Thread: FPS Drop Issue

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points Closed Beta Tester

Huge FPS drops in Paladins

Hello Paladins Community,

I am facing a lot of FPS drops in Paladins recently. I am using an i5 6402P with GTX 1060 3GB and 8GB DDR4 RAM and my FPS drops from 150 to 80-90 in every single match and also in some maps like brightmarsh, the FPS drops to 40-50. I becomes very hard to play like this. I have been monitoring my PC stats and I can confirm there are no overheating issues. However, my CPU usage is usually very high with average of 80% while my GPU stays at 35%.

I am playing the game at all maximum settings with 8x AA and VSYNC off and 1080p resolution. Now if I lower the settings, my CPU usage and FPS drops increases. My OS is Windows 10 Pro and the game is installed in a WD 120GB Green SSD. So basically I have done everything possible to get the best performance but I am not getting it. By the way, all other games are just working fine. Any help would be highly appreciated. Also I have recorded a small clip and have uploaded on youtube.com where you can see how high my CPU usage is going the FPS drops.

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wrk...ature=youtu.be

Beta Player Marquess undeadvillan's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    I'll say this:

Like I said in another thread cap your FPS at 60 unless you have a 144hz monitor. Those extra frames over 60 are being dropped and using extra power for literally no extra results. Plus with a 60 FPS cap your frame rate shouldn't be jumping up and down like music sound waves.

As for the rest. Your specs are pretty good, but you getting FPS drops is no surprise to me. I have a i7 6700T and a 4gb Windoforce 980gtx it don't get much better than that and I use to see frame drops before I capped it to be at 60 FPS.

Great game. I know.

Beta Player Baronet noobersauce's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester Forum Tier 2 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Do you alt+tab out of the game often ? If you do, paladins has this issue where it's not able to handle that too often and there's a big FPS drop because of that.

If that is the case, I suggest you use the "Borderless Window" setting in your game. I have a friend that alt+tabs a lot and he noticed his FPS drops stopped after that.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    I don't have much technical knowledge but I feel a huge difference when the FPS is above 100. Like at 60, it feels like there is some kind of aim acceleration and it becomes impossible for me to aim. I can probably play with champs like Nando, Moji and Torvald as there is literally no AIM needed but when playing with champs like Andro, Sha Lin or Cassie, I clearly feel the difference. And I have a 60Hz 1080p monitor.

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Achievements:
    I don't really use it that often but I if I use borderless windows, my FPS caps at 60 which becomes impossible for me to play.

Beta Player Marquess undeadvillan's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Forum Tier 3
    Quote Originally Posted by L0gik69 View Post
    I don't have much technical knowledge but I feel a huge difference when the FPS is above 100. Like at 60, it feels like there is some kind of aim acceleration and it becomes impossible for me to aim. I can probably play with champs like Nando, Moji and Torvald as there is literally no AIM needed but when playing with champs like Andro, Sha Lin or Cassie, I clearly feel the difference. And I have a 60Hz 1080p monitor.
    All in your head if your monitor is only 60hz then 60 fps is all it can handle and anything extra is dropped.

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Same problem here... it's really really annoying

Beta Player Knight YouJustGotOwn3D's Avatar
    Level
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Closed Beta Tester 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by undeadvillan View Post
    All in your head if your monitor is only 60hz then 60 fps is all it can handle and anything extra is dropped.
    lmao its not only "in your head"i have 60hz monitor too and i see huge difference when i play on 60 fps and 100+ fps,its same like it was in capped in cs 1.6 it feels like u have delay while draging your crosshair it moves slower with vsync on

Beta Player Recruit
    Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Do you already try the D3D11? i have the same issue, and as long as i use it, i never had that problem anymore
    How to use it:
    Option > Video > Use D3D11 (Enable) > Restart your game > play > have fun xD
    I even max out all of my graphic system in paladins

Banned Sovereign Prince
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Achievements:
    Closed Beta Tester 10000 Experience Points Forum Tier 4 1 year registered
    In the video settings, disable these two features , clickable screenshot :