated hardware (4th Gen. i5, 800 series GTX, DDR3 RAM, etc.), you should expect the slowdowns. My suggestion would be to get better parts.

Also, the minimum specs listed for any game are for running them at 30 FPS unless stated otherwise. You need to surpass those spec by quite a margin to get good visual quality as well as performance.
    even if he has low end/old parts,it doesnt change that much ,i have a coffee lake ,gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb ram at 2400 mhz and i suffer from random stutter aswell ,plus neither my cpu and gpu is getting maxed out,so in few words ,its a bad game optimization which started happening since the launch of ob 69 (atleast in my case)
    Last edited by Death1st; 04-21-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Death1st View Post
    even if he has low end/old parts,it doesnt change that much ,i have a coffee lake ,gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb ram at 2400 mhz and i suffer from random stutter aswell ,plus neither my cpu and gpu is getting maxed out,so in few words ,its a bad game optimization which started happening since the launch of ob 69 (atleast in my case)
    Yes, I mentioned that in my first point. The game's ever increasing content slows it down.
    GIVE ME THE OLD RIPENED GOURD BACK! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    So the best part is to Contact Hi-Rez and tell them to improve some optimization. (i see the game is going for a Pay to Win ..with all those Battle Pass and so on). Maybe with the money from generous ppl they gonna make some good updates that can fix bugs and atleast everything that won't work so well.
    I saw alot of posts with New Tehnology(ryzen or Intel 6th gen ++),but ppl still complaining about that FPS drop.
    So probably is rude from me to ask about optimization with those Specs .
    Is kinda sad, i usually play on 27" Monitor @ 1080p ..that means if i get all settings on low and even the resolution..my game gonna be kind of MineCraft or sth oldish. : D

Thanks for your replies guys, see you in the Realm !
    For some plays, add me: Br3akTheRules .

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points

Question Random FPS Drop

Since the last patch or so i'm having random fps drops. This happens at every match 5 min. in.
    I've always played with low settings since the gameplay is more important to me and i always had an stable fps, but now the fps just drops. I don't know what is causing this and what i should do to fix it. (I play in the steam client, have all my drivers up to date and all the video settings at low)

Thanks.

Level
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Are you only having this issue in Paladins? If not, could be a heating issue. Blow your computer out to get rid of the dust, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, it could be that you have too much open in the background, close some of the apps running in the background. I'd say monitor your temps with a program like HWiNFO, monitor your cpu usage, memory usage, and disk usage. There is a lot of things that could cause this for instance when was the last time you cleaned your disk and defragged it?

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Closed Beta Tester 1 year registered Forum Tier 2 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesouw View Post
    Are you only having this issue in Paladins? If not, could be a heating issue. Blow your computer out to get rid of the dust, replace the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, it could be that you have too much open in the background, close some of the apps running in the background. I'd say monitor your temps with a program like HWiNFO, monitor your cpu usage, memory usage, and disk usage. There is a lot of things that could cause this for instance when was the last time you cleaned your disk and defragged it?
    Yes, it is only on paladins, i ran the steam option to verify the game files and i think it worked nut not sure.